kimbie / Gem Auras

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ant7t

Registered Shopper
I miss Gem Auras. Although long term, it got very airy-fairy: even if you believe in that kinda thing (so not rubbishing it for those that do). But, it outshines Kimbie by a long stretch. It had / has an air of sophistication, over an air of cheap and cheerful with 'high emphasis' on Cheap.

Maybe it's the way Gem Auras was marketed then?

Possibly. The problem with 'Kimbie' is that they seem to have chucked everything 'non-jewellery' under that name - so you've got half decent candles and reed diffusers under the same brand as cheap Chinese slippers and carved dyed Amazonite donkeys with a wonky leg.

I miss Gem Auras. Although long term, it got very airy-fairy: even if you believe in that kinda thing (so not rubbishing it for those that do). But, it outshines Kimbie by a long stretch. It had / has an air of sophistication, over an air of cheap and cheerful with 'high emphasis' on Cheap.
You do know Gem Auras is still going, just with a name change......

You do know Gem Auras is still going, just with a name change......

Boom! 💣💥💥💥

I'm not into candles particularly but I did buy the Gem Auras coffee cup one. Came in a lovely box, was a clear glass, round mug and had a little wooden spoon. An absolutely perfect Christmas present.

This Lunar one, with the little Howlite moon, is fab too! I'm half tempted!

Attachments

• Untitled_design_37.png
    Untitled_design_37.png
    377.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 429773003_829953915557936_3008263475955688968_n.jpg
    429773003_829953915557936_3008263475955688968_n.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 0
I always liked Janey’s diffusers. The scent lasted a longtime and were good value for money. Not so much the candles, I waited a whole year for the Tanzanite one and the coating came away from the glass!

I really liked the springtime fragrance and bought the candle, reed diffuser and even the room spray, the reed diffuser was best. I wasn't bothered about all the crystal and chakra stuff though

Possibly. The problem with 'Kimbie' is that they seem to have chucked everything 'non-jewellery' under that name - so you've got half decent candles and reed diffusers under the same brand as cheap Chinese slippers and carved dyed Amazonite donkeys with a wonky leg.
I quite like that, in a perverse way. It's a Kimbie show, which means it's pot luck what gets shown on screen.

It's even funnier when you have a presenter going from bigging up an allegedly rare and luxurious (sorry "luxury") range or wheel of jewellery with loads of superlatives and comparisons to the Koh-i-Noor or whatever, to desperately trying to make overpriced plastic bags and tatty nick-nacks sound like an attractive purchase.

TJC has managed to incorporate non-jewellery ranges with far less awkwardness. Visage is the exception in doing well on Gemporia, but that's down to Kati Elliott knowing her range and being able to explain it. Compare and contrast to Hattie's supposed Destello range, where she struggled to discuss anything she supposedly designed with any clarity or consistency.

Latest posts

Back