Kipling prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The last Kipling bag I bought was also from eBay… it was the Tommy, which was supposed to be similar to the Defea…. I paid £25 I think, and got the khaki colour which is gorgeous.
It looks lovely but it’s all just ….wrong.
The handle and the strap doesn’t work for me, so fine I can just use the handles.
The back zip pocket is small, and the lining isn’t secured, so every time I pull my phone out, the lining comes with it.
The only two outside pockets are small and awkward and the key fob inside the bag is sewn at a weird angle which makes it impossible to use.
It was great for hospital appointments last summer. Help my knitting, kindle, purse and a drink. But poor design and certainly not worth more than the £25 I paid for it.

My day to day bag is a Syro. Brilliant organisation, well made and all the pockets are really useful.

Was that Vente Prive ? I too bought loads of great K bags, and none were more than £20. I even bought several purses at around the £6 mark, and the prints and styles were European designs, not the bland 'made for QVC' stuff.
I can’t understand the awful colours and patterns on QVC … and the styles … nothing special conserving exclusiveness lol

I have loads of Kipling bags, all bought from Kipling on line and most of them never used. I did sell a leather one on eBay and a certain QVC BA who presents DIY stuff bought it. I would never buy any of the "made for QVC" items.

The patterns on some of the Kipling bags are mad! Beach bag designs, not suitable for every day wear. The black one I bought a year or so ago is not as durable as I thought. The long zip at the back has broken. There are lots of other pockets on the bag, but even so, Kipling pride themselves on their strong zips.

Watching Kipling sale … I’m having a good laugh … the prices even with the 20% sale are stupid imho … Awful prints mostly … 🤷🏻‍♀️ Marie francoise hadn’t done her homework and didn’t even know the name of one of them … A Place In The Sun it is then lol 😂
I don't see the fuss about Kipling bags, yes a fabric handbag can be useful if you want something really casual for holidays and dress down days, but the prices are ludicrous. I bought my son a kipling-esque backpack for school many moons ago, and it cost a tenner and it lasted well, had I bought the same from Kipling, they'd have wanted about £60 for it. I bought myself a Kipling bag for my holiday last year using staff discount, thought it would be good for the beach/shopping/sightseeing etc and I have to say it's the most annoying bag I've ever had, too many zips and compartments couldn't find anything in it. Glad I didn't pay a lot for it, I've thrown it into the cupboard in the attic and I doubt whether it'll see the light of day again. I shall get around to donating it at some stage

Way back I liked Kipling and bought quite a few, now the prices are way OTT for what they are.Bog standard fabric colours and prints.The last one I bought was several years ago in a Kipling shop abroad.It is a satin fabric with lots of weighty metal trims.It is great to use, small but holds loads, yet I know I did pay over the odds for it!

I have three Kipling named Donna, they seem were for the US market as I bought on eBay way back. Fabric thick with leather trims and the monkey is leather flat but the arms move. One is navy with brown and the other dark turq with purple, a larger one which is black with red leather trim.

The only reason I bought recently was because of awful sciatica and told to get a cross body bag as I had to use a stick for months. Otherwise, I don't go for Kipling now.

I have three Kipling bags which I use very occasionally when going shopping or if the weather is bad and I don’t want to risk ruining leather! One is black and one blue so they don’t look garish and the camo one is for local shopping jaunts! The prices amaze me but I got mine from Amazon and Kipling online at good sale prices. The one thing I really do like about them is the length of the strap as I am quite tall and quite big sadly, so a lot of cross body bags are way too short for me. I don’t think I would buy any more but these are a good standby.

Was that Vente Prive ? I too bought loads of great K bags, and none were more than £20. I even bought several purses at around the £6 mark, and the prints and styles were European designs, not the bland 'made for QVC' stuff.
Yes, it was. It's a shame that they stopped shipping to the UK as I usually bought something every time they had a sale.

Yes, it was. It's a shame that they stopped shipping to the UK as I usually bought something every time they had a sale.
I used to buy Kipling from the VP sales regularly, including a ginormous suitcase for £28 and no I haven’t missed a 1 from off that price.
It’s massive (and pale purple) and has been in the loft ever since, heaven knows when, if ever, it will be used. But it was £28. It had to be had.🙄
I also picked up some more sensible sized (and coloured) luggage, all in regular use and showing no signs of wearing out any time soon.

Latest posts

Back