Judith Williams TSV 18th August

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brilliant, I was just being taken in by their their waffle and then came on here, saw all your comments and have turned qvc off. I rarely trust newish creams to the market, they all claim to be a 'miracle', and Alison Young, I believe, favours Decleor and Elemis so she is just trying to increase sales and thus save her job.

This is kind of like the M Asam of QVC isn't it? Even the cheapo packaging looks the same, is on HSE, and is available in Germany as is M Asam.
Like the M Asam lady she keeps waffling on about cold-pressed oils and how affordable (and miraculous) it is, and at first I was tempted but decided against it.
Even £30-odd quid is too much to just waste these days.

Ali peg-on-her-nose Young "Seeeeeeeeee-rum"
Aargh!:headbang:

Funny that, I was thinking exactly the same - JW is just like M Asam. Do you think that they could be similar? :cheeky:

if you were wandering around your local market and you saw skincare in cheap looking purple packaging branded as "judith williams" you would walk by without a second glance.

just try googling "judith williams". there is nothing. zilch. except this forum.

this is market-stall low-end shite and having am american guest spouting on with Gobshite about celebrities (without actually naming any, i notice) does not make this a quality brand.

putting jojoba on your face will not make you young. buy some nivea, or any other generic moisturiser, and come to your senses girls.

I would like to nominate this post as F.A.R.T of the Month. Very well put Burls.

http://www.judith-williams.eu/incis/Phytomineral_LQ.pdf

Blimey yeah check out just the first few ingredients of the serum:

Water, Glycerin, (not bad for skin as such but not exactly state of the art - we're talking handcream so far!)

PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil
(Cosmetic Ingredient Review (CIR) committee has deemed that they are ‘safe for use, but added that PEG compounds ‘should not be used on damaged skin’) Taken from The Green Beauty Bible So if you've got a spot, a cat scratch, a patch of eczema have used a face scrub too vigorously, or a resurfacing product too much you should avoid PEGs.

BIS-PEG-18 METHYL ETHER DIMETHYL SILANE I don't even know what that is and the Cosmetics database doesn't know much about it either. It scores an amber 6/10 for toxicity.

Dimethicone Silicone

Cyclopentasiloxane Silicone. Used in deodorants, sunblocks, haircare and skincare, and increasingly in conditioners as it makes hair easier to brush without breakage. (This emollient is also used as part of silicone-based personal lubricants!)

So far the first half dozen ingredients aren't looking too appetising to me! :eek:

BTW I am familar with them because I am working through the Sarah Chapman Ingredients Lists looking everything up.

Makes Ali Young's so-called trustworthiness as someone with 20,000 years in the beauty business even more laughable. This range seems a bit Gale Hayman-y to me, you know, that other 'prestigious' range that looks like it belongs in a car boot sale.

That is just what I thought. Very Gayle Hayman except puuurrrple. Can't stand Judith Williams who looks like Sindy and can't stand Gayle Hayman rep who looks like she has been on the lagers day and night.

That is just what I thought. Very Gayle Hayman except puuurrrple. Can't stand Judith Williams who looks like Sindy and can't stand Gayle Hayman rep who looks like she has been on the lagers day and night.

lol but to be fair, Snuffs, you would have to be on the lagers day and night in order to be able to stand there spouting rubbish about the brand being popular with A-list Hollywood stars, and so on-trend that it's literally prestigious.

Gayle Hayman rep: Yes, and it's loved by celebrities who keep the products on their bathroom shelves...Sorry? It looks like what? Stuff off a car boot sale???? Errrrr, (drinks can of lager hurriedly) well, you see, there's a reason for that, it's all to do with the retro trend in Hollywood. These containers, which you might think look cheap and tacky, actually cost nearly 5 cents to produce, yes, 5 cents per thousand...and all the A-list stars, who??? Well, I think Rin Tin Tin uses the lip-lift, they think it's really funny, see? (reaches for another can of lager).

(Cosmetic Ingredient Review (CIR) committee has deemed that they are ‘safe for use, but added that PEG compounds ‘should not be used on damaged skin’) Taken from The Green Beauty Bible So if you've got a spot, a cat scratch, a patch of eczema have used a face scrub too vigorously, or a resurfacing product too much you should avoid PEGs.

EEK! That is in LE Instant Boost Skin Tonic - quite high up the list. Might have to rethink using this in future - esp during a rosacea flare up.

http://www.judith-williams.eu/incis/Phytomineral_LQ.pdf

Blimey yeah check out just the first few ingredients of the serum:

Water, Glycerin, (not bad for skin as such but not exactly state of the art - we're talking handcream so far!)

BIS-PEG-18 METHYL ETHER DIMETHYL SILANE I don't even know what that is and the Cosmetics database doesn't know much about it either. It scores an amber 6/10 for toxicity.

Dimethicone Silicone

Cyclopentasiloxane Silicone. Used in deodorants, sunblocks, haircare and skincare, and increasingly in conditioners as it makes hair easier to brush without breakage. (This emollient is also used as part of silicone-based personal lubricants!)

So far the first half dozen ingredients aren't looking too appetising to me! :eek:

BTW I am familar with them because I am working through the Sarah Chapman Ingredients Lists looking everything up.

Thanks for your post Love A'Kin it's really informative. Can I please have a link to the website you're quoting from? Cheers. x

EEK! That is in LE Instant Boost Skin Tonic - quite high up the list. Might have to rethink using this in future - esp during a rosacea flare up.

Yeah it is. Definitely one to avoid when you're having any kind of skin problems. :(

Thanks for your post Love A'Kin it's really informative. Can I please have a link to the website you're quoting from? Cheers. x

Hiya sweetie,

My first ports of call are always The Green Beauty Bible a-z for the more conservative view

http://www.beautybible.com/green_pages/ingredients-index.htm

and then The Cosmetics Safety Database for every concern that anybody has ever had about this chemical.

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/

The Lush-o-pedia is useful too:

https://www.lush.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&id=7&layout=blog&Itemid=83

:flower:

Does anyone know if this TSV sold out? The more I saw of it (on the hours I'd taped and whizzed through!) the more I thought what rubbish it is. Getting 150ml of cream rather than 50ml does not make it a superior product and all this guff about which celebrities use it drove me nuts. Why do i care anyway if a celeb likes it? Deosn't mean it'll be right for me. grrr....

:tongue2:

Tx

Does anyone know if this TSV sold out? The more I saw of it (on the hours I'd taped and whizzed through!) the more I thought what rubbish it is. Getting 150ml of cream rather than 50ml does not make it a superior product and all this guff about which celebrities use it drove me nuts. Why do i care anyway if a celeb likes it? Deosn't mean it'll be right for me. grrr....

:tongue2:

Tx

Forgot to highlight quote: celebreties use it

I simply just do not buy that line. If you have all that money are you really going to use a £24 moisturizer? Will you not have to impress the likes of Hello who come and take photos of your beautiful house, and all others who will have a look around your home? I thought its all about image? I thought they run to cosmetic surgeons at the drop of a hat to stay in business (ok, I admit, somewhat over dramatized here, but I hope you get my point)
They get freebies, sure thing, and maybe that is what they are trying totell us:
"I send them a jar as a freebie (or even the whole set/line)"
bit like Marcel Drucker with his " my watches are given to Head of States and Royalty"
so sure, they might have had it, but using it??????????????

NO way!!!!!

Last edited:
Ok, to convince myself that buying this TSV is a no, no, I decided to jump to the Try me kit and use the rest of the products to give my skin that 'just stepped out the spa' look :) No immediate 'rosebud' glow as JW puts it. I cannot imagine any spa using this, it is not a professional range and she never mentioned which spas around Europe her skincare line is in. AY kept saying it was famous - never heard of it or JW before.
Don't know if anyone noticed but JW said the Enzyme mask was thick and luxurious whereas AY said it was very fluid and gave too much to the model (it was running down her fingers!) and the most obvious - we didn't see the model remove the mask....I wonder why?

Hiya sweetie,

My first ports of call are always The Green Beauty Bible a-z for the more conservative view

http://www.beautybible.com/green_pages/ingredients-index.htm

and then The Cosmetics Safety Database for every concern that anybody has ever had about this chemical.

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/

The Lush-o-pedia is useful too:

https://www.lush.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&id=7&layout=blog&Itemid=83

:flower:

Cheers hon. Have bookmarked these for future ref. I don't really have any skin concerns as such although I've noticed that if I use anything with rose in it it prickles. x

Cheers hon. Have bookmarked these for future ref. I don't really have any skin concerns as such although I've noticed that if I use anything with rose in it it prickles. x

I do have some sensitivities, and some other things I like to avoid for health reasons, but mostly I just like to know what I'm putting on my family's and my own skin.

PLUS it reeeaaaaaally bugs me when they hype up the rare and expensive natural ingredients to the skies - but the product is actually mostly mineral oil, fragrance, and silicones.

All irritants, all usually pretty cheap, and not really what I consider "natural". If you put a teeny tiny bit of essential oil in baby oil it's still baby oil right? It's just scented baby oil! :rolleyes::D

I think back in the good old days before t'interwebs QVC could get away with vague references to brands being famous in the magical mystical land of 'Europe'. Now thanks to Google we can all get immediate info on exclusive 'celebrity' brands like JW and see what it's really all about which can only be a good thing. If it was that fabulous and celebrity endorsed and in spas etc wouldn't there be at least the tiniest mention of it? QVC will have to do better, not enough anymore to spout vague crap and expect us to buy it (figuratively and yes, LITRALLY!!) :cheeky::tongue2:

Tx

I do

PLUS it reeeaaaaaally bugs me when they hype up the rare and expensive natural ingredients to the skies - but the product is actually mostly mineral oil, fragrance, and silicones.

That's a REAL bug bear of mine too. Often the natural ingredients are waaaay down the list. :devil::devil:

Latest posts

Back