Kuhn Rikon Swiss Pull Chopper TSV 02/06/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

How on earth are they going to justify this being a TSV??

It's something that has been to air many times before. I've no issue with the product, but what are they going to lob in with it to make it a "bundle" for the day? I can't see that a cookery book is enough... Or is that just me??

How on earth are they going to justify this being a TSV??

It's something that has been to air many times before. I've no issue with the product, but what are they going to lob in with it to make it a "bundle" for the day? I can't see that a cookery book is enough... Or is that just me??

No it's not just you! I bought mine for 99p plus p&p new from eBay and although I quite like it, it's a strange tsv especially as I thought it was discontiuned because it had disappeared from the qvc website when I was looking for reviews...
And I have one major bug bear with it, which prevents me using it very often, in that the lid cannot be submerged in water for washing up or cleaning (ie wipe only which is madness when you've had onions and garlic in it!)...

I do like the Kuhn Rikon guest though, he's a fun chap!

Does it chop hard veggies ? because a lot of these 'choppers' are ok for tomatoes, onions, cucumbers and carrots, (as I've known to my cost), but when I try to chop/cube root veggies like swede, turnip, parsnips etc then they are hopeless, and for me a waste of money.

I have one and carrots are a biit of a challenge for it. It likes onion, cucumbers, cabbage, courgettes. It doesn't work too well with tomatoes. I like it because it is compact and easier to get the chopped stuff out from than using the vitamix

Kuhn Rikon Pull & Chop Food Chopper
Item Number: 803899
QVC Price £24.00
Today's Special Value Price £19.92
P&P £3.95

This multi-purpose food preparation tool allows coarse, medium or fine cutting of all vegetables, herbs and spices, as well as meat, fish, cheese and even nuts, with a simple but effective pull cord that powers the inner blades. From pesto to pate and sauces to salsa, the Kuhn Rikon Pull & Chop can chop, dice, puree and more with speed, ease, and tidiness too!

Now even better - with double blades for better chopping and a new, larger capacity design, the improved Pull & Chop can make more of the recipes you love, faster than ever before; and it's only available at QVC.

Less mess - fed up of the chaos that can be caused by cooking? Well make food preparation far less untidy by doing it in this compact and easy-to-clean gadget that's ready to use in seconds.

Handy storage - the sealable lid allows you to safely store or refrigerate your food inside the container, saving you even more time.

What can I use it for? Fruit puree, pizza toppings, garlic butter, onion bhajis, vegetable dishes, breadcrumbs, stuffing, nut roast, tabbouleh salad, granola, hummus, pesto, the list goes on.

Always store the blade in the protective sheath when not in use
Container is microwave and dishwasher safe, although hand washing is recommended
Blades are hand wash only
Chopper: (h x w): 11.5cm x 12.5cm (4.5" x 4.9")

Colour options:

Black
Red
Green
Blue
Purple

How to use:

It's easy! First just pop your ingredient/s into the container
Replace lid securely and now the fun part - pull the cord
A couple of pulls results in coarse cutting - the more you pull the finer the cut
As a rough guide, coarse to medium chopped food requires 5 - 6 pulls, medium to fine requires 7 - 12, fine to very finely chopped needs 13 - 20 and to make a puree, pull approximately 20 times
When you're finished make sure to be careful when removing the contents, the blades are extremely sharp

Behind the brand
Kuhn Rikon is a Swiss company that has manufactured fine quality cookware products, handy kitchen gadgets and utensils for everyday use for more than 75 years. With an enviable reputation for uncompromising quality, the brand is recognised throughout the world for its durability, style and superb craftsmanship.

All measurements are approximate

Err not special value. I paid £17.40 for it on 20/01/2015 though I paid £4.95 postage instead of £3.95.

Amazon have something extremely similar for £12.99. I haven't tried it though or the Kuhn Rikon so I can't comment on performance. Morrisons also had something like this for £4, although it was smaller, but it would probably only chop the softer things at that price. Depends what you want it for. I use my Ninja for chopping but you do need to plug it in.

CC

Sorry, but I just don't get it...... it looks like something you'd find in a 99p shop and it's clearly not that great as the guest was having trouble making it work.... the price is outrageous!

I'm always interested in these choppers. I currently have one from Asda, that is mains powered, however the plastic basket thing has broken so I look at the TSVs. I'm not sure about this one as I don't know how long the pull mechanism will last...

Now don't get me wrong, I like a big chopper the same as the next person, but imagine the repetitive strain injury you'd get form using that, obviously overpriced, thing :mysmilie_14:

Latest posts

Back