Lisa from Benefit

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't see anything wrong with her whatsoever! She comes across as a really nice person, and was very helpful when I asked a question on Twitter, answering me straight after the show. This is beneath most of the 'proper' presenters!

I really like Lisa, I met her at the beauty bash a few years ago and she did my makeup and it looked fab, she was really down to earth and lovely

I have never worked in sales and know it is not something I could do.

when I think of it dispassionately I understand that they are under great pressure to make a sale, often at all costs , but when I'm on the receiving end of a sales assistant from hell, I get really angry at the rubbish they come out with just to close the deal. As much as possible I do my own research so that I go into it knowing at least as much as the sales assistant (usually not too hard) As soon as the rubbish starts they have lost my sale.

The ones who really anger me are the ones who see pensioners as a soft touch just because they still believe that a sales assistant is there to help them. A 90 year old relative went into a phone shop when his very basic mobile conked out to get a similar replacement only to come out with a smart phone costing several hundred pounds which he couldn't even switch on. I sincerely hope that that particular sales person chokes on whatever it was his nice commission bought him and that he can sleep easy in his bed at night.

The product is great and I have no problem with the Benefit guest but plse for the love of God someone tell them that the stupid 'go vertical' thing is lame, cringe, embarrassing and not working!!

I don't mind her, she comes across as enthusiastic and the demos I find are good, she's not heavy handed like the mally or new cid folks

A few days ago I saw a Benefit item and Lisa was brushing the mascara on the model's eyelashes. She was jabbing with the wand and the model could not help herself blinking in recoil. I mean Lisa was really poking and jabbing with the brush and I was cringing because I thought she was going to take the model's eye out. Then she went 'vertical' (surely you can go 'vertical with any mascara wand?) and the poor model blinked and a blob of the mascara fell onto her face. This vertical thing leaves me cold. By the way, I hate the brow thing too, Lisa says brush from the outer edge and then back again to colour the brows. What about if you haven't got any brows at the outer edge? You have nothing to brush on to! I also bought the six little lip glosses - don't have any depth of colour. No, not enamoured of Benefit items ...... or their presenter .......

I have a soft spot for Benefit as they are based in San Fran and I used to live there!

However, they are so expensive now and has been said the packaging is usually tin, not luxury. i like the ooh la lift and the Bathina body cream, never tried the mascara as most mascara tends to make my eyes run, so stick to Clinique non waterproof.

Anyone with sensitive eyes tried Benefit?

Inge x

Sorry can't agree they are doing their job when I am not at the counter or even the beauty department. I have even been accosted on a different floor completely.

All Benefit staff are trained to traffic stop. If they don't do it, they could get the sack. Benefit is not the only brand that does this. Even in high end department stores you have people coming up to you from all sorts of brands trying to sell you something. You only have to say no. It really doesn't bother me.

anything that 'goes vertical' can go f#ck itself.

apologies for the language, but it is very irritating... the tone, false delivery and the sound of my cash being liberated from me via the wife.

I just tried the BPOTM. The brow thing didn't really make a difference - I put it on twice, and as instructed. The mascara is great, and it makes the lashes look really long. However, it does give the false lash effect. Seen as I am not an 18 year barbie wannabe, it's going back :mysmilie_11:

Lisa does have a very forceful manner, it certainly doesn't appeal to me. Her voice is kind of odd too.

I object strongly to been approached, if I was interested I would go to the counter, not be on another floor completely.
My local Boots also sell Benefit but I don't get accosted in there.

The worse of the worse was Bellepiere in my local House of Fraser, actually followed you round after you said, "No Thank You." I actually complained to the store manager in writing no less. I was tempted to tell the guy to 'F*ck off, or I would rip his head off', at one point.

They have changed staff and now don't bother you at all.

Those long fingernails and big rings look inappropriate for a job that is hands on and personal like makeup artist. I'm sure she must poke and prod her clients occasionally.

I was surprised to see Lisa feature on ‘Peter Andre’s 60 Minute Make-Over’ last week, getting a re-vamped kitchen no less ! It was Lisa’s husband Adam who was nominated by a friend of theirs. The back-story was that Adam lost both of his parents when he was 20 and he took on the up-bringing of his 4 younger siblings single-handed. Then when he married Lisa she was happy to take on the role of their surroagate Mum so-to-speak. They had a further set-back when Adam developed a brain tumour a couple of years ago but he’s recovered well. Also Lisa lost her Dad recently at the early age of 55.
The friend said that they were lovely people who were always doing a lot for other people and deserved something in return. I must say that they both seemed lovely.
I was surprised to see how run-down and crappy their original kitchen was. The make-over improved things, but it is one of these make-overs that are done on the cheap and wouldn’t exactly be anyone’s dream kitchen, but it was quirky and sort of suited them. Anyway Adam & Lisa seemed pleased with it. Lisa in particular was very emotional about it all – she looked nicer and came across really well.

I was surprised to see Lisa feature on ‘Peter Andre’s 60 Minute Make-Over’ last week, getting a re-vamped kitchen no less ! It was Lisa’s husband Adam who was nominated by a friend of theirs. The back-story was that Adam lost both of his parents when he was 20 and he took on the up-bringing of his 4 younger siblings single-handed. Then when he married Lisa she was happy to take on the role of their surroagate Mum so-to-speak. They had a further set-back when Adam developed a brain tumour a couple of years ago but he’s recovered well. Also Lisa lost her Dad recently at the early age of 55.
The friend said that they were lovely people who were always doing a lot for other people and deserved something in return. I must say that they both seemed lovely.
I was surprised to see how run-down and crappy their original kitchen was. The make-over improved things, but it is one of these make-overs that are done on the cheap and wouldn’t exactly be anyone’s dream kitchen, but it was quirky and sort of suited them. Anyway Adam & Lisa seemed pleased with it. Lisa in particular was very emotional about it all – she looked nicer and came across really well.

Thanks for posting this RC. People seem to forget that these people they see on Q are real people just like us. That's a really touching story.

Latest posts

Back