Ken Paves Hours

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I Love Chocolate

Registered Shopper
This morning I thoroughly enjoyed the Ken Paves hour with Debbie. She was having a whale of a time trying on all the wigs and hairpieces and made it a fun show.

I also like that the models show how easy it is to put in/on themselves (albeit they've been shown how to do it).

I'd like to try a Style-a-Do but can't work out what colour I'd need. My hair is medium brown naturally (not that it's been natural for a l-o-n-g time!) but lightens up considerably between hair appointments. I also have highlights in blonde and copper (high maintenance, moi?!).

Also caught the end of the show with Jill and she too was having a good time.

Now, what I really want to see is Jilly Halliday trying the items on in the 9pm hour.

Do you think she will?

I have also enjoyed the shows however i think they are poor at showing the colours. They need to hold the hairpieces to camera not just show the picture slide whith colours on.
I would not have a clue what colour to order. I have dark red hair, the red/blonde is too strawberry :wonder: given up trying to work it out.

Jill Franks looked like she had something hairy hitching a ride on the back of her head...it looked ridiculous on her.
Some of the pieces look ok, but not many imho!!

Lastnight Julia was sporting some long Kate Middleton style tresses under her own hair - just looked awful, but I think that was partly because the colour didn't match :talking:

i think they are poor at showing the colours. They need to hold the hairpieces to camera not just show the picture slide whith colours on.

IW are great showing the actual hairpieces to camera, Q are ridiculous showing stills, all the dark colours look exactly the same. :down: :down: :down:

I've been thinking of getting one of those dog-do, scooby-do, or whatever it's called, fake ponytail thingy's but in the demo's the 'hair' looks rather shiny, like fake nylon extentions. Does anyone have one? Do they look any better in the flesh and are they any good? TIA.

I couldnt resist - i have ordered the scrunchie thing but i had no sooner done that when i saw the dark blond in another style and it looked totally different!

I fancy one of the hair band peices but i want to find a colour match first

Even tho they go on about 12 colour mixes in each piece there still seems to me to be a prob with matching to your own. Some def looked like pieces next to models own hair no matter how brushed through, poss cos of shine as OP mentioned as well as colour. Maybe darker pieces fair better. Maybe studio lights are too intense and daylight and norm lighting is kinder IRL?

Just seen Jilly. She DID put the really short wig on. Good on her. She looks great but she would NEVER cut it that short. She said she's never had short hair so I guess she must have grown it all her life. Bit of a shame really - everyone has to have a photo of a disastrous haircut to look back on - we all have them :)

Last edited:
I saw the show with JF and they had a good laugh,she looked ok with the one on with the headband in it
she was having a great time

Latest posts

Back