Kim & Co TSV 15/05/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I always wash on 30 degrees. It is Brazil Jersey
So do I but for "cold" I understood they meant the cool cycle for delicates. They should be more specific. After all, is 30 cold but 40 hot or what?

Good grief!
How the heck do you get into it? That neck opening doesn’t look very big to pull up over your hips, imagine wanting to go to the loo when you’re out & about.
I notice the models all have long hair or a cardigan to cover up that awful tie at the back of the neck which I suppose is what’s going to give you enough room to climb in & out of the thing. Wouldn’t want to be desperate for a wee!
What a monstrosity of a sack.
Another jump suit. And an ugly one. One of the presenters said to be careful when you go to the lav because when you pull the jump suit down, the ties at the back of the neck will dangle into the lavatory pan.

Well I rather like it, well only in the olive, the navy blue and the black and white are quite innocuous but the other colourways are pretty hideous. I looked at the presentation and it looked terrible on Claire, all the fabric had collected round her "ladies area" and when she turned around you could see why because the rest of it had been swallowed up by her backside! She got away with the plain navy though. I would be happy to wear it, but it's too expensive and cold wash only - sod that!

I wash on 30C too. I started when the utility prices shot up and, because the clothes etc looked no different to when the temperature was higher, I’ve continued to do so even though the prices have come down a bit ….. for now.

Another jump suit. And an ugly one. One of the presenters said to be careful when you go to the lav because when you pull the jump suit down, the ties at the back of the neck will dangle into the lavatory pan.
Well, why didn’t they say sooner…..if I’d known that, I’d have bought one. Sadly my size has gone now….

So do I but for "cold" I understood they meant the cool cycle for delicates. They should be more specific. After all, is 30 cold but 40 hot or what?
Everything goes in the wash at 30. Even hubby's gardening stuff comes out clean.

I wash on 30C too. I started when the utility prices shot up and, because the clothes etc looked no different to when the temperature was higher, I’ve continued to do so even though the prices have come down a bit ….. for now.
I've washed at 30 for years.

I washed at 20C for a long while because some expert or other said you save money, even though it's in the machine for 2 hours, but I couldn't stand the machine being on so long so my wash cycle went up to a boiling 30C which is how I wash now. I wonder if Kim means 20C or below? To me, that's a cold wash.

May I ask what washing powder/liquid you use as I find nothing comes out clean at 30.

Please don't say Fairy :LOL:

CC
I use a 30% wash 99% of the time cc on a 59 min wash. We have very hard water so I use soda crystals in every wash and ariel liquid and have never had a problem. If anything is really stained I add vanish, or the pink brand equivalent, and it seems to get everything out.

Does anyone use the Echo Egg (sp?) for their laundry. Is it any good?
Yes I use Ecoegg. I live in a hard water area so actually use two eggs for larger load all on 30degree washes. Nothing I wash is heavily dirty though. I alternate with soap nuts, which I buy from Amazon. A kilo bag lasts me about a year to eighteen months.

I usually use either the 45 or 60 minute cycle, and also the 1 hour 15 minute mixed load cycle. I have very sensitive skin and find both above types much better than regular powders/liquids. Do use a biological liquid though for my tea towels and aprons as they don’t touch my skin.

Yes I use Ecoegg. I live in a hard water area so actually use two eggs for larger load all on 30degree washes. Nothing I wash is heavily dirty though. I alternate with soap nuts, which I buy from Amazon. A kilo bag lasts me about a year to eighteen months.

I usually use either the 45 or 60 minute cycle, and also the 1 hour 15 minute mixed load cycle. I have very sensitive skin and find both above types much better than regular powders/liquids. Do use a biological liquid though for my tea towels and aprons as they don’t touch my skin.
Thank you. I've been debating whether to buy the Eccoeggs. Now, I will. I'll also look out for soap nuts on Amazon. Thank you, again.

Does anyone use the laundry nuts? Thx

May I ask what washing powder/liquid you use as I find nothing comes out clean at 30.

Please don't say Fairy :LOL:

CC
I wash at 30 on a quick wash cycle using anything that's on offer. It's usually supermarket own brand and never had a problem. Just washed hubby's joggers he managed to get some mud on and they're clean.

Thanks all, I'll give Ariel a try. I'm sure I've used it before and wasn't impressed (at the price or performance) but I'll persevere. It doesn't help that Mr CC likes curry and spaghetti and likes to chuck half of it down the white shirts he insists on wearing :rolleyes:

CC

I used to use either Ariel or Bold powder, but a few years ago, moved over to Tesco own brand Bio laundry liquid bc thought it would dissolve better and is cheaper.

It’s got a green top - don’t rate the ‘colour’ one which has purple lid…

Not looked back since!

Use at 30c occasionally 40c and mostly on 45m wash. Have even used the 15m wash on occasion!!

It’s really reasonable, dissolves well, removes stains (use some Vanish powder or bar if something is really bad), and doesn’t irritate my (sensitive) skin!

I was always told to use non-bio for my skin but it made it worse?! 🤷‍♀️

Thanks all, I'll give Ariel a try. I'm sure I've used it before and wasn't impressed (at the price or performance) but I'll persevere. It doesn't help that Mr CC likes curry and spaghetti and likes to chuck half of it down the white shirts he insists on wearing :rolleyes:

CC
There you go…..

Latest posts

Back