JR and DB

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks LIAM, my 15 year old has been a true vegetarian (no fish) for about 18 months and intends to become vegan once she leave home (the wait is more for my benefit). I'm very proud of her convictions and cooking different meals is no real burden as I don't really enjoy eating meat. The meat eaters in the family just have the same as us with a side order of chicken.

Jude xx

Perhaps some of the vegetarians out there might answer this question........

If you were suffering from a life-threatening illness and the curative drug had been tested on animals, would you take it?

If I only had myself to think about, and I was aware it had been tested on animals, and was in a position to make a choice, I would not take the drug. I have a lifelong illness, for which there is no cure and am on medication for life. I am sure, although I have no positive proof, it was tested on animals prior to becoming available to treat my condition. As I was born with it, I had no say in the matter and, to suddenly decide when I was old enough to develop and execute my own opinions and beliefs, that I no longer wished to take it would not have been practical, but selfish. I do believe that drugs need to be tested before bing prescribed to patients, but there are other options than animals. I would certainly be a tester for drugs if it meant an end to lab rats and monkeys, etc., being subjected to such tortuous testing methods. Believe me, I have considered ceasing taking my medication but, as I mentioned, I have family to consider and had already been taking the drugs for years before I was able to make an informed decision.

I'm vegetarian but I still wear leather shoes and own leather handbags. I wouldn't wear a fur coat or scarf because I wouldn't want that on me, but I don't accept I'm a 'bad vegetarian' or a 'bad person' for wearing leather shoes. Neither is Julia. By definition, being a vegetarian is only about what you choose to eat.

Latest posts

Back