Look what I found in my stash!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We can't forget the origional Smashbox TSV'S, Still got loads of bits and brushes. Wish they would come back:heartbroke:

Going to throw a real oldie in Miners. First brand I ever bought. Also Maxi which was a Max Factor brand, their mascara was called 24 hour I think? Damn it did stay on forever!

Ah Smashbox and the hunk of spunk who was the representative in the early days. :mysmilie_13: I walk past the counter in Boots and never look, not the same since Estee Lauder bought them over.

I remember owning a Mary Quant blush in Toffee and a lipstick Tokyo Rose, I had to save up to buy as the brand was about my price point in those days.

Charles of the Ritz, I bought a foundation in Boots and the SA threw in loads and I mean loads of skincare samples.

Going to throw a real oldie in Miners. First brand I ever bought. Also Maxi which was a Max Factor brand, their mascara was called 24 hour I think? Damn it did stay on forever!

Ah Smashbox and the hunk of spunk who was the representative in the early days. :mysmilie_13: I walk past the counter in Boots and never look, not the same since Estee Lauder bought them over.

I remember owning a Mary Quant blush in Toffee and a lipstick Tokyo Rose, I had to save up to buy as the brand was about my price point in those days.

Charles of the Ritz, I bought a foundation in Boots and the SA threw in loads and I mean loads of skincare samples.

:wonder: Timber?? LOl He was a great guest.

I remember Miners but preferred Mary Quant. I used Grape and Toffee lippy.

Yes Timber. He was very into going to the gym, even when working here in London. I remember he used to talk about it on air.

The guy after him(sorry his name has gone out of my head), I met in House of Fraser. He was so lovely chatted forever.

Yes Timber. He was very into going to the gym, even when working here in London. I remember he used to talk about it on air.

The guy after him(sorry his name has gone out of my head), I met in House of Fraser. He was so lovely chatted forever.

It was Daniel I think. He was nice too.

Donna what was the name of the really dark burgundy shade of lippy by Mary Quant, was it Black Tulip or was that a Rimmel one?

The black tulip lippy was Rimmer and it was in a burgundy brown lippy case and came in Two sizes, I ****** loved it��
Now Charles of the ritz...now there is a brand I remember not being able to afford. I remember kids at school looking at Gallery make up in the market and thinking, no way was I going to wear that.��

Anyone remember Ultra Glow or that lippy that was bright green but changed colour on your lips? House of Fraser orhammonds as is was called back then used to sell it

The black tulip lippy was Rimmer and it was in a burgundy brown lippy case and came in Two sizes, I ****** loved it��
Now Charles of the ritz...now there is a brand I remember not being able to afford. I remember kids at school looking at Gallery make up in the market and thinking, no way was I going to wear that.��

Anyone remember Ultra Glow or that lippy that was bright green but changed colour on your lips? House of Fraser orhammonds as is was called back then used to sell it

Thanks I thought it was Rimmel. I think you can still buy Ultraglow some where and the colour change lippy's.

I still use some smashbox brushes, I loved the blush one as it was quite a small head and I can work with it. the Liz Earle one is slanted but they discontinued it. I have a Bobbi Brown eye shadow brush from last century still going strong.

Charles of the Ritz, can't remember how I was able to afford the foundation now? But I thought it so expensive at the time, as I said the SA gave over 10 samples in little tubes and pots. To me that was like OMG look at all those samples!!! I felt very posh using them, never bought as I could not afford:grin:

I still have an Elizabeth Arden green eyeshadow which was part of the very first makeup set I was given. I will be 70 in August!!

I remember Ultra Glow, used it back in the late 80's and the lipsticks too, they always seemed to change to a very vibrant pink on me, something to do with the lips PH. They also used to sell it on Q years ago.

There is also another make up brand I used to use years ago that I'm racking my brains about...it will come to me :thinking:

I remember getting a gorgeous Coulourfast set when I was a teenager. I got it for Chrimbo and it was in a beautiful box with lots of sections.i think it was loreal that made colourfast. They might still make it

I remember Ultra Glow, used it back in the late 80's and the lipsticks too, they always seemed to change to a very vibrant pink on me, something to do with the lips PH. They also used to sell it on Q years ago.

There is also another make up brand I used to use years ago that I'm racking my brains about...it will come to me :thinking:

Yes, dear old Ultra Glow. The loose powder came first then they did a compact version. Yes, the lipsticks always turned a bright baby pink on me. I hate that colour and it no way looks good on me.

Well, it came to me in the end, the make up brand that I used to buy from Boots late 70's early 80's was called 'Leichner'! Apparently back then it was sold as make up to the stars...if only, I'd be rich now :mysmilie_17:

Does anybody remember using that, their foundation came in black pots. I can remember seeing it in Boots of Chester a couple of years ago and thought it was a blast from the past!

I used Charles of the Ritz skincare & makeup it was fab.Yes expensive but I was a young working girl then.Does anyone remember their little square eye shadows that slotted together? I remember the Charles of the Ritz lady telling me to take a teaspoon of Milk of Magnesia in a little water every morning to clear some spots I had--it worked.

Well, it came to me in the end, the make up brand that I used to buy from Boots late 70's early 80's was called 'Leichner'! Apparently back then it was sold as make up to the stars...if only, I'd be rich now :mysmilie_17:

Does anybody remember using that, their foundation came in black pots. I can remember seeing it in Boots of Chester a couple of years ago and thought it was a blast from the past!

Yes I do. Believe it or not the foundation is still around and found in small chemists. A friend's daughter used it about 5 years back, its a thing with late teens to slap it on extra thick and this suited the job.

I used Charles of the Ritz skincare & makeup it was fab.Yes expensive but I was a young working girl then.Does anyone remember their little square eye shadows that slotted together? I remember the Charles of the Ritz lady telling me to take a teaspoon of Milk of Magnesia in a little water every morning to clear some spots I had--it worked.

I have heard of dabbing it on spots as well.

I remember a Leichner foundation from the late 60s, it came in black pots and was called Kamera Klear. yes, spelled like that.

My very first foundation, at the age of 15, was from Woolies, it was called Nothing On by Angel Face. It had a picture of Twiggy on the box, and it gave a lovely natural look to my teenage skin. As most good make up products do, it disappeared forever after a couple of years.

41pHzFBPA-L.jpgThey still do it but spelt with a C these days:-

Camera Clear Tinted Foundation by Leichner Blend of Porcelain 30ml.....on Amazon

I remember a Leichner foundation from the late 60s, it came in black pots and was called Kamera Klear. yes, spelled like that.

My very first foundation, at the age of 15, was from Woolies, it was called Nothing On by Angel Face. It had a picture of Twiggy on the box, and it gave a lovely natural look to my teenage skin. As most good make up products do, it disappeared forever after a couple of years.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back