JR going to Hollywood promo

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I thought she is just the presenter? Does she do the fashion buying too?

Of course not. But as you will know, if you watch Julia fairly regularly, she will be giving her opinion on how to wear the garments, what sort of occasions they'd be suitable or, what sort of jewellery might go with it etc, as all the presenters do. They don't just stand there and spout measurements.

This thread reminded me of a spoof letter we sent to a colleague many years ago who had appeared in a TV documentary, I couldn't resist "updating" it. It's just a bit of fun, and no worries ICP and Cavegirl, it's nowhere near your standards!!

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES, USA

Ms Julia Roberts
QVC Royalty
United Kingdom

Dear Ms Roberts

In our never-ending search world-wide for new and exciting talent, it has come to our attention that you are about to arrive on our shores and could prove to be what Hollywood has been looking for, for a number of decades

Richard Gearstick has phoned us in, what can only be described as a frenzy of excitement, to say how impressed he was at your acting skills when viewing QVC on British television recently. He enthused endlessly about your slimline image and charisma, and feels sure you are without doubt the new superstar of the future.

Your arrival could prove a godsend for us as we are currently auditioning in Los Angeles for PRETTY WOMAN II and unfortunately "Julia Roberts" is unwilling to appear in this sequel as Ronni Nickcoal & Berkingstock are not available to provide costumes and shoes.

Do you think you could step into her toe-posts? Needless to say there will be a million-dollar deal, and all expenses will be covered. In anticpation, we have already approached QVC UK who agreed it was their, and many customers interest, to release you for a long contract in Hollywood. We asked them to elaborate but they declined.

Richard Gearstick, has been licking his lips since seeing the QVC Hollywood promo and can't wait to meet you. Would you be able to start shooting on 28th…. er… umm… sorry the producer is trying to attract my attention….. Oh dear this is embarrassing, apparently "Julia Roberts" is now hysterical and thinks, as you are so sylph-like, it may well spell the end of her career, and as Kimco and Swatchflops have agreed to replace Nickcoal and Berks she has agreed to do the sequel. Laura Geller has also agreed to do make-up which, for your colleague Alison Young, has been a bit of a slap in the face.

To compensate for this disappointment we are pleased to advise you that you have been nominated in the "Best Supporting Leggings" category at next weeks Oscars ceremony

Yours Sincerely
Quentin Tignanello

I thought the promo was done very tongue in cheek with the leggings and toe posts, sort of "au natural" :wink::wink::wink: :cool:

Cant let this CAR-CRASH go without comment...

whoever commissioned this TRAIN-WRECK of a promo?

who in gods name signed it off on behalf of Julia?

was it a JOKE???????

SHE'S WEARING THE TOE POSTS AS SHE GETS OFF THE GODDAMMED PLANE!!!!

and that pout/pose/pout at the end. oh julia!!!!!!

(sorry for dodgy tv snaps)

whoops... didnt see the other thread. might have known you lot would have started without me :happy:

Methinks someone is having a laugh at JR's expense, so far every shot I have seen her in... she looks like the poor relation and as rough as a badger's bum. I expect she will dazzle tonight ....and i'm going to miss it.:mysmilie_845:

On the subject of LA & Oscars, seems the "stars" instead of getting goody bags are this year invited to "Gifting Suites".

Just read this in the paper...

"QVC PAMPERING SUITE, Four Seasons Hotel"

"Chic & discreet, this suite was supported by reality TV star Kim Kardashian, whose clothing line was on offer. QVC offered facials, make up applications & blow-dries.Also on offer were designer clutch bags, Dell tablet computers and gold-plated iPods."

No wonder we have to pay such high P&P....to fund freebies for rich celebrities! :mad:

On the subject of LA & Oscars, seems the "stars" instead of getting goody bags are this year invited to "Gifting Suites".

"Chic & discreet, this suite was supported by reality TV star Kim Kardashian, whose clothing line was on offer. QVC offered facials, make up applications & blow-dries.Also on offer were designer clutch bags, Dell tablet computers and gold-plated iPods."

No wonder we have to pay such high P&P....to fund freebies for rich celebrities! :mad:[/QUOTE

oh lord, is that a Tignallelo or Stone Mountain clutch ? and what about the Quacker latest in beachwear ? facials by Slap Ally, and Ken Paves dodgy fringes, oooh cant wait !!

They cant seriously have any takers surely.

whoever commissioned this TRAIN-WRECK of a promo?

who in gods name signed it off on behalf of Julia?

was it a JOKE???????

SHE'S WEARING THE TOE POSTS AS SHE GETS OFF THE GODDAMMED PLANE!!!!

and that pout/pose/pout at the end. oh julia!!!!!!

(sorry for dodgy tv snaps)

Methinks someone is having a laugh at JR's expense, so far every shot I have seen her in... she looks like the poor relation and as rough as a badger's bum.
I wonder if she realises just how ridiculous she looks?? Though I suspect she's so besotted with herself she really can't acknowledge what others see?? :taphead:

when I first saw this trailer thingy I honestly thought that in the first shot where she is posing a ls Max Wall she had an upright hoover rather than a travel case on wheels!!!!

No wonder we have to pay such high P&P....to fund freebies for rich celebrities! :mad:[/QUOTE

oh lord, is that a Tignallelo or Stone Mountain clutch ? and what about the Quacker latest in beachwear ? facials by Slap Ally, and Ken Paves dodgy fringes, oooh cant wait !!

They cant seriously have any takers surely.

Oh but they will - some folk, no matter how rich/famous etc will have anything going as long as it's free. They probably then sell it on auction sites as previously owned by the Hollywood star (supply name as appropriate) or give it to their servants at Xmas....

PS silversequin - I thought the promo was originally a new one for a household helpers hour but did think it was a little odd for JR to be doing it...Didn't want to admit my ignorance but now I'm not alone !!!!

Last edited:
Oh blimey, JR in Hollywood promo on all the bloomin time and now her darling son is on with some fitness thingy!!! :rolleyes:

Oh blimey, JR in Hollywood promo on all the bloomin time and now her darling son is on with some fitness thingy!!! :rolleyes:
Does she have a 'special friend' at QVC Towers do you think....?? :devil:

I wonder if she wears Ronni Nicole to the QVC party :giggle: She did say it was midnight blue, hope its not the velvet TSV.

Enough already with this promo. Man it is getting on my nip ends!

*postures, pouts, slams door on way out*

I bet QVC are wishing they still had Moira C on the books. She'd have been a perfect travelling companion for JR on this gig.

After all, Moira always says that her stuff is just right for the Oscars!

Latest posts

Back