Loose Women (men) They Are Not!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Television is full of " hey..I've got a great idea" type people ,and lots and lots of "YES PEOPLE". QVC seems to have it,s fair share of pretentious " good idea"people. They want to be your one stop entertainment channel. Guest performers and now this total BS. It's drifted so far away from what made it successful .Now, it's just a pretentious empty vessel I'm sorry to say. This twelve O clock show will fall by the wayside I firmly predict. They ought to be concentrating on getting back to what they once were but are no more. A good shopping channel. I dislike Ideal World but at least it's honest and doesn't try to be anything other than what it is.

Similar to what I've been saying for ages - all sat around a conference table throwing desperate ideas into the mix -none of which work. I wouldn't mind betting that all the 'ideas' people who were around when Q began 20 years ago have long retired or moved on, to be replaced by 'bright young things' out of uni who clearly need more work experience !

As for Ideal World, you're right, and it wouldn't be a bad idea for the crews of each to do a swap for a week. Apart from Hayley and Genevieve, the presenters of IW are far more relaxed and have a lot more humour about them, some are a bit 'manic and off the wall' but they don't pretend to love everything or constantly wished they'd ordered the item before it sold out.

I don't like the modern QVC at all. I often wish it could be more like it was, as that was what made for interesting viewing. I suppose, however, the world is a very different place these days, and with the rise of the internet, people have much more choice. The QVC TV format is flawed in that they can only ever showcase one item at a time. The slick, polished and sales-aggressive approach is very much a sign of the times. I think as a society we are becoming quite gentrified, with much working-class culture steadily being eroded. In the past when something went wrong "on air," they would just laugh it off. Nowadays the people involved would be required to attend a disciplinary hearing. I think that's what makes it even more brilliant when something goes wrong. I predict we will get more pushiness, more aggression, more shouting, more low-priced items, more easy pay, more sterling silver, product formula and quality will diminish. I think the whole TV operation will ultimately end or be drastically scaled back and that the whole operation will go online with more video demos than ever before.

Well put Julius ! and its interesting to note that they don't always get things right. When they moved to Chiswick from Battersea the backdrops had been designed by someone on LSD, the models were tripping down the stairs, the lighting was abysmal, and the jigsaw patterns and colours were playing havoc with the fashion items. NOW, they've reverted back to white paint and brighter lighting, and the 'runway' brought back - it didn't take a genius to realise clothing is viewed better with a light background.

I know someone who brings a product to QVC. They echoed what you said pretty much. The person said it used to be a warm, friendly atmosphere but that that has all changed and that "they" felt hurried now. In the door ..bish bosh ..out the door. That shows too,and I told the person that. They are fools to themselves because they will never compete with the internet simply because they are two vastly different mediums,and I know that If I were running things there ,the whole idea would be how to get more viewers,not how to alienate people. There are no human beings selling you products on the net. On television there are ,so unless they intend going the way that you suggested or predicted, they'd do well to wise up and make the whole experience of QVC more like it was. I haven't watched it for a long time other than a glance,but I know that if they brought fun and warmth back into it I'd start watching again, and I bet I'm not alone.

Being a bank holiday I caught a bit of this again today. It hasn't got any better.

Craig and Jackie, together with RJ scrunched together with Abbi from Ultrasun gobbling at the end and 2 other bewildered people (I assumed gardening guests?) looking like rabbits caught in the headlights.

Gawd forbid if DBF ever gets into the mix!

Times are a-changing... however there are some things which are always true.

People buy from people. If your potential customers don't like you, they won't buy from you. If you potential customers don't trust you, they won't buy from you. And if they've had a poor experience, they won't buy again from you. And given that it is always cheaper to sell to your existing customer base than to recruit new customers, it must be becoming more expensive as QVC neglect their longstanding customers.

I've said something similar about it on another thread, but loyalty is harder to come by these days, and the internet has made it easier to source QVC exclusive brands from elsewhere for competitive prices. QVC has been complacent, and is finally waking up to the fact that their position is being challenged. It's unfortunate that the moves they are making to respond to that challenge are rather catastrophic at present. Fingers crossed there will be some wiser counsel prevailing soon...

Well, you can always trust the Americans to be 'late' at everything !!!!! .... from entering the War to their dubious taste in outdated fashion, so its little wonder that they're chasing the bus as its pulling out of the station.

Looking at the Lunch time show today with Chloe and Claire, it looks like this may be an attempt to get back some of the fun.The problem is it looks contrived and the guests look uncomfortable.

Nicki from Birkenstock said in the previous show she would be a guest but was hoping to get some lunch.She looked hungry as well as patting her stomach. Simon told her she would get a up of tea. great ......!

The Lunchtime show is hilarious, and not in a good way. It's so awkward to watch, from Claire Sutton trying to be all sexy and girly to Chloe Everton trying to be funny. If Dale and Charlie treated a female guest the way the woman treat a man, imagine the uproar and rightly so..............any second now, the tumbleweed will roll through the studio.

The Lunchtime show is hilarious, and not in a good way. It's so awkward to watch, from Claire Sutton trying to be all sexy and girly to Chloe Everton trying to be funny. If Dale and Charlie treated a female guest the way the woman treat a man, imagine the uproar and rightly so..............any second now, the tumbleweed will roll through the studio.

Yes feel sorry for the poor Bamix Man they are all flirting with him and he looks very uncomfortable. They even asked in a round about way if was single, poor guy was blushing.

Yes feel sorry for the poor Bamix Man they are all flirting with him and he looks very uncomfortable. They even asked in a round about way if was single, poor guy was blushing.

I felt sorry for him too, he often talks about how he makes his kids healthy milk shakes after tea, or in the night as a treat with the Bamix, so now thanks to Claire and her ridiculous attempt at flirting, we know the man is single so he must be separated, this could be extremely painful for him. The stupid woman obviously never gave that a thought.

They can't even get the name right on their website, it is called THE MORNING SHOW on the "recent on air items" section, even though it doesn't even start until 1pm in the AFTERNOON.

I felt sorry for him too, he often talks about how he makes his kids healthy milk shakes after tea, or in the night as a treat with the Bamix, so now thanks to Claire and her ridiculous attempt at flirting, we know the man is single so he must be separated, this could be extremely painful for him. The stupid woman obviously never gave that a thought.

His wife/partner might have died and that would be even worse don't think they engage brain before opening mouths.

Can honestly say, I haven't watched it since and going by all the comments I've not missed much then :mysmilie_17:

I often find the "banter" between female presenters and male guests oversteps the mark. I was cringing one time when Debbie was on with Axel the Flora Mare guy. She's easily the most heavy-handed. I couldn't call it flirting as it really wasn't done with a light-enough touch to qualify. The fact that then, and often on other occasions she's quite up-front about her search for a man made it worse. Axel was very polite but obviously uncomfortable.

Jill Franks is another regular offender, particularly with poor Ralph Rossini.

I'm surprised at Claire though, she's not normally an insensitive person.

Basically if it isn't suitable from a male to female then it shouldn't be acceptable the other way round. No one minds a bit of banter but there is a line which should not be crossed.

BTW isn't CE gay, why would she flirt with a male guest?

Latest posts

Back