Kim & Co Brazil Knit Twist Bust Printed Maxi Dress 09/06/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The last (and only) time I was an XS with a 33" bust was 1963 when I was 15 !!! oh happy days when I stuck hankies down my bra !

The last (and only) time I was an XS with a 33" bust was 1963 when I was 15 !!! oh happy days when I stuck hankies down my bra !

Well at least Kim is including me in the sizes this time. In my experience QVC doesn't in general include me as a 'real' woman! Size small in Kim and co generally drowns me and I'm pretty much a standard size 10 on the High street. All I need now is for the petite sizes she did to return (unlikely I know) as I'm only 5 feet tall and can no longer wear towering heels to take up the length of maxi dresses. Loved the hanky bra comment, made me laugh as I remember it well!

I like the duck egg and the black but have no idea when I would wear them.Summer hasn't really got started and I'm not sure it's going to anytime soon.!

I've never ordered Kim & Co before, mainly because I'm not sure of her sizes - but I really like the TSV dresses.
How do her sizes equate, are they true to the measurements given? I usually buy size 18 tops as I have quite broad shoulders.... which seems to be 2XL, whereas I'd usually order just an XL?
Thanks guys :)

Unless you like skin-tight, I'd say 2XL would be fine for a size 18. I find Kim's sizes are on the small side unless you want the Julia Roberts look and recently they seem to have been skimping slightly. I'm a 14-16 and I wear XL to be comfortable.

I'm pleased she's starting with stripes now. I liked the navy stripe top but it could have been a bit more shaped. I'm bored with florals and jazzy prints.

I do quite like this and think it would be lovely for holidays however it will be far too long for me. Jilly looked nice till she messed about with the shrug and said you can wear it as an off the shoulder look, it looked ridiculous.

What's the Brazil knit fabric like. Is that her original almost like a fine rib? I bought last year's TSV maxi and that was/is lovely. The only other things I have from Kim are a couple of crepe dresses and her "denim" leggings. I did buy some trousers in that fine rib fabric and sent them back because they were far too big but I actually didn't like the feel of the fabric.

If it helps any with sizing I'm a 20 top and I can fit the 2xl but I prefer the 3xl. I'm an 18 bottom and order an XL in the leggings but I have also had one pair in large. For some reason I find her leggings more generous than her dresses and tops.

I'm not a fan of Kim's clothes, same old same old to me and I find them quite expensive. I bought a few items from Ideal World over the past couple of months and I've got to say, I'm impressed with the quality, design and mostly the price, (I don't watch IW just caught a glimpse of the fashion with Loen) but obviously each to their own we all like different things...........oh oh ohhhh.

Sorry but for the price (£45 with p and p) I don`t think it`s anything different than any other stretchy printed polyester empire style maxi dress you can find in many other shops or online stores and for less money and in nicer prints.
Lately a lot of online and bricks and mortar shops have had really good reductions on many of their maxi dresses, probably because the supposed heatwave hasn`t yet appeared. I`ve just ordered one from Roman Originals which was originally £50, now reduced to £30 and I found a voucher code for another 10% discount and it was free p and p and free returns. Q need to start looking around and comparing prices and styles IMO.

tbh the chances are you can buy this on e-bay in a few weeks cheaper

I'd say order one from QVC today to check for size, length etc and then start looking on ebay before your 30 MBG is up and see if you can get one cheaper (allowing for lots p&p to and from QVC if you do this). Once you know your size Kim's clothes are consistent, and she's pretty good at explaining if the fit is different on certain items.

I agree that these type of dresses can be found cheaper on the high street, but I find Kim & Co clothes wear and wash really well - they don't seem to lose colour, shape or size and will look as good as new for years.
Many high street clothes tend to fade, stretch out of proportion and bobble in just a few wears.
So in my opinion, this is money well spent in the long run

Hi Tinkywinky150 and welcome to the mad house! I'd agree, Kim's fabrics are colour fast and never shrink (touch wood. ) I have a drawer full of her original viscose slinky camisoles and sleeveless tops because I wear one virtually every day. Some of them must be 15+ years old.

Hello Tinkywinky and welcome. I have a few Kim and Co dresses and they wash really well and the colours do not fade. I am tempted by the black multi, but am trying to resist as I have just bought some dresses from Debenhams in their sale.

I agree that these type of dresses can be found cheaper on the high street, but I find Kim & Co clothes wear and wash really well - they don't seem to lose colour, shape or size and will look as good as new for years.
Many high street clothes tend to fade, stretch out of proportion and bobble in just a few wears.
So in my opinion, this is money well spent in the long run
Welcome Tinkywinky, hope you enjoy posting here. I agree about the quality of Kim's clothes, I have some tops and skirts from 5 to 10 years ago that are still going strong. I hate it when I buy something that I really like to find it goes out of shape or pills after a few washes and this has never happened with Kim and co. I don't like some of Kim's wild and wacky prints, but do like some of the softer florals she does. I've ordered the aqua option of the TSV in XS and matching scarf, so hope it fits. I know I will probably have to turn up the hem as I'm a bit of a midget but I'm used to that! Were you tempted to order anything today?

Oh don't please! You've just brought back the most horrible memory of when I was 15 and bust-less. I "borrowed" one of my mum's circle stitched bras (she didn't have much of a bust either) and it was huge on me. I stuck a few of her chiffon scarves inside and thought I looked wonderful. Went to a youth club dance and caught the eye(!) of a boy I'd fancied for months and he asked me to dance with him. Unfortunately, it was a slow one and as he held me tight my boobs got crushed. When he pulled away they were completely dented and as they sprang back into action they made a kind of "fop" noise. He never looked at me again. Now I'm going to hide in a corner and sob.

I like the prints but the neckline puts me off as everyone looks quite busty in them! The straps look too wide for my liking. I don't want to look any bigger thank you very much! :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back