Judith Williams... what makes her so 'old' looking?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

genetics and a thicker skin depending on where your family heritage are from. judith looks like she is from the med or middle east.

very pretty imo you can google her and look on images. she actually dresses better in real life. i suppose she wants to look serious when selling her range...

Referring to the wig/unit theory and that she could be from the middle east - perhaps, like a lot of the vendors at qvc (particularly all the fashion guests) this lady is jewish, and though not wishing to generalise, from what I've seen, ladies in their middle years in the jewish community do tend to dress older.

don't israeli jewish ladies also wear wigs as they do not believe married women should show their hair? I don't think it looks like a wig, but maybe a weave, like beyonce wears to thicken her hair?

In answer to a previous question, I buy her stuff now. It works really well and has worked out cheaper than the Loreal stuff I was using before. She does dress quite conservatively, but her skin is lovely.

I don't think she looks old, her skin certainly doesn't.
But she does have that certain "mature" look that some people have. You know, the sort of people who seem to look middle aged even in their teens just from the shape of their face & their style. The same way some people look young no matter how many wrinkles they might have when they smile because they have certain child like features & a young attitude.

I don't think she's had Botox. she said she hadn't & raised her eyebrows very high to show the wrinkles, quite pronounced, on her forehead. But they disappeared into virtually nothing when she relaxed her face, surely a sign of good skin, so she's a good advert for her products.
She & AY were also chatting about people who have facelifts & look stretched but their skin looks thin & drawn. The difference, I think, between "work" & looking after your skin from a young age.

I agree, I don't think she has had any work done or Botox, she just has good skin. Look at her hands & neck.

Last edited:
"the sort of people who seem to look middle aged even in their teens just from the shape of their face & their style."

that was what i was struggling to say breeze ;)

On the subject of Jewish women wearing wigs, it tends to be ultra Orthodox Jewish women (particularly Hassidic Jews) who wear wigs once they are married. Ultra Orthodox women will actually shave their heads completely and then wear a wig. They also tend to be well covered - arms, legs (always wearing tights) and generally up to the neck. Orthodox women will often cover their heads with a scarf tied around the back of the head but retain their own natural hair. In some parts of London and Manchester where there are ultra Orthodox communities (the men wear long black suits and hats and have payers - the ringlets on the side of their faces) you will see women wearing wigs. Its not an Israeli thing per se, although there are Hassidic Jews in Israel. Its more to do with ultra Orthodox Judaism. Hope this helps to clarify. Certainly if JW is Jewish, she is not ultra Orthodox in practice purely based on her attire etc. Also, Hassidic women tend not to have glamorous careers selling skincare - their values are very conservative and traditional and they tend to be homemakers with lots of children (bit like observant Catholics - no contraception!).

It did cross my mind if the hair was a Kosher wig.

Yes I agree with her skin condition - Judith's IS beautiful. Smooth as satin

Q must love these threads. I don't have a clue who she is or what she looks like, but loads of people (including me) are now going to tune in tonight to have a nose. Some will stay long enough and maybe make a purchase - that won't include me.:grin:

It did cross my mind if the hair was a Kosher wig.

Yes I agree with her skin condition - Judith's IS beautiful. Smooth as satin

Is there such such a thing? I thought this morning you said it was a swiss weave thingy?

They never do the close ups on AY like they have done on Judith today of her face & neck !

She is a very attractive lady. Reminds me of Ann Miller, and an old school friend.

ann miller! exactly! thanks LIAM i was trying to work out who it was.

gobby had to virtually apologise for the crap packaging when they were showing a pink pot of something or other which looked like it had come straight off a market stall. "we dont use heavily tooled packaging with this range...."

no love, we can see that. it looks like someone knocked it up in their kitchen.

Don't understand what she's got against being "heavily tooled".

As it were... :thinking:

Referring back to previous thread about 'is her hair a wig'?

Its not a 'wig' its a unit - this is slightly different It is a cap of swiss lace material with individual hair strands sewn into every lace hole, replicating the growth pattern of natural hair. The cap is then bonded over the natural hair using adhesive

VERY GOOD ones (such as the one I'm guessing is worn by Miss Williams) can take even the closest inspection, but the forehead close up confirmed it was a full high density lace unit. Very very nice unit however. She must be buying from the same supplier as Tyra Banks
I would say hers is a 24" chinese Remy, natural wave in colour 2, density 140% Normally full lace is worn by alopecia sufferers (illness/stress/hereditary) Usually people with no hair loss wear front lace units only
Here is a pic demo of a Full lace unit
View attachment 7487

Wow, you learn something new everyday, I didn't know things like this existed. I would have got one for my lovely mum years ago if I'd known as her hair is very thin at the front.

Anyway, with regards to Judith, I think she comes across as a very nice and sincere woman who is obviously raking it in now having created this miracle range of creams and good on her.

If she changed her hair colour to a slightly more lighter and natural shade I think it would take years off her, maybe put a few layers in too.

I think someone like Alex on 'The One Show' has a great hairstyle and often think this would suit Catherine, and also Judith as they have slightly long faces, but who are we to say.

Latest posts

Back