Do you miss King Kev ?

• YES

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • NO

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • I WANT IGOR !

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
Simple Poll for the greatest expert I have seen on shopping telly. Just such a likeable guy as he comes across

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 19.26.18.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 19.26.18.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 10
This is a hard one, while he may be a likeable enough guy and gave more details than others, he certainly wasn't a watch expert and although in his early years on IW he was one of the better watch guests towards the end of the old IW he went downhill, almost like he had given up and joined the other pretendy 'watch Experts' in spouting bullshit & nonsense.
The closest to an actual 'watch expert' on IW was Bordell, but any knowledge he had was negateted by being the biggest rogue out of the lot of them.

This is a hard one, while he may be a likeable enough guy and gave more details than others, he certainly wasn't a watch expert and although in his early years on IW he was one of the better watch guests towards the end of the old IW he went downhill, almost like he had given up and joined the other pretendy 'watch Experts' in spouting bullshit & nonsense.
The closest to an actual 'watch expert' on IW was Bordell, but any knowledge he had was negateted by being the biggest rogue out of the lot of them.

oh indeed but on a channel such as IW being likeable is the first key to sell to people. I guess he is not back simply because of course they did not sell ? However I just liked him and could watch him spout the nonsense and dragged me in !! However of course never brought them !!

oh indeed but on a channel such as IW being likeable is the first key to sell to people. I guess he is not back simply because of course they did not sell ? However I just liked him and could watch him spout the nonsense and dragged me in !! However of course never brought them !!
Yeah he was of the more likeable, some of the other watch folk are just detestable shysters, think they did sell, maybe not huge amounts but they do sell, more of a niche brand rather than suiting the everyday watch wearer, definately not for folks with smaller wrists. :ROFLMAO:

The Vostok Europe watches are still sold by Create and Craft and of course he's appeared on Shop on TV, and the web site/business which his Kids run from the same premisise as his own Watchbase company.

Maybe the format at IW isn't suitable for him or he has enough on his plate with the other places at the moment, maybe with the new studios and a better web site it may change, although he is 67 so may be thinking of taking it easy and retiring at some point and leaving the watch business to his kids to run.

I did view his shows, never bought anything. Just liked to see what they offered. Did come across as fairly likeable it has to be said and I'd often realise 30 mins or more had shot past.

Jonathan Bordell drove me nuts with the constant use of the word - there.

Looked like he’d had forcible surgery to have his thereducts removed the last time old Upside Down Head Two rocked up for another defunct department store Chinese watch extravaganza a few weeks back on Drones On On TV. Never heard him say the dreaded ‘T’ word once in at least the eight seconds I WATCHed him for.

The one (well, two) old Ideal World watch experts I could tolerate were a bloke called Neil who did some Swiss watches shows. And also the Accurist chap they used to have on. Seemed decent honest people, telling it is, in the main..spring..

Latest posts

Back