Just For Fun - Who Are Your Top 3 Best & Worst Sit Up Presenters?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I could be wrong but although they sell loads of items for 1p I think a non stop drop can only go to £1 however, I agree he is bullshitting tonight with some aplomb.

I have heard other presenters make it clear it isn't the lowest price but the lowest NSD price.

With every passing day it feels like to me like they are hoping for new trade rather than regulars as they claim more and more not to remember what they themselves said they day before.

PJ.

I have heard other presenters make it clear it isn't the lowest price but the lowest NSD price.

With every passing day it feels like to me like they are hoping for new trade rather than regulars as they claim more and more not to remember what they themselves said they day before.

PJ.

I see the bad habits starting again PJ, which to me seems very foolish.

Guy is definitely the one I dislike the most. Just a generally unlikeable chap and he has a really aggressive selling manner. Also appears to not even care about what he does. Sometimes it feels like he's personally insulted that people aren't buying their shoddy items, absolutely horrible man.

I don't like Helen either, just a pointless woman. If she's only going to be there to model something then she just needs to keep her mouth closed.

I used to like James, but when you realise that literally everything that comes out of his mouth is pure BS then you realise he's not that great. He seems likeable, but I have a feeling that's all part of the patter. You can tell he thinks he's better than everyone else too when he's dressed up in a suit and waistcoat, cuff links, the lot, just to sell another glow in the dark meerkat or cheap Chinese "timepiece".

Steve McD made me laugh again last night, I can always rely on him :giggle:

He had two doorstops and he was making out that he couldn't lift them, like they weighed a ton. His face was a twisted contortion and captured as a still and put on the screen behind him. One of the crew, a big burly fella, tried, but he couldn't lift them either, his face getting redder and redder. Again a big blown up shot of his face was put on the screen.

Then Steve called for Yolisa and Kiri. They both proceeded to lift both doorstops up with their little fingers. Twas funny :giggle:

Steve McD made me laugh again last night, I can always rely on him :giggle:

He had two doorstops and he was making out that he couldn't lift them, like they weighed a ton. His face was a twisted contortion and captured as a still and put on the screen behind him. One of the crew, a big burly fella, tried, but he couldn't lift them either, his face getting redder and redder. Again a big blown up shot of his face was put on the screen.

Then Steve called for Yolisa and Kiri. They both proceeded to lift both doorstops up with their little fingers. Twas funny :giggle:

I was wondering why Steve's face was blown up on the screen when I was flicking through!

I'm adding Mark Stewart to my worst presenters, jeez he is a crashing bore.

Guy is definitely the one I dislike the most. Just a generally unlikeable chap and he has a really aggressive selling manner. Also appears to not even care about what he does. Sometimes it feels like he's personally insulted that people aren't buying their shoddy items, absolutely horrible man.

I don't like Helen either, just a pointless woman. If she's only going to be there to model something then she just needs to keep her mouth closed.

I used to like James, but when you realise that literally everything that comes out of his mouth is pure BS then you realise he's not that great. He seems likeable, but I have a feeling that's all part of the patter. You can tell he thinks he's better than everyone else too when he's dressed up in a suit and waistcoat, cuff links, the lot, just to sell another glow in the dark meerkat or cheap Chinese "timepiece".

I totally agree about Guy - He's just got a "nasty manner" about him and whilst I can't quite pinpoint it, I can well imagine him saying "Right you plebs, I don't want to be here as much as you don't want me here so listen up - The sooner you buy some of this tat, the sooner you'll be able to stop listening to me, of course if you had any intellegence you'd just reach for the "off" button, but then you are all shopping channel viewers! Horrible supercillious little git, and as for his "funnies" - well, they're not!

Helen - Yes and no...sorry I just can't bear the sound of her whining voice, but she does seem like a nice, cheerful lass.

James is alright - Mark Stewart..he's a bit of a twat, but he's just about bearable to watch, but can make a few Guy Keane esque jokes and comments, and he needs to stop that 'cause it ain't something one should aspire to!

With Guy you get the feeling behind the joke telling offs he is being serious. Sort if old queen and I don't mean that as in his sexuality I mean drama.

PJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I totally agree about Guy - He's just got a "nasty manner" about him and whilst I can't quite pinpoint it, I can well imagine him saying "Right you plebs, I don't want to be here as much as you don't want me here so listen up - The sooner you buy some of this tat, the sooner you'll be able to stop listening to me, of course if you had any intellegence you'd just reach for the "off" button, but then you are all shopping channel viewers! Horrible supercillious little git, and as for his "funnies" - well, they're not!

Helen - Yes and no...sorry I just can't bear the sound of her whining voice, but she does seem like a nice, cheerful lass.

James is alright - Mark Stewart..he's a bit of a twat, but he's just about bearable to watch, but can make a few Guy Keane esque jokes and comments, and he needs to stop that 'cause it ain't something one should aspire to!

You mean like when he just this minute said (when talking about his Hungarian Director), direct quote:- 'she's forgotten her mother tongue already, snuck in under the back of a lorry just 6 months ago and she's already forgotten her mother tongue'.

Incredible.

You mean like when he just this minute said (when talking about his Hungarian Director), direct quote:- 'she's forgotten her mother tongue already, snuck in under the back of a lorry just 6 months ago and she's already forgotten her mother tongue'.

Incredible.

Yes, disgusting! Fine if that's they way they laugh and joke off screen, but totally wrong comment to make on screen!

Yes, disgusting! Fine if that's they way they laugh and joke off screen, but totally wrong comment to make on screen!

I genuinely mean this but if anyone at my place of work said that they would be in very serious trouble. Really serious trouble :angry:

Thankfully I doubt anyone is crass or ignorant enough to say it. Apart from the bigoted nature of such a comment some poor desperate people have died attempting to get into countries by that method, that is an absolutely appalling thing to joke about.

Let's see if OFCOM find it funny.

Last edited:

You're so right Merry - it's just completely obvious that Guy doesn't want to be there - and he doesn't even make an effort to hide it. He doesn't care about what he's selling, he just seems dedicated to finishing his shift and getting of there ASAP. I can remember seeing him once where at the end of his shift as his last item hit 0:00 on the clock he just walked out of shot mumbling he was going. Hillarious!

Best:

Steve MacDonald - Find him really likeable, funny and doesn't take himself or the channel seriously
Charlotte Mounter - Not sure if she's gone now, but like her

Worst:

James Russell - Makes me cringe
Mark Stewart - Can't watch him
Guy Kean - Misery guts
Chris Birkett - Dull

Latest posts

Back