Time to pack it in Simon ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Sorting out jewellery (and there's loads), I went through my boxes of B & W bought years ago, and what a difference to the rubbish he brings to air now. I have my cruise 'specials' - beautiful necklaces with star stations, brooches that give glamour to any coat/jacket, and not forgetting my CLIP ON earrings that would probably be considered vintage now.

Compare these to the stuff like pigs, corgis on cushions, dancing kittens, and its a no brainer for me. Ok the cutesy animal range might appeal to some, and we all have a choice, and I suppose the endless skull range may be a favourite with many, but personally I think he's dumbed down his collection, so perhaps its cost thats driving it. I haven't been to his shop in the Fulham Road, but I assume he still has several collections working alongside each other.

I wondered which one was being referred to? The Scottish cheesey 1980s’ ex-breakfast TV weatherman from cliché ville or the other, crusty, non-fools suffering semi-quirky (Dachshund on a bicycle) jewellery merchant Scot from Carnaby Street 1967? I think both could well be up for forcible retirement from QVC, along with at least ten to twenty or so others I can think of.

I wondered which one was being referred to? The Scottish cheesey 1980s’ ex-breakfast TV weatherman from cliché ville or the other, crusty, non-fools suffering semi-quirky (Dachshund on a bicycle) jewellery merchant Scot from Carnaby Street 1967? I think both could well be up for forcible retirement from QVC, along with at least ten to twenty or so others I can think of.
The two Simons.

He might have ideas for designs and employs somebody to execute the drawings to go to manufacture. What took the cake for me was a ring with a large pig sitting on it.
Christ on a bike! Whatever next? ......Christ on a bike probably!
1692955794020.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back