Live shopping telly on "The Apprentice"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I didn't see the start, but the "Apprentices" had to choose items to sell, then present them on live TV.

Not sure what the channel was, as they were selling jewellery and silly gadgets with dropping prices like Bid used to.

2 of each team did the live presenting, the other 2 were controlling them and the dropping prices from the gallery.

It was all a bit of a disaster.

But it was very interesting to see behind the scenes.

funny thing is i was watching this on TJC (the jewellery channel is its old name) when they were doing it live & it was bad really bad & i said to mum it must be an apprentice task & it looks like i was right but it was even more of a disaster than i remembered of it

Wow could you have imagined that being live sales on Q
They wouldn’t have allowed the cancellation of purchases.

:mysmilie_50::mysmilie_17:

I am being careful NOT to say who was sacked in case any Apprentice fans haven't seen it yet.

A QVC presenter called NATALIE was on Radio 5 Live this morning, starting about 0840, talking about this.

They also had the sacked person being interviewed. The segment was about 12 minutes long, and was interesting if you follow The Apprentice.

I haven't watched any of this series, but flicked channels and it was on, I realised it was shopping telly, so watched the rest of the programme.

I cant stand the type of person who appears on the Apprentice and have never watched it. For years I did watch the spin off show which showed the particularly cringeworthy bits and that was more than enough for me. They are so full of their own importance yet totally incompetent. Personally I don’t believe a word of their previous achievements. They wouldn’t last a day in most normal (not media type ) workplaces.

Somehow I imagine that Q “management” is riddled with them. Liamx and Brianx strike me as the type, albeit not top level.

Was comical tho
Interesting how the producer constantly talking in their ear piece
Surely Q producers must be bored to tears hearing some of their presenters drivel on constantly about themselves.. should be shouting in their ear’ shut up , sell the product ‘

There was an episode back in the early days of the Apprentice (probably series 1 or 2), when the teams had to pick items from the stockroom and sell them live on Ideal World. I remember a wheelchair being offered for sale and some crafting sticky dots. Sir Shergar watched on in disbelieving horror as his teams went 'live' - one was the producer in the gallery giving instructions, and the other was flogging the stuff on live tv.

The teams were talked through what was expected by Loen Love - an IW presenter at the time, and told them to be professional as the reputation of IW was at stake. It was priceless tele !!!!

I haven't watched it for decades, but clearly they are running short of formats to use if they are rehashing old ones to rerun !

I have always watched the Apprentice but in the last few years the calibre of contestants has taken a nose dive.I think they are in it for so called celeb status & even Lord S. seems to be a bit dispirited these days.Last week I thought the 2 lads had brief moments (if you didn’t blink) when they were reasonably OK with their presenting jargon.Of course they should have mentioned their hols.,house,book writing,family etc.etc.

I cant stand the type of person who appears on the Apprentice and have never watched it. For years I did watch the spin off show which showed the particularly cringeworthy bits and that was more than enough for me. They are so full of their own importance yet totally incompetent. Personally I don’t believe a word of their previous achievements. They wouldn’t last a day in most normal (not media type ) workplaces.

Somehow I imagine that Q “management” is riddled with them. Liamx and Brianx strike me as the type, albeit not top level.

I have noticed that Liamx and Brianx are being especially unprofessional at the moment.Even going as far as to go into conversation with each other in the middle of peoples' posts.They ,of course ,sign with an x.Absolute twats.

I suspect that a certain amount of chat by the presenters about their lives, dogs, grandchildren etc is encouraged by the gallery, to encourage customers to think of them as friends. This probably increases sales significantly by a certain “type” of viewer.

Latest posts

Back