Jackie Kabler - lack of empathy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

All the time Ive been a member of this forum which is a good few years I have never said I don't like any of the presenters, and there has been some who have totally got on my nerves, but wouldn't deliberately say so, but I am going to make an exception here, and say I realy dislike Jackie to the stage where I cant watch anything shes on, her whole attitude and way of presenting, just makes me feel like we are not worthy of her, and she doesn't realy want to be there

There said it.

Did anyone see her late last night on the Honora Pearls show when she got the giggles. It was very embarrassing and I felt really sorry for Ralph who I can say handled it very professionally. I get fed up of all the silly little quips between Jackie and Chloe, they are like two silly teenage schoolgirls and to be honest I'd like to give them both a detention!

She's probably heard that the Bet Lynch of the Rovers Return look is all the go this winter....she'll be eating fondue and watching Abigail's Party next...

You clearly missed the section about twenty minutes in (I only tune in during ad breaks from sensible programmes). She was raving in a Harry Met Sally way about a purple cat, sorry, coat, with thick fake fur. " Oh, yes, yes, yes...I want this....." I can only say that the ensemble, of fake fur plus dangly earrings was Barmaid 1974, no doubt complementing Glenn's Man At C&A outfit.

I have no time for presenters who don't do pre show preparation. Don't like Del Boys pushy hard sell but at least she knows the details of the items she is selling.

I like Jackie. Granted lack of preparation isn't good but most of the time she's much, much calmer and quieter than a lot of presenters and guests. She doesn't shriek her head off which is my number 1 requirement in a TV presenter as I have misophonia. So many of them are so loud, shouty and screechy I just can't watch them at all, Mally being an obvious example. I like Ali Young but she really is loud, I have to turn her down very low to be able to listen to her. Julia, Marv, Jill, Debbie and Catherine are unlistenable to me, not so much because they're noisy but their voices just sound terrible. Chloe really is very loud recently, she's too much for me now.
Anyway back to Jackie... I don't really see her looking down her nose at all, or don't perceive it as such anyway. She looks like she's enjoying herself to me. I think you can tell if she really doesn't like something but is just being polite, though, which is pretty good really. She's not a good liar who's going to spin a load of endless hard sell flannel like Flint.

Jackie used to read our local BBC Breakfast news and looked as if she hated it. She looks a lot happier now. I like her, she doesn't take herself too seriously and seems to enjoy presenting a range of products. Much prefer her to DF and JR the divas.

I watched the lunch time show a few weeks a ago with her and Micheal and she was horrible to him. He could not say anything without her making catty remarks and talking down to him, at one point he said to her' Ok I can't say right for wrong today' she was being a right madam.

I only caught about five minutes of that show. I gave up after Glen used all of his stock fashionista phrases in one sentence...on trend .....a story coming through...dress it up or down....combine it with a little black....I did see Jackie with the coat with the fur collar - I thought it looked cheap. There was another coat that Glen said he could see a Parisian lady wearing!! No chance I thought.

Depends what Parisian lady. Saw one near the Moulin Rouge who would have worn it.

I watched the lunch time show a few weeks a ago with her and Micheal and she was horrible to him. He could not say anything without her making catty remarks and talking down to him, at one point he said to her' Ok I can't say right for wrong today' she was being a right madam.

What an overbearing madam ...she is a madam and that's pretty evident now I think ...lol ...:mysmilie_492:

Oh right, what kind of thing did she say?

I've seen her in action so can totally believe her attitude to the fella ...poor man ......she is arrogant ....totally above herself lol .....can't be doing ...I was shocked when she had a go at a floor worker ......venom ...that was there for sure ...a while back now but made uncomfortable viewing for sure

I've seen her in action so can totally believe her attitude to the fella ...poor man ......she is arrogant ....totally above herself lol .....can't be doing ...I was shocked when she had a go at a floor worker ......venom ...that was there for sure ...a while back now but made uncomfortable viewing for sure

What did she say to the floor worker?

What did she say to the floor worker?

Probably: "I've got a degree in zoology and used to read the news for ITN, and you're just a common low floor worker, well I'm above you! Look at my lovely round face and white hair! I own a lovely house and sports car and am just working here at this shopping channel until something better comes along!"

Latest posts

Back