Keeley & Abi Cleeve

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ClaireKelly

Registered Shopper
They did a joint chat in Facebook yesterday, all about sun protection.
I watched The comments with the sound off 😂
Product shelf life was mentioned…..
They both said the checker sites weren’t accurate, and the only reliable way to find out date of manufacture was to contact the company. Keeley also said all goods had to have a minimum of one year shelf life….
So if we all presume that anything we buy from QVC has to be used within a year we won’t go wrong.

They did a joint chat in Facebook yesterday, all about sun protection.
I watched The comments with the sound off 😂
Product shelf life was mentioned…..
They both said the checker sites weren’t accurate, and the only reliable way to find out date of manufacture was to contact the company. Keeley also said all goods had to have a minimum of one year shelf life….
So if we all presume that anything we buy from QVC has to be used within a year we won’t go wrong.
Abi mentioned it the other weekend when she had a full hour on TV. She said the same thing about site checkers not being accurate. At least Abi said it on TV, Keeley hasn’t. It just goes to show it has become a big issue and they must have lots of people complaining. They will be better off adding it to the websites or on screen. I’m not sure how practical it is for people to contact them everytime!

But! When was it manufactured, how long did it sit in the warehouse before going to QVC, how long have QVC had it? All these will cut down on the one-year time period as well. We all know the presenters push the multi buy and stock up now.
But , but it’s QVC’s superb buying power that gives us these amazing deals , nothing to do with expiring dates. 🧐

Why don't they just say XYZ product has 3 months shelf life left and sell it off half price? I suspect they'll still sell them. No one wants to pay the best part of £100 for products that are going to go out of date before you can use them but if customers think they've got a bargain and they know what they are buying then they will surely sell.

CC

Why don't they just say XYZ product has 3 months shelf life left and sell it off half price? I suspect they'll still sell them. No one wants to pay the best part of £100 for products that are going to go out of date before you can use them but if customers think they've got a bargain and they know what they are buying then they will surely sell.

CC
I think that's what TK Maxx is for, I think!

CC
Now come on CC, that would be the logical thing to do and as we all know, logic isn't Q's strong point. 😂

Abi mentioned it the other weekend when she had a full hour on TV. She said the same thing about site checkers not being accurate. At least Abi said it on TV, Keeley hasn’t. It just goes to show it has become a big issue and they must have lots of people complaining. They will be better off adding it to the websites or on screen. I’m not sure how practical it is for people to contact them everytime!
I think someone did ask why the date of manufacture couldn’t be shown on products…But funny enough that didn’t get answered…

I know Q do clearance but it's not clearance. Still really high prices because the original prices were ridiculously high. The days of getting something decent for a few quid are long gone. OK, clothes don't have a best buy (because most are 20 years out of fashion) but beauty prod ucts do. Why not have a little section for "you know what you're buying" short life products? Oh and it would have to be free postage as well the closer to the end date it gets.

CC

TK Maxx, I hear oh it is old stock etc, as Patsy says I too have seen beauty products with proper use by date and great one to two year shelf life. I remember when Elemis changed their packaging for toners and cleanser from the old square shape to the one around now. Walked into TK Maxx, and it was all the new stuff in there and on offer. So someone at Elemis made a major FUBAR and sent the new stock to them. Hey, no doubt QVC got the old stock. 😂

QVC Clearance, we used to have a thread about how beauty products had been there for a number of years. I remember saying one had been there so long, it was ready to start school!

TK Maxx, I hear oh it is old stock etc, as Patsy says I too have seen beauty products with proper use by date and great one to two year shelf life. I remember when Elemis changed their packaging for toners and cleanser from the old square shape to the one around now. Walked into TK Maxx, and it was all the new stuff in there and on offer. So someone at Elemis made a major FUBAR and sent the new stock to them. Hey, no doubt QVC got the old stock. 😂

QVC Clearance, we used to have a thread about how beauty products had been there for a number of years. I remember saying one had been there so long, it was ready to start school!
....And bring its many siblings along with them.

Latest posts

Back