Julia on form

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Someone on QVC Facebook Asking What Did JR Say? With poo background. Someone asked What?

Then the new 4pm show on Friday about the menopause came up. So I take it she did the show? A woman complaining hot flushes etc had no business on QVC. A man had asked what JR had said? So the woman wanted to know what a man thought of this appearing on QVC. So far he has not answered.

I mean seriously, what is a man's opinion? I doubt any will be watching/

She has been the subject of so many posts on here - many uncomplimentary. I probably giggled along with the 'size small' ones. Perhaps we appreciate her presenting even more, now that we know what some of the alternatives are.....(shudders)
I've always liked her (presenting) style, but not the conceit - & fam (& other) brags....

Wonder how welll that 'book' actually did?
Not too well me thinks...never mentioned is it🤭

Someone on QVC Facebook Asking What Did JR Say? With poo background. Someone asked What?

Then the new 4pm show on Friday about the menopause came up. So I take it she did the show? A woman complaining hot flushes etc had no business on QVC. A man had asked what JR had said? So the woman wanted to know what a man thought of this appearing on QVC. So far he has not answered.

I mean seriously, what is a man's opinion? I doubt any will be watching/
You never know. Not that my partner would 🙄,but there are some caring men out there that want to help their wives,girlfriends etc going through it.

Everyone knows Amazon 'reviews' are not kosher
This 'everyone' doesn't and this everyone has 30 years experience in working for a major publisher and of working with hundreds of authors. I don't doubt that the odd fake and/or solicited review slips in - but not 782 of them.
Publishers don't waste their time on authors who don't sell, the initial investment is too great. You may not like that she obviously has a decent readership and looking at the content, I suspect that there are a great many undiscerning QVC fangirls amongst them - but her publisher is sticking with her - so she's selling.

This 'everyone' doesn't and this everyone has 30 years experience in working for a major publisher and of working with hundreds of authors. I don't doubt that the odd fake and/or solicited review slips in - but not 782 of them.
Publishers don't waste their time on authors who don't sell, the initial investment is too great. You may not like that she obviously has a decent readership and looking at the content, I suspect that there are a great many undiscerning QVC fangirls amongst them - but her publisher is sticking with her
Julia's writing career is of no consequence to me.

I have to agree with Twinkle. Who cares if her book does well or not? It only benefits (or doesn't benefit) Ms Roberts. Does anyone care if I sold 6 tops on Ebay yesterday or win the lottery tonight? It's not them so I suspect no one's bothered. Just sayin'

Makes me wonder why so much time was spent filling up the thread with mean and ill-informed posts about it then.

Publishers don't waste their time on authors who don't sell, the initial investment is too great. You may not like that she obviously has a decent readership and looking at the content, I suspect that there are a great many undiscerning QVC fangirls amongst them - but her publisher is sticking with her - so she's selling.
Genre: Chick Lit. Millions of women like this type of novel. Not readable, imo. Mostly, they are written according to a formula. Good luck to her, from me. She may encourage her qvc fans to read more, and then discover better literature.

I have to agree with Twinkle. Who cares if her book does well or not? It only benefits (or doesn't benefit) Ms Roberts. Does anyone care if I sold 6 tops on Ebay yesterday or win the lottery tonight? It's not them so I suspect no one's bothered. Just sayin'

CC
Selling clothes on Ebay and winning the lottery can't be compared with the slog it takes to write a novel and get it published. Even if her talent is meager and her books trashy, it still takes brain power.

Selling the wedding to a magazine was probably the most conceited thing ever. FCS they had lived together for nearly 40 years. Whilst it wasn’t the biggest meringue dress in the world a full white dress etc was OTT for a 60+
Is she known for her good taste? I think not, so her decision on her wedding dress reflected that. Off-white would have been more tasteful, I think, given the circumstances.

Selling clothes on Ebay and winning the lottery can't be compared with the slog it takes to write a novel and get it published. Even if her talent is meager and her books trashy, it still takes brain power.
I don't think that Candy really thinks that. I read using humour to demostrate a point.

Latest posts

Back