Live Broadcasts Ending Early

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Scout

Registered Shopper
This is the second time recently that I've noticed that the live broadcasts have stopped at 01:00 am and not 02:00 am. Debbie and RCM ended at 01:00, and now we have Chloe presenting a steam cleaning show. I don't know if Q think we believe this is live, but the large Buckley poppy Chloe's wearing rather gives the game away that this is a repeat!

On Saturday we have Vitamix at midnight followed by Festive Christmas Lighting at 01:00, so the lighting programme will probably be a repeat. There are still shows from midnight until 02:00, like Mally on Sunday, but the future schedule suggests that ending the live broadcast at 01:00 is going to be a fairly regular occurance.

More cost cutting presumably, but it would be nice if Q was up front about it. Unless I missed it, Debbie F said Chloe was coming up next with no indication at all that it was a repeat.

I thought it was odd too, and quite abrupt. Definitely a repeat, I saw this one earlier in the week (or possibly last week).

This channel alludes to being something special, it isn't. Dont forget those years not so long ago when Q broadcasted live througout the night live during November in the Xmas run up.

Last edited:
This channel alludes to being something special, it isn't, not any more.

In the 90's they were interesting, Then, they did not have as many multi shopping selling channels and post free, customer focussed internet retail rivals to compete against.

Now they do.

I believe reviewing numerous comments on this forum, that they are losing both market share and massive customer confidence. Sort it out.

Yes I wondered what had happened when I put the tv on this morning at 7 am expecting to see a repeat of the RCM Tsv, as I didn't want to stay up to midnight not on a work night anyway! And saw Chloe selling a vax, now I shall miss as I will leave for work well before 8, it will save me money if they keep this up as I will not see items until I get home from work and then I will have either talked myself out of it or the item may have sold out! Their loss not mine :mysmilie_8:

Perhaps the remaining QVC presenters are baulking doing the 2am slot and have told their employer to go forth.......

This channel alludes to being something special, it isn't. Dont forget those years not so long ago when Q broadcasted live througout the night live during November in the Xmas run up.

Gosh, yonks ago I remember the 'launch' of QVC Night time, I think the first presenters to kick this off at 2am were Rob Locke, Katie John and Dean Wilson

You could almost hear the Owls & bats outside the studio, it was quite a karmic experience.. QVC, presenters & 10 viewers, with a hushed old grey whistle test Bob Harris whisper style sales pitch

As expected, it was axed after a fortnight or so.

I'm very much a QVC traditionalist - miss the midnight clock countdown, and miss the REAL bargains (but dont miss the land line phone on repeat dial struggling to place an order)

I miss the clock too! I also liked the QVC Nighttime stills of items set to music which they showed after the live hours finished. It was very restful to watch for the former insomniac me.

I miss the clock too! I also liked the QVC Nighttime stills of items set to music which they showed after the live hours finished. It was very restful to watch for the former insomniac me.

I used to like the BBC testcard with that girl, that doll and that music. I bet QVC are cost cutting. I imagine they would have to pay someone a higher rate to present unsociable hours + travel allowance etc.

I normally watch the first 15mins of the Tsv launch and then switch off unless its a Tsv I particularly want to see. maybe if there saving money by ending the live broadcast early they will past the saving onto us ...............wishful thinking hey :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back