Laura Geller Fans some imporant news

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Aw Lp, you've had it tough, glad you're healthy now, long may it continue and for any else who's struggling with health issues. :mysmilie_3:

Thank you Shopper. Diesel,Cigarette smoke, damp foggy days set me off. Had the flu jab every year since 1997 and never had any problem. :mysmilie_480:

Last edited:
I had asthma as a child and I seemed to grow out of it. Then in 1997 I had pneumonia and the asthma came back, I suffered this last summer. I take the same as you Shopper but after my last pneumonia 5 years ago the hospital think I have mild bronchiactasis, this could be due to having measles as a 2 year old or 4 bouts of pneumonia. Colds invariably lead to chest infections, I am lucky in that my GP always ensures I have antibiotics handy and I am resistant to Amoxicillin, otherwise I am quite healthy, just had my 70th birthday

I think I am like you. As a child, I used to get loads of chest infections, but when I was 12 caught chickenpox after that I had to go on asthma tablets. Then when I was 15 caught bronchial pneumonia and ended up in the hospital twice. I was told my bronchial are all scared from years of chest infections. I also have sinus problems and have a hole up to my nose from the steroid inhaler I have to use. I know every antibiotic by colour, yes the yellow one and the one that gives you an awful taste in your mouth

Now, I love perfume and have no problems with it, but highly scented washing powder/liquid and fabric conditioner really annoy me.

Congratulations on your 70th Lemonpop.

There must be a link here because since I was a baby I suffered with sinusitis, then I'd get a sore throat that usually developed in to a chest infection, so perfume and scented smells were out for me because it would kick off my sinuses, even to this day.

When I was a child I suffered from many ear infections, so I had my tonsils and adenoids removed. Had loads of colds and even pleuracy on top of pneumonia. My father too suffered from severe bronchitis so had to move to rural Cornwall - he eventually died of undiagnosed COPD at the age of 82.
So there is a link with chest infections/ colds / ear infections /sinus problems as a child and asthma.
Just wish I’d got mine diagnosed much sooner as my breath control is like it was 30 years ago now I’m on inhalers
There is news of a new injection for asthma too, let’s hope that helps

I used to get endless ENT infections which culminated in having my tonsils out at aged 28. A doc a few years ago told me that they were likely caused by dairy consumption as it turned out I was lactose intolerant. I do think a lot of children were and still are in the same boat and it does affect you as an adult.

That’s interesting as recently I have suspected lactose intolerance and switched to A2 milk and my cats drink lactose free milk (human one is cheaper than cats one).
I thought normal milk was making my IBS worse - I can take a little normal milk, but on a daily basis my stomach can’t cope.
But I’ve never heard of a link between dairy and ENT infections - quite possible though

That’s interesting as recently I have suspected lactose intolerance and switched to A2 milk and my cats drink lactose free milk (human one is cheaper than cats one).
I thought normal milk was making my IBS worse - I can take a little normal milk, but on a daily basis my stomach can’t cope.
But I’ve never heard of a link between dairy and ENT infections - quite possible though

I believe the link lies in the amount of excessive mucus (sorry, such a horrid word) the body produces in dealing with the lactose. The build up of this mucus is an excellent place for bugs to lurk and therefore you're more likely to succumb to infections where the mucus builds up, i.e. ENT areas.

So if you have a lot of catarrh from dairy products, you are likely to be lactose intolerant?

I still consume a bit of dairy just to ensure I don't become too sensitised to it, but every now and again I will eat too much and I will always get catarrh/sinusitis so it could be the case for sure. I haven't drunk cow's milk since 2004 as that is something I cannot tolerate in any shape or form and I think that's the worst offender for causing catarrh.

I wonder whether giving up dairy altogether (I still eat cheese) will help my tinnitus as when I have sinus problem / colds it gets much worse.
I’ve eaten quite a bit of cheese over Christmas and my tinnitus is much worse !

I wonder whether giving up dairy altogether (I still eat cheese) will help my tinnitus as when I have sinus problem / colds it gets much worse.
I’ve eaten quite a bit of cheese over Christmas and my tinnitus is much worse !

Funnily enough, I get bouts of it when I consume a lot of dairy...! Why don't you try cutting it out completely for a month (more difficult than you'd imagine, dairy is in EVERYTHING) and see if you feel better?

Well the 3.00 show is on so hurrah about that. No reference to events, but then nothing is ever wrong in Q Land is it? Until it is, when the brand vanishes and it's as if it never existed.

It's odd how QVC drops some brands and sticks by others without there seemingly being much apparent logic.

Latest posts

Back