Lakeland Selling on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The other thing they used to do not sure if they still do it , if they have not got what you want in store , they will order and deliver it free of charge to home!

Lakeland are wonderful. Their customer service is beyond compare. They will replace anything, sometimes even years after you bought it, if they agree that the item has fallen short of reasonable expectations.
A day trip to their flagship Windermere store is a complete treat for me! I buy from their website regularly, and wouldn't dream of buying my Lakeland products from QVC. I suppose Lakeland are hoping to find new customers, perhaps those who are housebound for some reason and not internet shoppers? (Although, as we power through the second decade of the 21st Century, surely there can't be many people like that left?).

it says in Jackie's blog

"So do join us on Wednesday at 7pm. I’ll have two guests with me – Wendy Miranda, who works closely with Lakeland customers and whose face you may recognise from the Lakeland catalogues if you’re already a customer, and TV chef Stacie Stewart, who was a Masterchef finalist and now pops up on many TV shows including This Morning. It’s going to be a fun hour!"

I'm very surprised that they've decided to sell through QVC.
I have no experience of their mail order or online ordering as I shop at my nearest store which is the one in Windermere, been shopping there for years.
They always seem to do so well with their current set up, shops in other towns now, Internet, I can't see what they have to gain & could lose out with Q's customer service & p&p charges. The car park at Windermere is always busy, even in the depths of winter when there are fewer tourists.

it says in Jackie's blog

"So do join us on Wednesday at 7pm. I’ll have two guests with me – Wendy Miranda, who works closely with Lakeland customers and whose face you may recognise from the Lakeland catalogues if you’re already a customer, and TV chef Stacie Stewart, who was a Masterchef finalist and now pops up on many TV shows including This Morning. It’s going to be a fun hour!"

I don't like Wendy Miranda (the lady who replaced the irreplaceable Michelle Kershaw) but at least she's bonafide Lakeland not some rentagob bland ambassador. And I'm glad it's Jackie Kabler not one of the others.

I hope as a brand awareness exercise it is a positive step for Lakeland, but I think Lakeland will have their work cut out if QVC's delivery falls short of existing customers experience of excellence in customer service.
Lakeland will replace items which are faulty, allow you to return/exchange items, compensate you if the product is not in store or you report a bad/poor experience... I've even been sent vouchers for giving them constructive negative feedback about their flower service, and for using my review of a product in a brochure. You can order off the catalogue instore for either home delivery or collection... I think grovesy is still right, that if you place your order in-store for an item they don't stock you get it delivered free of charge to home or store as you choose.

Lakeland "get" that the customer is central to their business. Would be nice to imagine that this ethos will rub off on QVC... I know, I know... but I can dream!

I don't like Wendy Miranda (the lady who replaced the irreplaceable Michelle Kershaw) but at least she's bonafide Lakeland not some rentagob bland ambassador. And I'm glad it's Jackie Kabler not one of the others.

I hope as a brand awareness exercise it is a positive step for Lakeland, but I think Lakeland will have their work cut out if QVC's delivery falls short of existing customers experience of excellence in customer service.
Lakeland will replace items which are faulty, allow you to return/exchange items, compensate you if the product is not in store or you report a bad/poor experience... I've even been sent vouchers for giving them constructive negative feedback about their flower service, and for using my review of a product in a brochure. You can order off the catalogue instore for either home delivery or collection... I think grovesy is still right, that if you place your order in-store for an item they don't stock you get it delivered free of charge to home or store as you choose.

Lakeland "get" that the customer is central to their business. Would be nice to imagine that this ethos will rub off on QVC... I know, I know... but I can dream!

I think after 20+ years if they were going to put us central to their business they would have before now!

Lakeland is one of these shops when I go in 'I really need---' then before I leave I decide NO I don't need this & that.With QVC I would have clicked at the 'I really need' phase.Having said that when I have bought both in store & on-line the service & delivery is first class (usually free delivery over a certain amount) note to QVC.

i had an item on auto delivery recently and the supplier failed to supply qvc. i got a letter in the post saying that i can wait for it to come back in stock within the 30 days. what they failed to say was that they already have my money and will hold on to it for the 30 days how generous of them. around £140.00. good luck to lakeland:mysmilie_17:

i had an item on auto delivery recently and the supplier failed to supply qvc. i got a letter in the post saying that i can wait for it to come back in stock within the 30 days. what they failed to say was that they already have my money and will hold on to it for the 30 days how generous of them. around £140.00. good luck to lakeland:mysmilie_17:

Outrageous! But they could never cope with refunding you now and then charging you again if and only if the item came back in stock, even though that would be the obvious, fair thing to do.

just ordered a piece of kipling luggage at a daft price of £35 then realised it wont come in time. phoned amazon to cancel and they are offering me the express delivery for free..beat that qvc

just ordered a piece of kipling luggage at a daft price of £35 then realised it wont come in time. phoned amazon to cancel and they are offering me the express delivery for free..beat that qvc

Amazon, best customer service ever. They couldn't deliver a parcel to me once cos there was some access difficulty to my flat (not amazon's fault, it was the flat maintenance company's fault) but amazon apologised to me for not being able to deliver the parcel by giving me an extra month free on my Amazon prime account, incredible! And of course the parcel was delivered the next day without any hassle.

Amazon, best customer service ever. They couldn't deliver a parcel to me once cos there was some access difficulty to my flat (not amazons fault, it was the maintenance company's fault) but amazon apologised to me by giving me an extra month free on my Amazon prime, incredible! And of course the parcel was delivered the next day without any hassle.

I agree, you'd have to go a long way to even come close to Amazons customer care. They actually refund you before you've even sent your return back, and once I ordered a Kipling baby bag for my daughter in law and there was a mark on it (it wasn't a return it was done by Kipling) they sent me another one out by next day delivery and told me to keep the one I've got, I was absolutely gob smacked, so my daughter in law ended up with two.

I always visit Lakeland when I'm in the UK. Best thing they sell is the Oven Mate oven cleaner. On one trip I bought a hand held steam cleaner. It conked out quite quickly and I emailed them. They sent me a new one (to Spain) with no quibble. Don't quite understand why they are going to sell on Q.

I hope their sales on Q don`t tarnish their excellent reputation. If any new Lakeland customers have a bad time with Q`s customer service, delivery or poor quality control, they may think Lakeland aren`t worth dealing with. That would be a great pity and I hope Lakeland don`t live to regret their decision to sell on Q.

When I used to holiday in England I made a beeline for LL to buy lots of unnecessary bit and bobs. I did order from the catalogue but didn't find the delivery all that great but this was pre internet days. There is now a store about 30 miles away but it is ages since I've been to it. Must go and have a mooch but certainly wouldn't buy off Q.

There used to be a lady who fronted their sales (Michelle I think) who unfortunately passed away from cancer and I recall they used to do big fundraising in her memory. I think they are much bigger fish now but I think if a product gets a bad review they follow it up.

Yes I remember Michelle, she was very good. Windermere was the first time I had ever heard of Lakeland. Used to use mail order until they opened a store in our local shopping centre. I certainly wouldn't buy from QVC.

I'm concerned enough about this step that I will contact their customer services about it (Lakeland's, not QVC's).

Did you know/notice that Lakeland have now branched out into Germany, India and around the Gulf States? Just noticed the links at the foot of the UK website.

I'm concerned enough about this step that I will contact their customer services about it (Lakeland's, not QVC's).

Did you know/notice that Lakeland have now branched out into Germany, India and around the Gulf States? Just noticed the links at the foot of the UK website.

Bravo, May! Include a link to this forum, it may surprise them.....

Bravo, May! Include a link to this forum, it may surprise them.....

Great idea to let Lakeland know their reputation may suffer for reasons beyond their control and to let them know they have loyal customers here.

I do feel a bit bad for QVC customer services. I find most of their ladies are lovely too and, in my experience, try their best to put things right and compensate if it's in their power to do so. It's just they are hamstrung by the systems QVC have in place and the mean policies which the customer service assistants have to work with. It wouldn't take much for QVC to keep many of us happy (in my case, introducing capped P&P, for example, would make a huge difference) but they are too focused on maximising their income and seem completely unwilling to alter their antiquated despatch system (etc, etc).

If Lakeland offer capped P&P, free P&P over £50 and similar, can they force QVC to do the same on their behalf? I've heard it said before that P&P issues are down to the manufacturer and not QVC, which I find hard to believe. If not, it'll damage their sales. I recently wanted to order balance and brighten in two different colours but didn't bother when I realised they'd charge me two complete P&Ps! If they do this for Lakeland's items, people are not going to bother.

Latest posts

Back