Jill Franks's Autobiography!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Sorry I originally posted this in the wrong thread.

Jill Franks is to release her autobiography later this year. "Jill Franks, Talking Frankly, It's All About Me - The Story of a Woman Destined to Dance" will be priced at £17.99 and will be available on Amazon!

Here is a sneak preview of the opening passages:

It was on a cold autumn day in 1964 when I first came into the world. They were not sure I'd make it as I was born six weeks prematurely, but I guess I always did have the power to linger around, like the garlicky aftertaste in your mouth after a night on the wine and pesto. We often enjoyed wine and pesto in my house when I was a little girl! Being born premature all so risky back then. We lived in a two room flat above a tripe shop in Fulham. Because we had nothing I always had to use my imagination. After all, it's better to be a fake somebody than a real nobody. Well that's how I see it anyway. If I wasn't playing in a cardboard box in the back yard of the tripe shop, near the outside toilet (the water in the toilet used to freeze over in winter) I would be scouring the rubbish tip near the orphanage to find a broken doll to "make better." One year my mummy took away my cardboard box to use as kindling. I was devastated, as that cardboard box was my "palace." It's hard to believe but we didn't have playstations back then. Just our minds. I remember running down the Kings Road, which was the centre of the world back then, and looking in all the shop windows, fantasizing about being a Biba fashion model, holding back the tears that my "palace" had been destroyed. I hated mummy! Fantasy has always been a big part of my life, to such an extent that I sometimes blur the lines between fantasy and reality. We were not rich in the material sense. Often the only good meal I would get would be a dish of offcuts from the tripe shop, with a grinding of black pepper and a sprinkling of powdered milk. Sometimes mummy would make chicken wings in a tuna fish sauce. Chocolates were something of a luxury. As a special treat we might get a box of Dairy Box, or Terry's All Gold, Black Magic, or Milk Tray. But it was Thorntons I would always crave. From the moment I slipped one into my mouth it was love at first taste. That has continued through to my time at QVC where was recently caught on camera putting a chocolate in my mouth. So indulgent I know!

That sounds just as boring as Julia Roberts' book! Thanks for the excerpt you posted but I for one won't be buying it! :wonder:

Are we going to get a autobiography from all the presenters ?:mysmilie_490:

[h=2]Jill Franks's Autobiography![/h]:mysmilie_854:I wouldn't be bothered to read her blog never mind buying her Autobiography! :mysmilie_845:

I was sure this was a joke, when I read the thread title. What has she done, which would warrant her penning an autobiography? Also, who would want to buy and read it? She peddles retail items on a tv shopping channel, for goodness sake. Whilst I appreciate one must possess certain attributes/talents to be proficient at this - don't think I could do it - it's not exactly ground breaking!

Ditto I too thought it was a joke but I can believe what she says about fantasising as she is still doing it to this day. What a load of old TRIPE.....

the birth of Kindle marked the death of a good quality decent publication. I am surprised that 50 shades is no1.
Surely the no1 seller of recent years should be "how to write an autobiography"

Latest posts

Back