Kinkycade

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Muttley, I couldn't agree more. They give me the creeps, too. And you know the old saying about there being 3 kinds of lies....lies, damn lies and statistics. Hmmm.....

Yeah it's as the old saying goes...........men come in three sizes, small, medium and liar (yes PP I'm talking to you). :grin:

Oooer - another Pope Peter masterclass in portentious delivery over a muted, funereal soundtrack.

He's rabbiting on about how collectable it is, and how you must put it on your home insurance. He manages to talk at an even slower pace than QVC's Charlie Brook. Special bowtie for the event too. How he's spoiling us.

I can't bear to watch the Kinkade shows. The 'art' is just commercial rubbish and Pope Pete, out of all the presentations he does, this one just makes my skin crawl and sick well up from my stomach.

Interesting to see "the expert " was the guy who does the vacuum cleaners is an actor who i recall seeing in an episode of silent witness in the last series but i guess they have to work when there is no work if you know what i mean

I can't bear to watch the Kinkade shows. The 'art' is just commercial rubbish and Pope Pete, out of all the presentations he does, this one just makes my skin crawl and sick well up from my stomach.

Agreed! They're only prints aren't they? The way PS spins it you'd be forgiven in thinking he's flogging a Picasso............if PS sold one of those though, it would undoubtedly be a Pickarseoh from down the local market.

flicking through channels last night i caught PS on talking complete and utter b******s about TKs pictures standing there almost praying then listening to his guest saying, in this picture you can see the fisherman coming home to his little cottage eh well no its actually a log cabin,it is amazing how i was captivated watching complete and utter c**p no wonder they sell stuff on shopping channels.

As Mossie says, you find yourself watching it, even though it's a load of c$$p telly. I find my jaw drops practically to my feet at the sight of Pope Pete making such a (fill in the appropriate word) of himself. This fake piousness he puts on, and then in the next hour it's back to innuendo and smirks at the camera......cut out the middleman and go direct to Ebay where you'll find any number of Kinkycade's for peanuts. How they have the nerve to imply that you should "put them on your household insurance"......my husband (who worked in insurance) fell to the floor laughing....he reckons you might just as well add a £1 toilet brush bought from Poundland. I wonder if Pope Pete is aware that under most household insurance policies you cannot make a claim for things with a value below a certain amount....and I think £2.50 might come under that heading...

Last edited:
flicking through channels last night i caught PS on talking complete and utter b******s about TKs pictures standing there almost praying then listening to his guest saying, in this picture you can see the fisherman coming home to his little cottage eh well no its actually a log cabin,it is amazing how i was captivated watching complete and utter c**p no wonder they sell stuff on shopping channels.

I really dislike it when he invokes all that faux religious/spiritual bs. It's insincere and a cynical way to sell a product. I always imagine him wearing a nuns habit, saying prayers and making signs of the cross over that tat.

I watched a few episodes of Hi De Hi recently. Seeing Paul Shane's character of Ted Bovis reminded me of a certain Ideal World presenter. Now who could it be? A washed-up entertainer who thinks he's funnier than he is, always on the fiddle and conning the campers with petty swindles while maintaining he's their friend, using a routine that combines crude vulgarity with cringeworthy false sincerity. Hmm, I wonder....

All together now, "How do you solve a problem like Mariaaaa.....?" Cue: procession of nuns from "The Sound of Music" with Pope Pete at the front.....Greg, you must have had this picture in your mind when you posted, surely! I keep waiting for a thunderbolt to strike when he comes all that faux religious-and-deeply-spiritual phony act....

I really dislike it when he invokes all that faux religious/spiritual bs. It's insincere and a cynical way to sell a product. I always imagine him wearing a nuns habit, saying prayers and making signs of the cross over that tat.

Haha historymystery! Or perhaps it's Sister Act - the drag queen version. Pope Pete, Howard would be there as the farting Mother Superior, constantly soiling her britches and Barra Boi, the ex-convict cockerney wheeler-dealer clown...

I am deeply upset. I have gone away for a week's holiday in Weymouth and the television can't receive any shopping channels! OMG a whole week without the usual suspects. I will have to keep reading my fellow forumites hilarious comments to stop me getting withdrawal symptoms!

I am deeply upset. I have gone away for a week's holiday in Weymouth and the television can't receive any shopping channels! OMG a whole week without the usual suspects. I will have to keep reading my fellow forumites hilarious comments to stop me getting withdrawal symptoms!

Now now Mutters - do you mean to say you went to Weymouth without you TV Dongle? How could you?

Agreed! Seen a you tube clip of Barra Boi selling the pieces of glass and oh my word, just one word that sums the whole thing up.........insane!

Greg, early morning and I'm already laughing my socks off at the image in your post! Yes, there's got to be a re-make of Sister Act surely? With the Pope, Hysterical Howard (the dynamic duo shopperholic has re-named Poward) and Del Boy Mikey we've got the cast list. The Pope would surely be in his element spouting his spiritual "message" to the accompaniment of 'noises off' from the exploding "Mother" Superior, probably carrying his Nutribullet.
Haha historymystery! Or perhaps it's Sister Act - the drag queen version. Pope Pete, Howard would be there as the farting Mother Superior, constantly soiling her britches and Barra Boi, the ex-convict cockerney wheeler-dealer clown...

Latest posts

Back