Just For Fun - Who Are Your Top 3 Best & Worst Sit Up Presenters?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Favourites:

Andy Hodgson (a bit hyper at times, but one of the few who could probably move into a more mainstream presenting job)
Charlotte Mounter (on maternity leave at the moment but should be back soon)
Steve McDonald (caught him on with Marina a week or so back and they worked very well together. Also comes across as naturally funny and engaging as opposed to others who seem forced)

Least favourites:

Chris Birkett (as has been said, how does he have a job on TV. If you look up the words dull and boring in the dictionary you'll see Birkett's face. Appears to have been pegged as 'the chef')
Paul Evers (no where near as funny as he would like to think he is, in fact flat out annoying. Cringeworthy TV when he starts trying to sing or rap)
Caroline Lindsay (probably the female equivalent of Birkett, but not 'quite' as dull as him)
Sally Jaxx (far too loud and with a voice that grates like nails down a black board. She still 'absolutely loves' every item that she sells and fawns over the most hideous of clothes as if they are designer labels)

Meh, they're just there. No opinion one way or another

Andrea McLean
Far Mani
Justin Hazell

Will watch for all the wrong reasons:

Guy Kean (appears thoroughly pissed off whenever he is on. Seems to resent the fact that he works for a shopping channel and looks permanently miserable. Talks down to the viewers)
James Russell (seems to have won round a lot of the posters on here, not me though. Jewellery James will always be remembered by me for his talk of incredibly rare Tanzanite, encouraging us viewers to get in before 'the trade' and just coming across as a smarmy so and so)
Mikey Mason ('Av it! Love cuddles, the Goddess. Mikey has a story and tale for everything, and it is almost as if Del Trotter could've been based on this wideboy)
Peter Simon (need I say anymore? Car crash TV at it's finest and you never know what is going to come out of his mouth. From the crude, innuendo laden show openings to lengthy heart-pulling monologues, to his staple catchphrases with a bit of 'slap-stick' thrown in too)

Sadly missed

Charlie McArdle (the dame of these channels seems like a real nice genuine man)
Lisa Celisse (not a presenter, but the best assistant that they ever had. Hopefully doing well in whatever she is up to)
Marie Greenwood (used to work very well with Peter Sherlock and another who seemed like a fun, nice, genuine person)

Sadly not missed

Nicola George (without question the biggest bull shitter to have ever graced these channels. Would exaggerate and flat out lie something rotten to make a sale)

Oh I miss Charlie too, he was my darling :heart:

I like people who can make me laugh so I like

Steve McDonald
Andy Hodgson

They both make me lol

James Russell is gorgeous, so I like to watch him :tongue:

I cannot stand

Lisa Brash - she always seems to have Rezzy with her like she's her carer, keeping an eye on her
Peter Simon - it's all been said
Mike Mason - loadsamoney bighead........(I used to love him back in the day)

I'd like to add Mark Ryes to my worst list, he is a competent presenter but seems a very prickly guy that you would have to watch your words with, so not to make him angry.

Sally is nice enough, a right gobby madam but seems a good gal.

Bod and Birkett are a bit like Argos TV, I doubt anyone would notice if they suddenly disappeared. They remind me of lettuce.

It's all down to personal perception Moet. I can't watch Lisa for long but to be genuinely honest your description of her is exactly what I think about Mike Mason.

He's beyond self indulgent, imo. Did you hear him selling the Buddha the other night? 'I'm on the right path in life', I doubt any of the others would be so immodest. He is 'me, me, me' personified, the facebook page for a Legendary TV Presenter that he supposedly has nothing to do with is a nod to that.

And jeez, his voice grates on me. He sounds like he has swallowed the Jamie Oliver book of mockney :grin:

He certainly leads the views up the garden path ....

Seriously though what an arrogant self righteous pompous prat he is. Unfortunately when someone acts a persona sometimes their mask slips and this is a great example of it. Before the Free Masons/Masonettes pip up saying this is just one example try the following:

Talking about the mutant who pranged his l/g car.
Wanting to give night nurse to control Kiri.
Thinking every female wants him.
Mentioning me live on air in the attempt to silence me (yeah that worked).

PJ

He certainly leads the views up the garden path ....

Seriously though what an arrogant self righteous pompous prat he is. Unfortunately when someone acts a persona sometimes their mask slips and this is a great example of it. Before the Free Masons/Masonettes pip up saying this is just one example try the following:

Talking about the mutant who pranged his l/g car.
Wanting to give night nurse to control Kiri.
Thinking every female wants him.
Mentioning me live on air in the attempt to silence me (yeah that worked).

PJ

And saying Kiri's breasts will droop when she gets older, or pregnant. In his defence I honestly don't think he possesses the self awareness to even realise what he sometimes says, i'd guess his Landlady/Goddess has him on an incredibly tight leash.

I know he looks quite a bit older than he actually is but sometimes he sounds like a chauvinist from a past century. I'm sure he'd go down well at working man's club in Sheppey.

Peter Simon was saying yesterday that Mason has a massive tattoo. I'm surprised it's not on his knuckles :grin:

Last edited:
And saying Kiri's breasts will droop when she gets older, or pregnant. In his defence I honestly don't think he possesses the self awareness to even realise what says sometimes, i'd guess his Landlady/Goddess has him on an incredibly tight leash.

I know he looks quite a bit older than he actually is but sometimes he sounds like a chauvinist from a past century. I'm sure he'd go down well at working man's club in Sheppey.

Peter Simon was saying yesterday that Mason has a massive tattoo. I'm surprised it's not on his knuckles :grin:

He is lucky not to have a sexual harassment case put by Kiri on that one. Her breasts are not a topic of conversation on or off air serious or in jest for anyone but her partner.

I agree he looks older than he does but for me it is nothing to do with his hair loss. I have friends who have no hair who look younger than what they are.

I find it interesting how M&M is dismissive of the 5 minute fling with Brash. Is this another sign of who they really are all along? ;-)

PJ

He is lucky not to have a sexual harassment case put by Kiri on that one. Her breasts are not a topic of conversation on or off air serious or in jest for anyone but her partner.

I agree he looks older than he does but for me it is nothing to do with his hair loss. I have friends who have no hair who look younger than what they are.

I find it interesting how M&M is dismissive of the 5 minute fling with Brash. Is this another sign of who they really are all along? ;-)

PJ

He said he smoked for years so that's probably why he looks somewhat withered, I bet Mr James looks much better when he is eventually Mike's age.

Maybe BingoBalls told the Landlady/Goddess his fling with The Brash was only for five minutes? They seem like the perfect match to me.

Like Brad and Angelina are called Brangelina I think Mike and the Brash should be called MASH.

He said he smoked for years so that's probably why he looks somewhat withered, I bet Mr James looks much better when he is eventually Mike's age.

Maybe BingoBalls told the Landlady/Goddess his fling with The Brash was only for five minutes? They seem like the perfect match to me.

Like Brad and Angelina are called Brangelina I think Mike and the Brash should be called MASH.

Love it :mysmilie_458:

The five minute fling was with Robbie Williams

Love it :mysmilie_458:

The five minute fling was with Robbie Williams

Momma, can you imagine if they'd produced a little MASH :eek:

minismashchav.jpg

Attachments

• minimash.jpg
    minimash.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
I've noticed that people are putting Caroline Lyndsay down as she's boring - True - but my biggest bugbear with is her downright insincerity..and I just don't believe a word she says, she'd seemingly say anything to make a sale. A couple of things that stand out in my memory, and I don't mean her heavily scaffolded and well covered bustline is when she told us she'd spent £30 on an single angel ornament which was just plain glass and didn't do anything and was nowhere near as nice as the set of tacky led things she was selling at the time - Sorry, but you wouldn't part with £30 for something you didn't like - specially a xmas ornament...and other one was when she suggested that a plush throw intended to go on a bed or settee would be suitable to drape over someone's legs to keep them warm in a wheelchair - ffs what's wrong with decent winter coat, or at least something that's intended for the purpose..can you imagine how uncomfortable one of those would be, and you'd be forever trying to untangle it from the wheels and keeping it from trailing through all manner of sh*te on the floor?! This was all said with that false rictus grin, that she just turns on and off like a switch - I think she's 'orrible!

I've noticed that people are putting Caroline Lyndsay down as she's boring - True - but my biggest bugbear with is her downright insincerity..and I just don't believe a word she says, she'd seemingly say anything to make a sale. A couple of things that stand out in my memory, and I don't mean her heavily scaffolded and well covered bustline is when she told us she'd spent £30 on an single angel ornament which was just plain glass and didn't do anything and was nowhere near as nice as the set of tacky led things she was selling at the time - Sorry, but you wouldn't part with £30 for something you didn't like - specially a xmas ornament...and other one was when she suggested that a plush throw intended to go on a bed or settee would be suitable to drape over someone's legs to keep them warm in a wheelchair - ffs what's wrong with decent winter coat, or at least something that's intended for the purpose..can you imagine how uncomfortable one of those would be, and you'd be forever trying to untangle it from the wheels and keeping it from trailing through all manner of sh*te on the floor?! This was all said with that false rictus grin, that she just turns on and off like a switch - I think she's 'orrible!

I said much the same in the opening post, that woman has insincerity down to a fine art!

I cannot abide the way she tilts her head to feign empathy, yuck.

She makes me cold. She is ultra compliant about the spec of the products but she really will say anything to sell. Does anyone remember the baby jewellery sale a while back and she said you shouldn't put adult jewellery on a child, much like you wouldn't dress a little girl in a mini skirt.

Last edited:
Best - In no order

Andy Hodgson
Mike Mason
Steve Macdonald

Worst

Peter Simon
Guy Kean
Peter Sherlock

I just wonder how our lovely LOLA would have fared in our little favourite/worst thread, had she still been shaking her tassles in Bid Towers.

I miss her desperately.

My top 3:

Andy Hodgson (Funny, relaxed and doesn't take himself or the channel too seriously. He's a great talent)
Steve McDonald (Genuinely funny guy, engages a lot with the views - very watchable).
Peter Sherlock (Very natural presenter, very warm - engaging to watch)

My bottom 3:

Caroline Lindsay (Incredibly boring - comes across as insincere - I genuinely cannot watch her).
Mike Mason (Aggressive, rude, doesn't think before he speaks. Speaks down to viewers continually. He clearly hates the fact he works for a shopping channel).
Lisa Brash (I know some people love her and I'm sure she's a nice person - but I just find her irritating)

I just wonder how our lovely LOLA would have fared in our little favourite/worst thread, had she still been shaking her tassles in Bid Towers.

I miss her desperately.

i wasn't a viewer really in the lola days, what are the tassels...in relation to her... dare i ask?

Latest posts

Back