Julia's asking for votes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How do we know that the other girls aren't being advertised on other websites, has anyone looked into that? Why for example is Annette Finch top? Couldn't possibly be anything to do with the TV now could it? :cool:

I dont know who she is in media terms?

However, she has a whole family connection with the millitary and her husbands squadron has raised £10,000 for the charity. I wonder how much JR/Sophie have raised other than self promotion?

Well a quick google took me to what looks like Annette Finch off Central TV to me.
A TV station a tad larger than QVC!

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/annette-finch/16/448/317

So if she's used her connections to get votes, is she going to get slammed too?

We don't know what Sophie and JR's family may have raised for charity and even if we did I get the feeling they'd be slammed on here for blowing their own trumpets.

Last edited:
If you'd glanced at the link in the OP you'd have seen this:

Sophie's boyfriend is in the army. He is a Colour Sergeant in the Coldstream Guards and his tours of duty have included both Iraq and Afghanistan .

I saw that on Julias post, but Sophie didnt make that clear, so if you did not know her you would have no clue as to why it was 'close to her heart'. Surely you would want to make this known for potential voters? (unless of course they are coming via a QVC blog and it doesn't really matter).

Please feel free to correct me someone, but is the voting not to find the top 12 girls for each of the months calendar picture.
I then think the only way to show Julia it's wrong to ask for votes from her blog on QVC is to ensure Sophie is at least number 13 in the rating and missing out on being picked.
Voting for just a girl in order to put her above Sophie would therefore only make her get the most votes but not stop Sophie being in the calendar.

:wink:

Sorry - failed to read it properly. :doh:

Yeah, I've never heard of her either.

Neither had I, but it wouldn't have hurt to have done 2 seconds of homework before thinking about leaving snotty remarks about another contender as if they were the only one with connections. :doh:
Working for ITV I daresay Annette has far more connections which is why she's in first place on the votes.

I'm not a Roberts fan, but I think a lot of the comments on here are downright naive and one-sided, made by people who have done very little research on anything before passing judgement. Bit like Daily Mail journalists...it's beginning to look like that on this forum the way the daggers seem to be out just recently. By all means have a good reason for voting for someone, but to vote in order to knock someone down a few pegs is childish and spiteful as some on here have done. :down:

Well this could go on forever, but 'a quick Google search of Sophie vote for heros' gets me local rags, and Julias blog. And 'a quick Google search of Annette vote for heros' gets me local rags, and Julias blog! :mysmilie_507::mysmilie_507:

I cannot see evidence from 'a quick Google search' of Annette 'using connections', far from it, it appears she gave media up over a year ago to support her husbands millitary work. Indeed the link you gave shows she works as an accounts manager.

Well a quick google took me to what looks like Annette Finch off Central TV to me.
A TV station a tad larger than QVC!

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/annette-finch/16/448/317

So if she's used her connections to get votes, is she going to get slammed too?

Oh and Bianca was in last year's calendar - maybe she should be disqualified? Heaven forbid what would be being said about Sophie if she'd tried to appear twice!

An e-flaggellation with birch twigs at the very least...:tongue:

... 'a quick Google search of Annette vote for heros' gets me local rags, and Julias blog! :mysmilie_507::mysmilie_507:

I cannot see evidence from 'a quick Google search' of Annette 'using connections', far from it, it appears she gave media up over a year ago to support her husbands millitary work. Indeed the link you gave shows she works as an accounts manager.

Ah so she's not allowed to do two jobs?
I googled her full name and all the first few posts on page one were about her career with ITV. If she's freelance (and I haven't read enough to know if she is or not), she's entitled to do what she likes.

My point is, Sophie is being lambasted for doing/wanting exactly the same as many of the others are undoubtedly doing and that's just wrong IMHO.

It's quite simple to me but it's just my view and not intending to have a go or judge anyone but.
Julia's blog reads Sophie saw an advert looking for models and asked that they had a connection to the forces.
So that indicates to me she was looking for modeling work and it just so happened that she fitted the brief because of her boyfriend.
Now if anyone else is in the forces or regularly does work for help the hero's and because of that was made aware that models were required for the calendar, then to me they would be more deserving of my vote.

:sun:

Just found this on the HFH site - sorry it's a bit lengthy

"It has been bought to our attention that attempts have been made to falsify the voting system and excessive amounts of votes have been coming from identical IP addresses. This has been happening over several of the applicants pages and is currently being monitored carefully. Whilst we can appreciate that building such as offices and people with multiple computers at home share IP’s over a network and we do take this into account, certain individuals have managed to bypass the protocols we have put in place to stop multiple votes from the same computer. For example, some IP address have logged multiple votes over a very short period of time.

We take a zero tolerance to this kind of activity, the voting system was put in place to keep it fair to everyone involved and if this continues to be abused then appropriate action will be taken, either applicants will have votes removed or in worst cases, they will be removed from the competition altogether.

Please remember that full voting logs are being kept on the server, including times votes take place as well as how many times IP addresses are attempting to bypass the security in place. If this does continue we have the option of banning these IP addresses permanently as well as stripping these votes from the total.

It is unfortunate that individuals out there seem to want to spoil it for what is supposed to be a fair way of getting all the applicants involved, especially when we are doing this for such an important charity.

We ask that you bear with us whilst we investigate this further so we can decided on how to proceed, but for individuals who are attempting to up the votes this needs to STOP immediately.

The PUFH Team."

Looks as if everybody's at it :confused:

P x

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand your point.
Even if she did stop working with ITV a year ago, it doesn't automatically give that she loses all her connections there.
I've changed jobs a few times, it doesn't mean I fall out with my colleagues the moment I exit the building!

:wonder: Where is the evidence that she is using a connection from ITV to bump her votes. Sophie has Julia currently canvassing via a large TV medium.

I give up! :mysmilie_850:

Neither had I, but it wouldn't have hurt to have done 2 seconds of homework before thinking about leaving snotty remarks about another contender as if they were the only one with connections. :doh:
Working for ITV I daresay Annette has far more connections which is why she's in first place on the votes.

I'm not a Roberts fan, but I think a lot of the comments on here are downright naive and one-sided, made by people who have done very little research on anything before passing judgement. Bit like Daily Mail journalists...it's beginning to look like that on this forum the way the daggers seem to be out just recently. By all means have a good reason for voting for someone, but to vote in order to knock someone down a few pegs is childish and spiteful as some on here have done. :down:

Where did I say I voted for another person just to spite Sophie? I said I wouldn't vote for her solely on the basis of her mother canvassing for our support, but that's not to say I would have purposefully voted for somebody else. As it happens, I voted for the person whom I thought best deserved it, and that wasn't Sophie.

I'm not sure I understand your point.
Even if she did stop working with ITV a year ago, it doesn't automatically give that she loses all her connections there.
I've changed jobs a few times, it doesn't mean I fall out with my colleagues the moment I exit the building!

Well I watch ITV quite a lot and I haven't once heard mention of her, let alone in relation this campaign.

The only place I have seem the whole thing mentioned at all is Julia Roberts' blog, which in my eyes does give Sophie an un-fair advantage - while I'm sure the others are getting people to help them with their vote count, it cure as heck hasn't filtered through to me.

For goodness sake grow up ladies this post has gotten so far way from its original point that we have forgotten that this is in aid of a CHARITY to help our fallen heroes.
Now in my book ANY thing which brings this to the attention of more people is a good thing.
I for one would never have heard of this if it hadn't been posted here, and we are all free to vote for who ever we like. I managed to view all of the girls profiles in 10 Min's and voted for the ones I likes.
You all have the same ability no one said you had to vote for Sophie.
I say good luck to ALL the girls who have entered.

Latest posts

Back