Kelly Hoppen 6 Piece Duvet Set TSV 28/05/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's quite shocking if it's true! Why would a so-called top designer be willing to put something out on which they've had no design input?! I know, the answer's financial and it's easy but still seems a bit odd/disappointing![/QUOTE

Most of them do it Lou, just put their name to something, and get paid for doing it. I bought a set of three flower t-light holders from QVC about two years ago, they were supposed to be by Kelly Hoppen but you wouldn't have know because there was no Kelly Hoppen branding, they we also badly made the glaze didn't cover the bottom, they were £27 plus £3.95 p&p. Goes in to Poundstretcher a month later and they had the exact same ones, I swear to you they were the exact same ones for £2 each. I was peed off so I sent KH and a QVC an email wanting to know why, needless to say I never heard back.

kelly hoppen range in her shops is far more expensive than qvc offerings. high thread count is not everything.its the nn materials with kelly hoppen designs. also the throws/bedspreads are far too cheap. a quality bedspread would cost at least £100 more than what they are sold for.

Oh yes, bring on the 70s retro!!

Brushed nylon sheets in orange and purple.
Candlewick bedspread
Candy-stripe flannel sheets
Hangover-inducing wallpaper

I do like some of the bedding, but won't pay for the extra pieces I don't want. Always manage to get nice sets in sales - recently bought a Laura Ashley king-size duvet cover and pillowcases for around £60.

Hate to break it to you but those candy-striped sheets have been in for a few years - Cath Kidston does a nice line in them and I even saw a pink candlewick bedspread for sale in a home magazine not so long ago!! We still have an original one in our shed which we used for picnics but now gets used for during creosoting ;)

I did smile when kelly started the tsv hour by saying something like her 'philosophy' was whites and taupes but we had wanted colour so that's why they have the blue.

Tut tut ... And after all those clips with her saying she promised when she came to QVC not to change her 'philosophy'.

I did smile when kelly started the tsv hour by saying something like her 'philosophy' was whites and taupes but we had wanted colour so that's why they have the blue.

Tut tut ... And after all those clips with her saying she promised when she came to QVC not to change her 'philosophy'.

Surely the only philosophy a brand has in going to QVC is to sell lots of their products and earn lots of money?

The last time (before this) Kelly was on, she made it sound like a battle of wills between her and QVC. They insisted on colour, and she refused to go beyond the neutral version of colour (the celadon, blush, powder blue, silver) when making a concession.

I think more to the point is that it sometimes appear that the taupe in one set is not the same as taupe in another. In any other range, that would result in a new name for the colour, but because Kelly is the godmother of taupe it is always called taupe.

That overlapping rainbow shape was a popular pattern in artex ceilings back in the day...our Kell probably got her inspiration from that! It was also available in an anaglypta wall paper in the early 80s (ex hubby had a wallpaper business). What a style icon she is!

I thought the very same. Here's a little blast from the past! Love this advert! Watch out for the wallpaper from 00:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLzpKm3ruZI

My cats could climb any wall in our maisonette right up to the coving if it had a blown vinyl on it, including a massive double stairwell. I'd be sick with fear thinking they'd fall and I had no ladder long enough to reach them from the landings! But they'd stay there a while and then scoot down again when they realised it was a pretty pointless exercise. It didn't stop them doing it almost every day! :sweat::mysmilie_482::mysmilie_482::devil:

Yep ,that's exactly what we had but I think we only had it on the main wall.We thought the pattern all over would be abit much , Thanks for posting.

Latest posts

Back