Kelly Hoppen 6 Piece Duvet Set TSV 28/05/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

:song::song:"Up above the streets and houses,
Rainbow climbing high.
Everyone can see it climbling
Through the sky."
:song::song::mysmilie_852:

Am I the only one humming this when I look at the pattern? No? Just me then? :mysmilie_850:

That overlapping rainbow shape was a popular pattern in artex ceilings back in the day...our Kell probably got her inspiration from that! It was also available in an anaglypta wall paper in the early 80s (ex hubby had a wallpaper business). What a style icon she is!

That overlapping rainbow shape was a popular pattern in artex ceilings back in the day...our Kell probably got her inspiration from that! It was also available in an anaglypta wall paper in the early 80s (ex hubby had a wallpaper business). What a style icon she is!

Just what I was thinking. In the 80,s/90's we had embossed wallpaper with this very design.You could paint it any colour you liked.It was very popular .We never went as far as the artex but friends had it all over the house.

Good to know where Kelly gets her inspiration from.To me this design feels old fashioned and a bit naff......

I could easily sing along with this one. Yes, it is so like the artex pattern which I've seen a lot.

Is it just me (or was it just me) who thought that KH not only designed her items which she sells on QVC but that they were manufactured in the same place as she gets her bedding for her own business manufactured in. It was always how I thought it was, until a comment made by her on air recently, I think her last TSV when she stated on being pleased at how her duvet sets had looked that she was 'amazed at how they had made them, and the quality they had produced. This ''they'' business at the time made me stop and think. If these items were made by a manufacturer whose work she was used to, then she would not have been surprised, so I stopped to consider were her bedding items sold on Q made by none other than the manufacturer of Northern Nights QVC's own brand.

If so, then I see no difference from purchasing KH and NN, the latter being cheaper.

I could easily sing along with this one. Yes, it is so like the artex pattern which I've seen a lot.

Is it just me (or was it just me) who thought that KH not only designed her items which she sells on QVC but that they were manufactured in the same place as she gets her bedding for her own business manufactured in. It was always how I thought it was, until a comment made by her on air recently, I think her last TSV when she stated on being pleased at how her duvet sets had looked that she was 'amazed at how they had made them, and the quality they had produced. This ''they'' business at the time made me stop and think. If these items were made by a manufacturer whose work she was used to, then she would not have been surprised, so I stopped to consider were her bedding items sold on Q made by none other than the manufacturer of Northern Nights QVC's own brand.

If so, then I see no difference from purchasing KH and NN, the latter being cheaper.

I'm afraid I always got the feeling that KH range was manufactured for her by QVC, hence however nice a set looks, I won't buy. My big bugbear is the oxford pillowcases. NN (and therefore I assume KH and any other range produced for QVC) put the opening for the pillow in the centre of the pillowcase. Maybe it doesn't matter if you donlt sleep on your oxfords, but I do... and I like to flip them over during the night. I couldn't do that with the NN set I bought, so never again.

That's odd - never heard of any pillowcase having a central opening! Does it save fabric or what's the advantage I wonder?

As I often harp on about soakandsleep.com do fab high thread count bedding and usually have offers on too - there you're not paying for the designer name...

As for the design of this tsv I was going to say it looked to me as if it's inspired by traditional japanese patterns which use fans repeatedly as motifs (I have porcelain and fabric with this exact pattern on). But then I saw it was called Cairo so not sure how that adds up?!!

Kelly Hoppen talking about her latest range - including wallpaper... and how it's very retro 60's and 70's - so the comments from posters on this thread are clearly spot on!

I'm currently fascinated by the immobility of Kelly's face. The eyelids and lips are the only things which move (and the eyes are looking a little strange). Has Kelly admitted to having any work done? I'm thinking definitely botox, and I suspect an eye job of some kind, but I'm really no expert.

Apparently KH only puts her name to the bedding and has no input in the design. That would make sense when she's been caught on the hop a few times.

Apparently KH only puts her name to the bedding and has no input in the design. That would make sense when she's been caught on the hop a few times.

That's quite shocking if it's true! Why would a so-called top designer be willing to put something out on which they've had no design input?! I know, the answer's financial and it's easy but still seems a bit odd/disappointing!

At first I presumed Kelly designed the Q offerings but now think she probably doesn't.In the beginning she sold home ware as well but these seem to have dropped off.

I have bought one bedspread and although the quality appeared very good initially,it pilled and threaded badly on the shiny side of the material so I would not purchase anything from this brand again.It happened pretty quickly but not in the 30 day limit,not that I noticed anyway.

At first I presumed Kelly designed the Q offerings but now think she probably doesn't.In the beginning she sold home ware as well but these seem to have dropped off.

I have bought one bedspread and although the quality appeared very good initially,it pilled and threaded badly on the shiny side of the material so I would not purchase anything from this brand again.It happened pretty quickly but not in the 30 day limit,not that I noticed anyway.

we have got a whole new range of stuff coming from july including furniture

Oh yes, bring on the 70s retro!!

Brushed nylon sheets in orange and purple.
Candlewick bedspread
Candy-stripe flannel sheets
Hangover-inducing wallpaper

I do like some of the bedding, but won't pay for the extra pieces I don't want. Always manage to get nice sets in sales - recently bought a Laura Ashley king-size duvet cover and pillowcases for around £60.

Latest posts

Back