Lip Exfoliator

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used to like Smashbox, it was sugar based so melted as you rubbed it in. You rubbed in then left on your lips for a short while and it moisturised as well. Finally wiped off with a tissue.

You could use a dry face cloth, cheap and cheerful. A soft toothbrush works as well, used dry. Or a little Vaseline and sugar mixed together.

The Body Shop does one for about £7.00, tiny granules in a thick cream that sort of melts when applied. Looks like a lipstick and works really well. Not tested on animals either :clapping:

Didn't have a good result with Clinique's, irritation. Flannel vote here and Nivea lip salve twice a day, I use mine under lipstick and bed time.

Yes, I only use lip balm after cleaning my teeth, so twice a day. I am using Burt's Bee one at the moment. Think, it was £3.50???? Been using it since last year, so paid for its self.

lots of good diy advice here already
you can also use raw cane sugar with some olive oil (or in any balm)
the raw cane sugar not only exfoliates through its texture, but also has some glycolic/fruit acid/AHA in it too
most days i just use my clarisonic over my lips as i do my face and would use above as a mask/treatment as and when ....

Well, I learn something new everyday.
I didn't even know my lips would require exfoliating.
Must be one of my 'areas' lol

Try Emma Hardie Moringa balm mixed with little caster sugar. I think it would work a treat and wipe off with muslin cloth or face cloth!

I bought (ages ago) the Shizen set, think it was a fair cost but you got 3 products, a scrub, a lemon lip oil in a dropper system and a pot of balm. the oil and the balm were lovely but the scrub tasted like curry powder!

I also recommend using a soft toothbrush, particularly good after a hot shower as the dry skin on the lips will be softened and easy to brush off without damaging skin underneath. Finish with a little vaseline. I have found lip exfoliating products too harsh and can leave lips raw.

Latest posts

Back