Judith Williams... what makes her so 'old' looking?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
When I heard she has only turned 40 I was floored... she looks at least 46. Considering she is selling skin products, she does look older for her age. Granted, she is a natural, (zero fillers/drillers/resurfacing/retarmac-ing LOL) so applause for that. I think maybe there are 3 ageing factors here:
  • Her hair colour too dark for her complexion
  • her make up too matt and heavy
  • Her clothing too stiff & conservative - power dressing 80s (Prai woman is guilty of this also)

yes i agree. i immediately thought of the prai lady too. i think they both have an old fashioned look (particularly mrs prai) which makes them appear older than they are.

I think Judith's skin looks fab though, especially her neck - looks years younger than 40.
(OFJ going off to slap on 6 layers of neck cream... )

yes. exactly what i was thinking - flawless skin but still an old look. :wonder:

just seen an extreme close-up of her forehead showiing a very natural looking hairline. (there was a thread on here once with several people thinking she wears a wig but i didn't agree).

her skin and hair look fantastic. i just think americans go for a more coperate look. suits etc

I'm sure she has had fillers in her cheeks, lips and forehead. When you look at her, there is something not right with her features, which is common amongst women who have had fillers. The area around her upper lip is enlarged which gives it away.

I agree I also thought the same, am so jealous of her neck though its so smooth!!!

I'm sure she has had fillers in her cheeks, lips and forehead. When you look at her, there is something not right with her features, which is common amongst women who have had fillers. The area around her upper lip is enlarged which gives it away.

Every time QVC have a guest presenter on selling skincare this forum is flooded with comments about how old they look and what a bad advert they are for their range (recently perricone, decleor, liz earle, prai). In fact I can't think of a presenter who hasn't been branded knackered looking or accused of having work done. Personally I was admiring how good Judith's skin was and how smooth her neck is (although I do agree her clothes and style give her the feel of an older lady). If not people on this forum, I wonder who is buying all these hundreds of thousands of skincare products QVC manage to shift.

Every time QVC have a guest presenter on selling skincare this forum is flooded with comments about how old they look and what a bad advert they are for their range (recently perricone, decleor, liz earle, prai).
In fact I can't think of a presenter who hasn't been branded knackered looking or accused of having work done.

That's human nature.
Hear the information - look at who's telling you this.
If Andrew (Gatineau) or Julia Roberts looks at the camera - which in my mind means they are looking at ME - and with an expression that conveys 'hand on heart minim' they tell me that this little tube of very expensive eye cream will help my eye bags .....
Do my eyes deceive me? Have they not got eyes LIKE MINE!
Rassafrakarickin - my eyes do not deceive me! They HAVE got eyes like mine.

As for work done - there's Lulu of course.
The lady representing the brand Perricone has clearly had work done. I only need to compare her face with her neck.
Nothing wrong with having work done at all, just don't tell me that you look like that because of the cream you are promoting.

Personally I was admiring how good Judith's skin was and how smooth her neck is (although I do agree her clothes and style give her the feel of an older lady). If not people on this forum, I wonder who is buying all these hundreds of thousands of skincare products QVC manage to shift.

You got me there!
Madness!

Referring back to previous thread about 'is her hair a wig'?

Its not a 'wig' its a unit - this is slightly different It is a cap of swiss lace material with individual hair strands sewn into every lace hole, replicating the growth pattern of natural hair. The cap is then bonded over the natural hair using adhesive

VERY GOOD ones (such as the one I'm guessing is worn by Miss Williams) can take even the closest inspection, but the forehead close up confirmed it was a full high density lace unit. Very very nice unit however. She must be buying from the same supplier as Tyra Banks
I would say hers is a 24" chinese Remy, natural wave in colour 2, density 140% Normally full lace is worn by alopecia sufferers (illness/stress/hereditary) Usually people with no hair loss wear front lace units only
Here is a pic demo of a Full lace unit
What-s-The-Difference-Between-Lace-Front-Wigs-And-Full-Lace-Wigs-.jpg

Last edited:
Every time QVC have a guest presenter on selling skincare this forum is flooded with comments about how old they look and what a bad advert they are for their range (recently perricone, decleor, liz earle, prai). In fact I can't think of a presenter who hasn't been branded knackered looking or accused of having work done. Personally I was admiring how good Judith's skin was and how smooth her neck is (although I do agree her clothes and style give her the feel of an older lady). If not people on this forum, I wonder who is buying all these hundreds of thousands of skincare products QVC manage to shift.

i don't think that's the case this time WR. i can't speak for JRE but the thread does say "old" looking, implying that there is something curious about it. which there is, for me anyway. she has an 'old' look in the same way as people do when watching an old film. as we said, like the prai lady, she has a generalised old fashioned look rather than looking 'old' per se.

Just a general comment on all the skincare preps.They seem to be suggesting anti ageing/anti wrinkle/plumping/ firming products for younger & younger age groups.
I expect to hear next this ( whatever wonder product) is suitable for anyone over the age of six!
I believe in caring for skin from an early age in terms of moisturising & sun protection but youngsters these days will be looking for wrinkles when they are in Primary School.
I'm an 'oldie' knocking on 65 so maybe I am past it now!!!!

Just a general comment on all the skincare preps.They seem to be suggesting anti ageing/anti wrinkle/plumping/ firming products for younger & younger age groups.
I expect to hear next this ( whatever wonder product) is suitable for anyone over the age of six!
I believe in caring for skin from an early age in terms of moisturising & sun protection but youngsters these days will be looking for wrinkles when they are in Primary School.
I'm an 'oldie' knocking on 65 so maybe I am past it now!!!!

ok, it hurts but in this case i have to defend AY. i know you haven't mentioned AY silverfox but just wanted to point out that at least she will say 'if you're 25 you don't need this'.

I think JW has great skin and her neck is fab. I don't think she's had work done as her face isn't over plumper and is still very mobile. Especially her forehead. If she's had Botox she wants to get her money back because it's not working. There is something about her hair though. In particular the parting line is very dense. No idea if she's had anything done but if she has it's been done well.

I do think she wears far too much matte makeup and dresses in quite a conservative way. She's a good advert for her skincare though. And she has beautiful hands.

The other guest who I think is a good advert is Liz Earle. Her complexion is to die for. She might look tired sometimes but she looks fab.

judith made a point of saying last night that she hadn't had botox. i think but not sure she said she hasn't had anything done because her creams work. she then went on to wrinkle up her forehead to prove it.

I don't think JW's face looks old at all. I understand why the thread was opened though and I agree that her clothes don't help her. I also think that she acts 'old' through her very slow and super clear speech and her gently tolerant Mother Knows Best smile. It's just an overall impression of an older person.

I don't think she looks old, her skin certainly doesn't.
But she does have that certain "mature" look that some people have. You know, the sort of people who seem to look middle aged even in their teens just from the shape of their face & their style. The same way some people look young no matter how many wrinkles they might have when they smile because they have certain child like features & a young attitude.

I don't think she's had Botox. she said she hadn't & raised her eyebrows very high to show the wrinkles, quite pronounced, on her forehead. But they disappeared into virtually nothing when she relaxed her face, surely a sign of good skin, so she's a good advert for her products.
She & AY were also chatting about people who have facelifts & look stretched but their skin looks thin & drawn. The difference, I think, between "work" & looking after your skin from a young age.

Latest posts

Back