Julia Roberts. The only HONEST presenter on Q

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I did not see the show, but it would be nice if Julia did start acting her age, she is QVC's best presenter, but when she is on a show when the guest is in trousers she starts giggling,flicking her hair and flirting like a teenager I just feel embarassed for her and I leave her to it, I just switch over or off.

Debbie Flint's worst ever in my opinion was when she was flogging\presenting something or other to keep people warm. I can't recall if it was a slanket, a throw or bedding.Anyway she actually used the fact that old people die as a result of being afraid to put their heating on as a sales pitch. Utterly tastless and inappropriate

I would expect Julia to say 'no one else sees the size tag' that's why she say's she is always wearing a 'small' !

That very expensive dress with the v types stripes looked good on Julia, but the other Yom KIm clothes IMHO just shout Pipa!

I'm not a big fan of DF but she doesn't seem bothered about her size which is nice to see.

I did not see the show, but it would be nice if Julia did start acting her age, she is QVC's best presenter, but when she is on a show when the guest is in trousers she starts giggling,flicking her hair and flirting like a teenager I just feel embarassed for her and I leave her to it, I just switch over or off.

I'm not even a fan of Julia Roberts but I would rather she was herself rather than acted how someone thinks she should.

My first post in this forum was in support of Julia. For weeks I had read through the posts here (unregistered)and I could not longer see Julia being run down, so I registered to voice my opinion :nod:
Julia is the only one who does a "honest" sale. She has not so far, in my opinion tried to manipulate us into buying something that may not be suitable. She often says if a bracelet may be too tight on a larger wrist, a ring may be too broad so that closing the finger might not be comfortable, a dress may be too short to be worn as a dress, ok to be worn over leggings etc. She was the first one, as far as I know who advised viewers that boot may not suit people with a larger calf(I know others do that now)
She would also warn us by saying "plenty of room" if the calf measurements are too big.
She is such a contrast to JF who "love-love-love" everything and " I have that" and sometimes she makes it that she cannot believe an item is only costing that and Cathrine Huntley who wants to buy everything, trying to make out that that item is so wonderful.
Debbie Flint makes me panic, by the way she sells things, she is so pushy and next time just listen to her, you feel as though if you don't buy that item, your life is doomed:wonder:
I so much mistrust these presenters who pretend that "the price shown could be wrong, we will check" such as Dale and Charlie, and also those who says "please don't buy size...., leave one, I want it" Do they think we, QVC viewers are imbeciles?
Julia never lowers herself into any of these tricks.
Oh, yes, she goes on about her size, but anyone who has lost some weight may boast about it till people get sick of it, we find that among friends also:nod: They will soon realise that others are getting sick of it and stop.
Julia is the only presenter I would trust to give me a honest description of an item (as much as allowed by QVC.)

I'm not even a fan of Julia Roberts but I would rather she was herself rather than acted how someone thinks she should.

You obv. haven't seen enough of her shows with male guests alan.

As for being honest, I wonder if there is a code system for orders ordered during each presenters hour to determine the returns ratio? Just a thought.

i was disappointed to see julia roll her eyes at antthony this morning and say "IF i was keeping these trousers. HINT HINT!" don't they get enough freebies as it is?

i was disappointed to see julia roll her eyes at antthony this morning and say "IF i was keeping these trousers. HINT HINT!" don't they get enough freebies as it is?

What would it have to do with him if JR got those pants for free? It's QVC's stock: they've bought them from him!

And I seriously doubt she's make such a big deal about it on air - she'd be schmoozing TPTB at QVC to get freebies, not the guests.

So, I'd put that down to joking or flirting rather than a serious attempt to get freebies out of Antthony.

What would it have to do with him if JR got those pants for free? It's QVC's stock: they've bought them from him!

And I seriously doubt she's make such a big deal about it on air - she'd be schmoozing TPTB at QVC to get freebies, not the guests.

So, I'd put that down to joking or flirting rather than a serious attempt to get freebies out of Antthony.

I agree . I think for some peeps what ever she says or does is cause for complaint.

You obv. haven't seen enough of her shows with male guests alan.

As for being honest, I wonder if there is a code system for orders ordered during each presenters hour to determine the returns ratio? Just a thought.

I am really enjoying Julia's new catch phrase TBHWY....to be honest with you. LOL

I do agree with you but what I think is that it matters because it displays poor judgement. That's one of the last things Julia, or any other presenter, should be saying while they are presenting something that others will be buying. I just find it uncomfortable viewing. Other presenters do it but Julia seems to do it more than others. I think that it is that same poor judgement that is displyed when she lets viewers know that her children are working for QVC. It leads to discussions of nepotism which could all be avoided by her keeping quiet. I think Julia should keep to what she does best, presenting what she has to sell in an informative and honest way. That's when she excels.

Last edited:
I agree . I think for some peeps what ever she says or does is cause for complaint.

i think that is a little unfair. i did make the point of saying i was disappointed and regardless of who pays for what i DID see it with my own eyes.

just because qvc have already paid for it, it doesn't mean they want julia to take it home with her. they may well want to roll it out next time it's aired so what is so weird about julia (or anyone) wheedling round the guest for their own personal freebie?

also, i wouldn't say presenters do it frequently but they certainly do angle for things sometimes. i've seen it with jewellery and make up and i wouldn't say anyone of them is a particular culprit. it does however always look tacky.

see reply to LH.

I would imagine Q are happy for any presenter to wear a stock item on air.

AY is the one we should be admonishing. She openly admits to expensive beauty items finding their way into her bag. And it's not like a viewer is going to ring and ask what mascara she's wearing is it? Tea leaf.

Latest posts

Back