Joules TSV 3.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 248
  • Joules TSV 4.jpg
    Joules TSV 4.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 238
  • Joules TSV 5.jpg
    Joules TSV 5.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 246
I truly believe that many of the more recent brands joining QVC are doing it to shift goods they have too much stock of either as the season they are for ends, or after it has ended. It used to be Ideal World that got this kind of stock, but Q tends to want to stay closer to the original retail price. Often Q are proved right as their well-trained fans don't seem to check for better prices elsewhere.
I think it's likely these brands are heading for trouble. In my first year accountancy course (not an accountant) the phrase "cashflow is king" was drummed into our heads. Businesses with millions of pounds in assets go to the wall because of it... often they have assets that can't be quickly turned into cash. A fashoon business has clothes that have a sell by date due to the seasons, and savvy customers who expect deep discounts at the end of season sales... because holding them for next year is risky... fashions change, and the margin on the items goes DOWN as storage costs eats into the margin.
I hope brands like Phase Eight, Joules, White Stuff, etc are having a temporary dip... and that turning to Q doesn't put them into terminal decline by destroying the quality they are loved for.

Joules wellies are now rubbish and don't last. I used to have pairs for years but lately they last just out of the guarantee and for the price they cost I'm not spending any more money on them. When I queried the short lifespan I was told they are "fashion" wellies (so don't expect them to keep your feet dry in other words).

I won't be buying a coat as I've quite a few.

CC

Joules wellies are now rubbish and don't last. I used to have pairs for years but lately they last just out of the guarantee and for the price they cost I'm not spending any more money on them. When I queried the short lifespan I was told they are "fashion" wellies (so don't expect them to keep your feet dry in other words).

CC
Remember the SOGA Candy. Fit for purpose etc? I'd find something in there.

Or write a letter, if you CBA. Nearly always works.

Remember the SOGA Candy. Fit for purpose etc? I'd find something in there.

Or write a letter, if you CBA. Nearly always works.
Well yes, surely the whole point of wellies is to wear them in the rain etc. Mum used to shell out about £45 every Christmas to get me a new pair but they always split around the toes just out of the year guarantee. Fair do's I wear wellies nearly every day in winter (out in the sticks and all that doing walkies) but wellies should be made to be hardwearing - printed or not.

I have a Joules red anorak type coat which is OK for spring but it got mud stained very easily and it won't come out. I know I'm a moaning old minnie lol.

CC

CC
I’ve a pair of Joules wellies. My feet got absolutely soaked in them during the very heavy rain/floods a couple of years ago and the boots took 2 weeks to properly dry out.
I should probably point out that I’d tried to cycle through flood water that was higher than I’d thought. A lot higher………..so not the wellies at fault on that occasion……😞😂😏.

Well yes, surely the whole point of wellies is to wear them in the rain etc. Mum used to shell out about £45 every Christmas to get me a new pair but they always split around the toes just out of the year guarantee. Fair do's I wear wellies nearly every day in winter (out in the sticks and all that doing walkies) but wellies should be made to be hardwearing - printed or not.

I have a Joules red anorak type coat which is OK for spring but it got mud stained very easily and it won't come out. I know I'm a moaning old minnie lol.

CC
Well yes, surely the whole point of wellies is to wear them in the rain etc.<<

>>Indeed. I expect they are more than 45 now. write & complain. You'll at least get a decent gift voucher.

Joules Canterbury Long Padded Coat
Item Number: 195999
QVC Price £104.00
Todays Special Value Price £86.96
P&P £4.95

When the cold weather hits, you can always rely on this beautiful winter coat from Joules. Its the perfect layer to ward away the chill, boasting a stylish padded design with a zip fastening and detachable hood. Whether you're strolling in the park or out shopping in town, this coat will keep you stylish and warm in one, making it a must-have for your outerwear wardrobe to keep you snuggly in style!

Versatile and stylish – awonderful layering option for when there's a chill in the air, you can justslip this cosy coat on and go, as it layersperfectly over jeans and light jumpers for your winter strolls or even overyour favourite casual evening outfit. Boasting a clever detachable hood, it's both versatile and fashionable in one!

Take your pick – this coat comes in five wonderful shades tochoose from, so you're spoilt for choice! Keep it chic and subtle with theBlack or Marine Navy options, or select Mushroom for a classic low-key neutralthat will finish your outfit perfectly. Or the Gold and Red choices will giveyour look a pop of colour to brighten up the dull winter months. What's more,Black, Red and Gold are currently only available here at QVC!

• Concealed zip pockets
  • Stand collar
  • Detachable hood
  • Metal poppers
  • Zip fastening
  • 100% polyester
  • Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:
  • Black
  • Gold
  • Marine Navy
  • Mushroom
  • Red

Garment measurements:

• Chest: 8: 98cm (38.6"), 10: 102cm (40.2"), 12: 106cm (41.7"), 14: 112cm (44.1"), 16: 118cm (46.5"), 18: 126cm (49.6"), 20: 132cm (52")
  • Hip: 8: 104cm (40.9"), 10: 89cm (35"), 12: 93cm (36.6"), 14: 99cm (39"), 16: 105cm (41.3"), 18: 113cm (44.5"), 20: 119cm (46.9")
  • Length: 8: 86cm (33.9"), 10: 87cm (34.3"), 12: 88cm (34.6"), 14: 89.5cm (35.2"), 16: 91cm (35.8"), 18: 93cm (36.6"), 20: 94.5cm (37.2")
All measurements are approximate

Watching the 4 o’clock hour. It looks like it would come up quite small across the chest. Most presenters and models are not zipping it up, and the models who are look like stuffed sausages.

I'll admit to ordering one (for upcoming hols), BUT despite them saying "order your normal size" - er, normal size varies on armholes dear ! so I've ordered 2 sizes up, and yes I would like to do it up too ! I ordered the yellow - I need to be seen if I wander off from the group 😂 😂 so I can be spotted easily.

Latest posts

Back