Lulu Guinness TSV 13/5/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lulu Guinness Arabella Large Leather Bowling Bag with Crossbody Strap
Item Number: 163671
QVC Price £385.00
Todays Special Value Price £299.97
P&P £0.00

The Arabella Bowling bag is designed to be your everyday companion with its structured shape, durable textured leather finish and detachable cross-body strap; plus it's currently only available at QVC UK! You'll find all of the gorgeous attention to detail you would expect from Lulu Guinness, including antique gold-tone hardware and an enamel lip-shaped closure at the front pocket, so this bag will feel like a truly special addition to any outfit.

Choose your colour – Lulu understands that every woman needs something different from her handbag, which is why she's brought this to us in four gorgeous colour options. If classic is your thing, opt for Black or Navy. If you'd prefer a pop of colour for this Spring/Summer season, choose the Porcelain or Coral.

Double, rolled handles
Zip fastening
Dust bag included
Exterior pockets: 1 x front, 1 x back; interior pockets: 1 x mobile phone; 1 x zip
Outer: 100% leather; lining: 100% cotton
Bag (l x w x d): 22.4cm x 33cm x 16cm (8.8" x 13" x 6.3")

Colour options:

Black
Porcelain
Navy
Coral

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.163671

Coral looks to be a nice colour, but I'm lusting after an ink rose print bag* on LG's website and also need to cut back on the splurging so will sit on my hands until the LG summer sale. (well that's the plan anyway).

*Can't decide which one but they're all here.

Coral looks to be a nice colour, but I'm lusting after an ink rose print bag* on LG's website and also need to cut back on the splurging so will sit on my hands until the LG summer sale. (well that's the plan anyway).

Oh Akimbo, that is a gorgeous pattern!!!!!

This looks so similar to the Mulberry del Rey to me ( but without the lovely cloche and postman's lock.)
I suppose there's nothing new at the end of the day !

Last edited:
I`m not a Lulu Guinness fan but if I wanted to buy an LG bag then I wouldn`t pay just under 300 quid for a bog standard nothing special tsv one, I`d save the extra £50 and buy one of the ink ones Akimbo posted. A bowling bag is a bowling bag and seen in many brands and price ranges but I must admit the ink ones look something out of the ordinary.

I always watch but don't buy (& here we have Jill Franks yet AGAIN!!) has everyone else deserted Q Towers? Of course she is in the front of the queue when it comes to OTT enthusing over her bags & shoes, to my mind she elevates this to a very silly embarrassing level.The bag itself look nice (not sure £300 worth of nice)it looks very awkward as a cross body & the carry handles look very short.I prefer a bag that I can hook over my shoulder.I see this is also a QVC exclusive--those of you that have styles from the main LG range how do these measure up?

Have you looked at House of Fraser website, there are some items in that design in the sale.

It doesn't look very special to me as some of the other TSVs have done and its a made for Q version. Even though I don't buy them I enjoy looking at them but not this one so much .The black is the most stylish looking in my opinion. I also like the patterned ink rose print.

Another hour of QVC that I would've happily watched, but Jill Franks was presented so I switched straight off and went to bed.

Another possible sale lost to QVC because of an unbearable presenter.

The TSV is too boxy for a cross-body bag imo, plus close-ups on the stitching showed a few flaws which I wouldn't accept on a £300 bag. That smooth leather will not travel well if Q sends it out in their usual blue bags or own boxes. At least buying direct from LG (even in 70% off sale) your bag is sent beautifully wrapped in tissue and sent in a very sturdy box. If anyone has ordered and the bag arrives with pressure marks on the main body from the handles or other packaging and hopes the marks will fade once unpacked keep checking and reject it as "flawed" if the leather doesn't recover in a week or two.

The LG patent, saffiano and grainy leather is more resilient whereas the smooth and highly polished less so, IME. I stupidly stored my Flora small backpack on its side and the polished leather is permanently dented; I still love it but kick myself every time I use it. I have the huge Maddy shoulder bag in black patent leather and DH folded it and put it in my wardrobe :taphead: Weeks later it recovered in a couple of hours, whereas Mr Akimbo took longer to recover after I gave him a serious telling off!

:mysmilie_10:

Looking at the close -up photos the leather looks textured - not quite Saffiano but it might be more resilient than I first thought. Only Navy (possibly a few in black and coral too) available now.

I ordered in Navy, the pattern is grainy its very "snake-ish" to be honest, its grainy with slightly scaly if that makes sense - as its the same leather as small LG bag I have. This is perfect for me for work, I can't see myself taking away with me as originally planned, but I cannot wait for it to arrive. As for the ink pattern I saw it in person this week and its very, very nice! I am very tempted with that print in the mini Lana bag for a wedding I have in a few weeks to go with my dress.

If anybody bought this tsv then check if the black dust cover has transferred colour onto your bag. Someone has posted on my facebook a copy of a letter from LG saying not to use the black dust cover because there is a risk of colour transfer and they sent her a white dust cover in place of it.

I received a white dust bag today as well but no transfer to my bag from the dust black dust bag that I can see

Latest posts

Back