Liz Earle TSV 28/5/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really like the Liz Earle range but it is getting pricey. TSVs are now around the £50-£60 mark and l agree with one of the earlier posters l do not see it as a premium range. To me it's on a par with No 7, a higher end high street brand. I love Cleanse & Polish but it has definately changed and does not seem as rich anymore, it is especially noticeable in the limited editions which they do. The Rose and lavender one was very poor quality I felt to the original. As much as l love the range if the price points keep increasing like they are doing l can see myself looking for an alternative.

I've always thought that AY looked down on the LE brand, it's just the impression I've had over the years. Is she a little bit jealous of Liz's success perhaps? Liz being an actual beauty expert with umpteen books and tv appearances, not just tucked away on Q. It's just a thought.

The LE counter in our Boots is between the Lancome and Estee Lauder counters, and has a sink as mentioned by Donna about her Boots store. I'm going to keep a look out for any visiting company experts that may be honouring us with their presence. :mysmilie_467:

I couldn't agree more CG.
I also got the impression that AY & LE didn't actually like each other either, but because that it's such a good seller on Q, she was told to suck it up and get on with it.

I really like the Liz Earle range but it is getting pricey. TSVs are now around the £50-£60 mark and l agree with one of the earlier posters l do not see it as a premium range. To me it's on a par with No 7, a higher end high street brand. I love Cleanse & Polish but it has definately changed and does not seem as rich anymore, it is especially noticeable in the limited editions which they do. The Rose and lavender one was very poor quality I felt to the original. As much as l love the range if the price points keep increasing like they are doing l can see myself looking for an alternative.

Agree, I think it is very expensive now for what it is.
I really cannot notice any difference in my skin comparing the expensive Cleanse and Polish to Superdrug's Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser which is around £4 for 150ml (and usually part of BOGOF offers), it's a no brainer really.

Long ago on here there was a thread about Liz vs Alison. We had someone post who supposedly worked at QVC, they did disappear quite quickly but then other reps said QVC told them not to post on ST.com

Anyway seems Liz came with her own makeup artist and insisted on special lighting when on air. Alison was not impressed and did not want to work with her. Now whether this is all true who can say, but it was a long time before they started working together on shows, Alison has done far more with Caroline than ever with Liz.

Now I do remember a thread on here about Liz suddenly had dark circles and did not look her usual fragrant self. Seems her special lighting had been accidently turned off.:mysmilie_17:

Long ago on here there was a thread about Liz vs Alison. We had someone post who supposedly worked at QVC, they did disappear quite quickly but then other reps said QVC told them not to post on ST.com

Anyway seems Liz came with her own makeup artist and insisted on special lighting when on air. Alison was not impressed and did not want to work with her. Now whether this is all true who can say, but it was a long time before they started working together on shows, Alison has done far more with Caroline than ever with Liz.

Now I do remember a thread on here about Liz suddenly had dark circles and did not look her usual fragrant self. Seems her special lighting had been accidently turned off.:mysmilie_17:

Liz Earle looks very different when she does her series on This Morning compared to when she is on Q!!

Liz Earle looks very different when she does her series on This Morning compared to when she is on Q!!

Yes she certainly does, and as This Morning is HD, every line is clearly visible for all to see.
Nothing wrong with having lines at her age of course, it's just that the special lighting on Q almost blurs them out. Her eyes and mouth area show quite deep lines too.

I've been buying LE since it was first on QVC and some things have definitely changed. The skin tonic and the bodywash smell different. The orange flower body cream just smells weird now and I used to love it. I don't buy so much now as I prefer Decleor, but they are at it as well. Their body wash smells a bit medicinal now and it was lovely before.

I'll have a look at the TSV but it will have to be pretty exciting to tempt me.

CC

I've been using LE since her first appearance on QVC and still have a few favourite products from the range but my skin seemed to take a dislike to the Skin Repair a few years ago. I can't use the Superskin items either which didn't really surprise me. I do have a few Superskin products for sale in The Drop if anyone's interested but I need to get through my stock of C&P, IBST and Eyebright before purchasing more so I'll be giving this TSV a miss.

It's definitely a great value TSV, but I won't be buying.
I still love C & P and use it most days, but that's all that I'd need out of this kit. IMO, the IBST hasn't been as good as it used to be for years (it doesn't even smell the same anymore), Superskin moisturiser is way too rich for me even in winter and I've no interest in the eye cream, so hopefully it will sell out early and they'll be a few OTO's to tempt me.

I don't know yet whether to order the TSV or not, I would love to try the eye cream, but don't know about the moisturiser as the ingredients changed and I am currently using the old formula (and I tried the neroli version when I went to London last year and found the fragrance too strong) . And I am waiting for July's Elemis TSV... :)

I too am waiting for the elemis tsv in July, but I really like the eye cream and still like the superskin moisturiser so I will definitely be ordering, and I have been so good so far this year with my QVC purchases too��

I wasn't going to be tempted but it does seem good value as the eye cream on the LE website is £35 alone ! The EP'S have also swung it for me...

I'm definitely getting it. I love all the products, and the eye cream, my friend has tried, and loves it. Plus I'm a sucker for easy pay!

Latest posts

Back