JF

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 22840

Guest Shopper
I like Jill but can’t stand how she can’t talk without her hands sticking in the air all the time. She doesn’t have pretty hands, they are very skeletal & long boney fingers. Just awful.

Hand waving is all part of Presentation Training. Just watch any tv presenter, whether its outside tv reporters or studio based, they have to 'express' with hand movements. Some are far worse than others, and when you start to notice it, that's all you focus on.

Hand waving is all part of Presentation Training. Just watch any tv presenter, whether its outside tv reporters or studio based, they have to 'express' with hand movements. Some are far worse than others, and when you start to notice it, that's all you focus on.
Andrew Pierce Daily Mail consultant who appears on GMB also does this.

When my employer required me to make presentations they sent me on a course. One of the main ‘no-no’s’ is exaggerated or repeated hand movements, so distracting and annoying. Luckily I found I could emphasise certain points by changing the intonation of my voice, which I found more effective.

When my employer required me to make presentations they sent me on a course. One of the main ‘no-no’s’ is exaggerated or repeated hand movements, so distracting and annoying. Luckily I found I could emphasise certain points by changing the intonation of my voice, which I found more effective.
I too had to do presentations. Hated it. I was ok sat around a table with up to a dozen people, but standing in front of an audience not so much. I am pathetically short sighted, so I always took my glasses off so all their faces were a blur. 🤭

I caught a bit of a Christmas show with a lady on video call who had hands constantly flying all over the place - she could have had a job at Heathrow moving the planes about. I found it very distracting so it was a good job I wasn’t interested in the tat she was flogging.

Is anyone else seeing houses fully decorated for Halloween? All my neighbours have it done and it only the sodding 15th so their is still the other half of the month to go for 1 bliddy day.

I had to teach, do presentations and chair numerous meetings. If I’d adopted manic hand movements, while doing all of those, I’d have probably taken off like a helicopter, or completely distracted those listening to me.

I thought I was standing in a bus queue with a mad woman!

She was about 5 yards from me so not actually at the stop, and had her back to me.

All I could see were her arms waving around, sometimes like helicopter blades, sometimes like an orchestra conductor, and sometimes just random.

This continued for about 15m while waiting for the bus, and continued with less arm waving for about 3/4 hour on the bus, where I could hear that she was speaking, and I could hear every word.

By then, I knew she was on the phone to someone, but I never saw the phone or any headphones, she must have been wearing in-ear buds with a microphone.

She was still gabbling when we all got off the bus!

Little tit-bit (or ear-bit), - read an article recently, apparently there is a significant increase in ear infections, due in main to the wearing of in-ear buds. Presumably they are not cleaned as often as they should be. ugh ! I don't stick anything in my ears, and when answering my mobile indoors I always put it on speaker. (I say indoors, but I never get any calls when I'm out anyway ! - in fact I rarely get any calls !!!!)

Little tit-bit (or ear-bit), - read an article recently, apparently there is a significant increase in ear infections, due in main to the wearing of in-ear buds. Presumably they are not cleaned as often as they should be. ugh ! I don't stick anything in my ears, and when answering my mobile indoors I always put it on speaker. (I say indoors, but I never get any calls when I'm out anyway ! - in fact I rarely get any calls !!!!)
Perhaps people on here could phone each other?

My OH and I ring each other first thing in the morning just to check we are both still alive. Then we have a proper chat later in the day (when I am not staying with her).

Latest posts

Back