Just got my YC tart burner, just want to know

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

uptheferrets

Registered Shopper
It came today so i have set it up and it's lovely I'm using the pomegrante cider.

I have just put about a quarter in.
Having used mainly the candles before I'd appreciate some tips on the best way to use them, store partial and full ones etc

I know they are quite well liked on here, so I thought I'd ask the 'experts' :D

Are there any must have fragrances? What would be a good daytime fragrance or mix?

I am a bit disappointed in the lack of an on/off switch, as my socket is not too handy to reach so I'll have to remember to pull the plug, but I did think that as they had said in the show that there was a cutout, that it wouldn't be a problem. But I did read somewhere that there isn't one.

Hi Up!
I have some tarts that are a couple of years old now and they are storing well in a
cardboard box tucked away in a cool cupboard. I use half a tart in my tart warmer
and the scent fills the house. My fave scents are cinnamon stick, sage lavender, island spa, lemon lavender, tiare flower and evening air. Its all part of the fun trying out the huge range of scents. It is sad though when they discontinue a fave.

it really depends how big your room is. I have an average sizes lounge but it's open plan with my dining room so I use a whole one at a time. They last a lot longer than the 8 hours thsat they say before the scent goes so I think they are great value. Personally I go for the baking type smells and the fruit ones - helps my diet to be sniffing not tasting!

My lounge is not that big and I've always used a full tart. I also use full tarts on my landing and in my bathroom and have never found the smell overpowering. The only time I have found a YC fragrance overpowering is when I bought the Tahitian Tiare Flower in a two wick candle. I think that maybe the tarts warm up more slowly so release the fragrance more gently?

I have loads of favourite fragrances and tend to switch them depending on the time of year although usually go for something lighter in the bathroom. At the moment I'm burning French Vanilla in the living room (one I wouldn't actually have chosen but my friend bought it for me), Pomegranate Cider on the landing and Sun and Sand in the bathroom.

My all time favourite though would be Jack Frost although I only burn this at Xmas time. Check out Yankeedoodle, they have free p&p at the moment as well as other offers. x

I'm loving the pomegranate cider its wafting all over the house at the moment.
I have noticed too, that the fragrance lingers a long time and i could still smell it this morning although i had turned it off late last night

I'm resisting using the more festive ones until a little nearer christmas.

So thanks for the tips, all gratefully received:)

Hi UTF - i recommend having a look at Darls Tarts - just scroll down on the main screen as Darls's shop is a ST outlet. Her tarts are great value and quality with a fantastic range of scents - she currently is doing a Xmas bag(although they may have gone now) but well worth a visit and Darls is an absolute darling lady who will answer any questions etc. I prefer her tarts to YC( they are cheaper too) - she has a list of current scents as a sticky at the top of her outlet.:)

I have an electric tart burner, I rarely use it, I find I get a stronger scent using my traditional burner with the yc tea lights ;) ... I love the fruit and fantasy fragrances for all year except winter, I then go for the foodie smells.. I use two tart burners cos I'm greedy lol, so tonight I'm burning blueberry scone, along with christmas cup cake ... yummy

Hi, I got my first YC tarts and burner as the recent TSV. I'm using half a tart at a time, which is fine and currently lasting approx 16 hours :) Current favourites are Fresh cut roses and clean cotton, but i've heard flowerbomb is lovely too.

I love my tart burner. My fave scents are the food and spice ones. Sparkling Cinnamon is fantastic. My all time favorite is Autumn Leaves but the lady at my local wax and wicks place reckons its being discontinued.

Does anyone know if this is true? Yankeedoodle are still selling the jar candles but I can't seem to get the tarts.

Flowerbomb is a must have ;)

Haven't heard of that fragrance. We put our Christmas tree up yesterday so my new festive tart burner is out and I'm presently burning Mountain Pine in it which is lovely - even though MrM keeps saying it smells like Flash I think it's very fresh smelling. Have another burner on the landing. It actually still had a wax tart in it from last Christmas and still smells! Think it is either Happy Christmas or Christmas Eve.

Also, in my living room I have a wreath tea light holder set up for the evenings which has Christmas Cookie tealights in it and a medium jar of Christmas Eve in the centre.

VALM, Flowerbomb is the name of a currently popular ladies perfume by Viktor & Rolf. Lady Darls does some Flowerbomb scented tarts, and they are divine. Highly recommended.

Latest posts

Back