Laithwaite's wine

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Ideal for agoraphobic alcoholics, QVC are soon to start flogging Laithwaites wines. How do people feel about alcohol being touted on the telly? Would you purchase wine from QVC? Can you imagine Jill Franks "wining" on about what she likes to serve to her guests and what she chooses when she goes to a restaurant? What "value" do you think QVC will offer over going to Laithwaites direct?

Wouldn't it be great if they got pissed on air?!

I dont think a lot of the presenters drink, I certainly didn't think JF imbibes, I can't see Laithwaites being a better deal on Q than it would be to buy from them direct, not unless you can drink a crate and then send the empties back in the 30 day mbg ��

I dont think a lot of the presenters drink, I certainly didn't think JF imbibes, I can't see Laithwaites being a better deal on Q than it would be to buy from them direct, not unless you can drink a crate and then send the empties back in the 30 day mbg ��

Now there's an idea! I bet anyone who did that would find their account swiftly closed. I don't like alcohol particularly as I find it dehydrating, plus I am regularly driving or flying.

Aldi are always getting there wine recommended and lots of awards,the champagne is excellent really dry & toasty and only a tenner a bottle.:mysmilie_48:

Hey, yes, how would the 30 day MBG work if you'd drunk it all and then decided it was rubbish? Have to try that one :glass:

CC

I thought it was going to be English wine, I didn't realise they were wine merchants. I looked on their website and the difference seems to be the value of the postage as Laithwaites have a high charge to add on top as well. I think the wine looks quite nice and have no problem with them selling it but couldn't bear the agony of waiting for Hermes to deliver at at unknown time. I'd prefer to get some from Ocado!

I shan't watch the shows though. Remember the last lot, those test tubes of wine? I foresee two things happening. 1. We will get someone like Chloe trying to sound all sophisticated about the various notes and coming across as a total plonker. 2. The host will be one of the non-drinkers. I obviously have no problem with people not drinking but I do wish they wouldn't bang on about it, like MeCharlie. Also, didn't JF spit out something containing wine on air?

I have visions of Hermes delivering it and just throwing it over my backgarden gate if I am out at work, so I would come back to a load of smashed glass in the garden and no wine, or leaving it with a neighbour who would forget to tell me it had arrived!

I only buy one bottle of wine that I haven't tried before as some wines are just not to my taste so buying a crate of the stuff would be a complete waste of money. I never buy food drink or perfumes by post as these things are down to personal taste no matter how much the sales person raves about them.

Aldi are always getting there wine recommended and lots of awards,the champagne is excellent really dry & toasty and only a tenner a bottle.:mysmilie_48:

We buy from Aldi and free delivery. You get notified when it is at the depot , then when it is out for delivery. Our Yodel driver is very good and arrives between 2.30 and 3pm .

Ideal for agoraphobic alcoholics, QVC are soon to start flogging Laithwaites wines. How do people feel about alcohol being touted on the telly? Would you purchase wine from QVC? Can you imagine Jill Franks "wining" on about what she likes to serve to her guests and what she chooses when she goes to a restaurant? What "value" do you think QVC will offer over going to Laithwaites direct?

Wouldn't it be great if they got pissed on air?!

I don't think they would be allowed to do full hour shows, but they may come in as part of the 'eat taste love' hours, saying that though Q have done a clothing range (Joules), that is currently webonly, and some offers (certainly in tech) are web-only. No I can see that with regards to Laithwaites and Joules, they may just be 'testing the waters' as Laithwaites is mailorder any way and Joules is a small independent, so I suppose they want to 'expand slowly'. No, it would be unfair anyway to focus on wine for a full hour as this would be irresponsible (even if it shown after the watershed), as it would be like 'open season' for the presenters (how would they get home if they have been 'imbibing' for an hour).

They're copying off Ideal World again, you think QVC would've have learned from their selling cruises and next day delivery disasters amongst others, that they just can't pull it off. Difference with QVC selling wine, like those ridiculous test tube thingies were one test tube equaled a glass but cost the same as a bottle, is they think everything they sell needs to be expensive, even if it can be bought elsewhere cheaper, they need to be expensive. I don't drink so this isn't something I'd even be interested hopping on to have a look at how much Chuntley orgasms over it or Jill Franks loves it or Fibby Flint stocks it in her guest house.

I notice someone said they didn't think many of the presenters drink ermmm don't think that's right, I think they all enjoy a bit of a swallow down the throat.

I can't imagine that Laithwaite's are doing well when they have to resort to the power selling of Q, after all Q reaches audiences in one hour that companies reach in a year, that's what it comes down to, and I don't think they should be selling it anyway. If people want it they know where to go.

Latest posts

Back