Loose Women - Who next as Q guest?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
It seems, since the trail-blazing Andrea McLean, more and more Q guests have come from the Loose Women panel.
Obviously the one who has taken it the furthest has been Ruth Langsford, and now we have Brenda Edwards, which got me thinking
Who do you think will be the next Loose Women alumnus on Q?
Who would you be intrigued to see as a Q guest?
I know both Amanda Holden and Davina McCall are starrier names and not (yet) on LW, but perhaps they are less relatable than guests who have a less flashy resumé and dress sense...
Is Q where a woman in the media over a certain age can continue her career? I think the opportunities are strictly limited, and I can't help but notice only a small number of women who have reached maturity seem to continue to have careers in tv, whereas many fewer of their male contemporaries do the same vanishing act.

OMG! Yes!
I liked her. I'd never heard of her before since I don't watch Loose Women. However, I liked her. She was fun, but what are her clothes going to look like? More headache inducing bright colours? Surely they will go out of fashion soon. She says she used to like black clothes, but has moved on to colour. We'll soon find out.

I liked her. I'd never heard of her before since I don't watch Loose Women. However, I liked her. She was fun, but what are her clothes going to look like? More headache inducing bright colours? Surely they will go out of fashion soon. She says she used to like black clothes, but has moved on to colour. We'll soon find out.
No doubt her clothes will be whatever QVC manage to order in a job lot from China.

I’m the odd one out here I don’t like LR particularly nowadays she seems permanently 3 sheets to the wind.

If anyone saw her in House of Games she was bliddy awful, as thick as two short blanks, her clothes were awful and she kept moving them and her body like Les Dawson in his sketches with Roy Barraclough. Plus she played the grumpy old woman to perfection.

I feel she hasn’t really accepted hat she has not aged well from the blond pin up of Birds of a Feather fame.

I tend to agree.

Most of those on House of Games would have trouble spelling their own name ! Denise Van Outen had never heard of the Golden Gate Bridge and placed it near the Niagara Falls 🤭 :rolleyes: Yet these people earn the sort of money on the tele that some can only dream about.

I’m the odd one out here I don’t like LR particularly nowadays she seems permanently 3 sheets to the wind.

If anyone saw her in House of Games she was bliddy awful, as thick as two short blanks, her clothes were awful and she kept moving them and her body like Les Dawson in his sketches with Roy Barraclough. Plus she played the grumpy old woman to perfection.

I feel she hasn’t really accepted hat she has not aged well from the blond pin up of Birds of a Feather fame.
I saw her on that and thought exactly the same, I can't say I noticed what she wearing because I was mesmerised by the peculiar false eyelashes she was wearing that made her look a bit strange. I would agree she does seem to be a unaffected celeb, down to earth and a good laugh. Having said that I'd rather not see any kind of celebrity endorsement on shopping channels, catalogues or what have you - give the work to models who are trying to find work, and sell clothes under a house brand name - I don't want to pay more because it's Ruth Langsford, Danni Minogue, etc etc. I have no objection with celebs turning presenter, Katy Tayler did it and so did Debbie Greenwood - Fine, it's become their job and that's different!

I have a bit of a thing about full time actors/TV personalities doing voice over adverts as this a proper job for professional voice over people who I feel are being put out of work.

Seeing them flaunting about endorsing items they wouldn’t use is bad enough but the voice over thing just bugs me. Yes you from Gavin & Stacey I’m talking about you as one of many.

I read not so long ago that a professional voice over chap - a job he had been doing for over 35 years, was scarcely getting any 'gigs' because advertising agencies were calling for more diverse voices.

I don’t watch loose women but Linda was way out of her depth on pointless. She didn’t have a clue what was going on. Nadia is the opposite - she knows exactly what’s what and if rumour is to be believed she didn’t take kindly to being the first celeb voted off strictly. Jayne Macdonald isn’t really my cup of tea but she has an easy way with her and might do ok on qvc. What would she flog? Cabaret gowns? But why would we want any more celebs? It’s got out of hand and is really annoying. Unfortunately I’m not sure some of the presenters could present an hour on their own. That’s quite a problem for a shopping channel.

Just to throw in there, the other source of guests appears to be models. Both Frankie and Sam (Sam just this week doing general shoes show) have moved from modelling.
But the presenters really would be an utter bore if presenting solo. If they bothered to do their homework they could find plenty to say during the hour, but is that every really going to happen?

Charlie was always whipping his ruler out🤭 but it’s not been seen for ages. Happy days, those solo jewellery hours were the best.

I don’t watch loose women but Linda was way out of her depth on pointless. She didn’t have a clue what was going on. Nadia is the opposite - she knows exactly what’s what and if rumour is to be believed she didn’t take kindly to being the first celeb voted off strictly. Jayne Macdonald isn’t really my cup of tea but she has an easy way with her and might do ok on qvc. What would she flog? Cabaret gowns? But why would we want any more celebs? It’s got out of hand and is really annoying. Unfortunately I’m not sure some of the presenters could present an hour on their own. That’s quite a problem for a shopping channel.
I done think Nadia has done Strictly? She did do Dancing on Ice and was first out.

Latest posts

Back