Kitchenaid

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Capirossi

Guest Shopper
Did anyone else hear that?! After Alison said goodbye and the music started, someone shouted "we're clear!" then someone else (sounded like Alison) said "5 grand over target". Wow!!! I wonder what the target actually was? No wonder they do the hard sell!! I love these little glimpses into what goes on behind the scene...:p

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I missed that, had just turned over to nigella after being inspired by the kitchenaid demo! The guest did a really good job with the demo, with a lot of baking tips thrown in. Does anyone have a kitchenaid classic? Reading some reviews both qvc and elsewhere it does get overwhelmingly positive reviews, but any negative points seem to relate to the beater not quite getting to all the ingredients in the bowl so leaving a bit unmixed at the bottom. Has anyone on here found that and if so how much of annoyance is it? Ive read the artisan doesnt have that issue.

What an insight! They don't care about me after all, they just want my money :sad:
I'm gutted

Reminiscent of when Kelly Hoppen first appeared, she was heard to say " another 60 grand".

No wonder DF wants us to buy for the whole street when there are targets to meet.

Just goes to show that presenters make out they are down to earth but they are just there to get us to part with our hard earned cash.

All of it, from the friendly, sharing photos blogs to the "join me on twitter" is just a way to make the viewer feel part of a club and part with cash. End of.

I missed that, had just turned over to nigella after being inspired by the kitchenaid demo! The guest did a really good job with the demo, with a lot of baking tips thrown in. Does anyone have a kitchenaid classic? Reading some reviews both qvc and elsewhere it does get overwhelmingly positive reviews, but any negative points seem to relate to the beater not quite getting to all the ingredients in the bowl so leaving a bit unmixed at the bottom. Has anyone on here found that and if so how much of annoyance is it? Ive read the artisan doesnt have that issue.

I've got the classic, not from Q I hasten to add. Was lucky to get it on an Amazon black friday deal a couple of years ago, or I could never have afforded it.
It is annoying when you have to stop the machine and rescrape the bowl, I'm hoping to get the beater with the silicone edge to it at some point to see if it will help.

I've got the classic, not from Q I hasten to add. Was lucky to get it on an Amazon black friday deal a couple of years ago, or I could never have afforded it.
It is annoying when you have to stop the machine and rescrape the bowl, I'm hoping to get the beater with the silicone edge to it at some point to see if it will help.

Thanks Primrose1, that's helpful. I'd been researching the KitchenAid with a view to perhaps buying one when there's an offer on (not necessarily QVC) or suggesting as a combined birthday/christmas/anniversary present at some point. There's no denying they're expensive machines and I wouldn't want to shell out for one only to be frustrated with it. I've seen other online reviewers recommending the silicone beater you mention. I haven't come across any reviewers of the Artisan model mention having to rescrape the bowl.

You're welcome spartacus! I thought I should add that, despite that, I do use it all the time and wouldn't be without it now. It use the dough hook loads to make bread and rolls which doesn't cause a problem.

I have the silicone edge beater attachment. It cost about £30 but I use it all the time with my KitchenAid. It scrapes better but not entirely. I still need to use a spatula to scrape the bottom off and then re-beat.

I have the silicone edge beater attachment. It cost about £30 but I use it all the time with my KitchenAid. It scrapes better but not entirely. I still need to use a spatula to scrape the bottom off and then re-beat.

Sounds painful :giggle:

There's supposed to be a French website that sells them cheaply.

I bought mine as a "second" from a Belgian EBay seller. I have a Candy Apple KitchenAid Artisan and it has a couple of marks, barely noticeable, which is why it was a "second". Paid £309 including postage from Belgium. Arrived within 3 days. KitchenAid Europe is based in Belgium so I guess mine probably came direct from KitchenAid. Great but though considering the normal RRP.

i have a kenwood chef titanium and it came with the scilicon k beater but i dont find it helps a great deal. usually not having enough ingredients in the bowl makes a lot of difference to having to scrape down all the time

Thanks, I will have to get one when the pennies allow. :happy:

I have visited their actual shop when I decided that i 'needed' the ice cream attatchment! Just be aware that it can be a very expensive place as there is way too much nice kitchen stuff in there (and a Seasalt concession)! The website is just as tempting. :happy:
Oh, and did I mention the Olives et al factory shop down the road from there? :wink:

Thanks everyone for their feedback on their KitchenAid. Based on everyone's comments I think if I do splash out on a KitchenAid I'll go for the Classic rather than the Artisan (I'd wondered if the Artisan's extra cost eliminated the need for scraping out, but that doesn't seem to be the case), potentially from the Hartsofstur website as they seem to offer the best price.

Latest posts

Back