M&S Summer Beauty Bag 2024

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndiK

Registered Shopper
The annual summer beauty bag is out this Thursday, 16th May. Apparently £30 with £35 spend and worth £170. Last year’s was a bit underwhelming, I thought, and I’m not sure I’m going for this one, especially as it’s £5 more.

IMG_4765.jpeg

It’s announced on the M&S website but they don’t give all the details yet. This unconfirmed list is from the Sun.
  • Fresh Elements Hydrate Overnight Moisture Cream - 50ml
  • Floral Street Arizona Bloom Eau de Parfum - 10ml
  • REN Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic - 100ml
  • L’Occitane Verbena Shower Gel - 250ml
  • This Works Perfect Legs Body Butter – 200ml
  • Colour Wow Xtra Large Bombshell Volumizer – 50ml
  • Ultrasun Face SPF50+ - 25ml
  • Clinique Moisture SurgeTM 100H Auto-Replenishing Hydrator – 50ml
  • Dr Paw Paw SPF Lip Balm – 8ml
  • Pixi Lip Lift Max – 2.7g
  • Formula Ultimate Sleep Cream – 15ml
  • M&S Discover Sunrise Eau de Toilette – 30ml

I’ve been looking at this for a few days…nothing I particularly want to try, and a few sample sizes….there is no way I would pay £170 for it… and I’m really trying to use up my stash of beauty products so it’s a no from me!

Thanks for posting this, I've gone back to using Clinique moisturiser and if this is the size included it's £42 on its own, so this is a bargain with the couple of other things I'll use. The rest get used making up raffle or tombola prizes for various organisations.

Individual RRP of each below. Rather than calculating the cost of each pro-rata, I work out what these collections are worth to me by looking at which items I would buy/use and totalling what I would pay for each of those as obviously I would never pay £170+ and I definitely would not use everything. I do actually think it might be worth my buying but only if there’s something else I want for £35 or more so I qualify. I’m not buying something especially to get the bag.
  • Fresh Elements Hydrate Overnight Moisture Cream - 50ml (£12.50)
  • Floral Street Arizona Bloom Eau de Parfum - 10ml (£29.00)
  • REN Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic - 100ml (£16.00)
  • L’Occitane Verbena Shower Gel - 250ml (£17.50)
  • This Works Perfect Legs Body Butter – 200ml (£28.00)
  • Colour Wow Xtra Large Bombshell Volumizer – 50ml (£11.00)
  • Ultrasun Face SPF50+ - 25ml (£13.00)
  • Clinique Moisture SurgeTM 100H Auto-Replenishing Hydrator – 15ml (£14.00)
  • Dr Paw Paw SPF Lip Balm – 8ml (£4.25)
  • Pixi Lip Lift Max – 2.7g (£12.00)
  • Formula Ultimate Sleep Cream – 15ml (£13.50)
  • M&S Discover Sunrise Eau de Toilette – 30ml (£4.67 est.)
Total £175.42. I am pretty sure (and it does look like) it’s a 15ml pot of Clinique, not 50ml as the Sun said, or the value would be over £200. So I’ve put £14, not £42.

Edit to add for @alisonwt that I don’t think that is a 50ml pot of Clinique, sorry! :(

Here is link to it

It’s up for sale now…. Anyone tempted?
I’m going to see if I really want the cargos I had my eye on in the shop and, if so, I will get a bag. As mentioned above, I worked out it would be worth it for the things I use and I can find homes for the rest.

The only other thing putting me off is I never pay full price for M&S clothes unless I need them and can’t wait. You do notice, though, that when they have the beauty bags and advent calendars, they don’t have as many (if any) clothes discounts so you have no choice. I had loads of 15-20% off coupons in the app in 2022/23 but far fewer this year, plus they tend to be 10-15% and only for things like cashmere. My monthly M&S card bills used to be quite high as a result but the last few have been around £30, which includes food hall items. Is anyone else finding this with the discounts?

I’m going to see if I really want the cargos I had my eye on in the shop and, if so, I will get a bag. As mentioned above, I worked out it would be worth it for the things I use and I can find homes for the rest.

The only other thing putting me off is I never pay full price for M&S clothes unless I need them and can’t wait. You do notice, though, that when they have the beauty bags and advent calendars, they don’t have as many (if any) clothes discounts so you have no choice. I had loads of 15-20% off coupons in the app in 2022/23 but far fewer this year, plus they tend to be 10-15% and only for things like cashmere. My monthly M&S card bills used to be quite high as a result but the last few have been around £30, which includes food hall items. Is anyone else finding this with the discounts?
Yes Andi, far fewer discount coupons this year, and lower values. I've ordered the bag as the things I will use make it OK. I was needing new underwear so put that in my basket yesterday so I could just put the order through this morning, normally I would have waited until I got a discount code off the underwear, but I bit the bullet and did it

Individual RRP of each below. Rather than calculating the cost of each pro-rata, I work out what these collections are worth to me by looking at which items I would buy/use and totalling what I would pay for each of those as obviously I would never pay £170+ and I definitely would not use everything. I do actually think it might be worth my buying but only if there’s something else I want for £35 or more so I qualify. I’m not buying something especially to get the bag.
  • Fresh Elements Hydrate Overnight Moisture Cream - 50ml (£12.50)
  • Floral Street Arizona Bloom Eau de Parfum - 10ml (£29.00)
  • REN Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic - 100ml (£16.00)
  • L’Occitane Verbena Shower Gel - 250ml (£17.50)
  • This Works Perfect Legs Body Butter – 200ml (£28.00)
  • Colour Wow Xtra Large Bombshell Volumizer – 50ml (£11.00)
  • Ultrasun Face SPF50+ - 25ml (£13.00)
  • Clinique Moisture SurgeTM 100H Auto-Replenishing Hydrator – 15ml (£14.00)
  • Dr Paw Paw SPF Lip Balm – 8ml (£4.25)
  • Pixi Lip Lift Max – 2.7g (£12.00)
  • Formula Ultimate Sleep Cream – 15ml (£13.50)
  • M&S Discover Sunrise Eau de Toilette – 30ml (£4.67 est.)
Total £175.42. I am pretty sure (and it does look like) it’s a 15ml pot of Clinique, not 50ml as the Sun said, or the value would be over £200. So I’ve put £14, not £42.

Edit to add for @alisonwt that I don’t think that is a 50ml pot of Clinique, sorry! :(
Thanks, I did check that before I ordered it unfortunately, but I've gone for it anyway.

I have never got any discounts with my sparks card. But I don’t think I would use most of the items in the bag, and I’m destroying to work through my stash…

Yes Andi, far fewer discount coupons this year, and lower values. I've ordered the bag as the things I will use make it OK. I was needing new underwear so put that in my basket yesterday so I could just put the order through this morning, normally I would have waited until I got a discount code off the underwear, but I bit the bullet and did it

Thanks, I did check that before I ordered it unfortunately, but I've gone for it anyway.
Thanks. I did wonder if it was because I was buying less that I was receiving fewer offers but wasn’t sure which came first: my lower spending or their rarer and lower discounts. I think the latter.

I’ve remembered I have £15 loyalty vouchers expiring 30th June. I can’t use them to pay for the bag but should be able to use them on the clothing that qualifies me for the bag, even if it’s the same transaction at the till. Worth a try anyway.

Thanks. I did wonder if it was because I was buying less that I was receiving fewer offers but wasn’t sure which came first: my lower spending or their rarer and lower discounts. I think the latter.

I’ve remembered I have £15 loyalty vouchers expiring 30th June. I can’t use them to pay for the bag but should be able to use them on the clothing that qualifies me for the bag, even if it’s the same transaction at the till. Worth a try anyway.
Thank sounds like a win Andi

• Fresh Elements Hydrate Overnight Moisture Cream - 50ml (£12.50) cost £2.14
  • Floral Street Arizona Bloom Eau de Parfum - 10ml (£29.00) cost £4.96
  • REN Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic - 100ml (£16.00) cost £2.74
  • L’Occitane Verbena Shower Gel - 250ml (£17.50) cost £2.99
  • This Works Perfect Legs Body Butter – 200ml (£28.00) cost £4.79
  • Colour Wow Xtra Large Bombshell Volumizer – 50ml (£11.00) cost £1.88
  • Ultrasun Face SPF50+ - 25ml (£13.00) cost £2.22
  • Clinique Moisture SurgeTM 100H Auto-Replenishing Hydrator – 15ml (£14.00) cost £2.39
  • Dr Paw Paw SPF Lip Balm – 8ml (£4.25) cost 73p
  • Pixi Lip Lift Max – 2.7g (£12.00) cost £2.05
  • Formula Ultimate Sleep Cream – 15ml (£13.50) cost £2.31
  • M&S Discover Sunrise Eau de Toilette – 30ml (£4.67 est.) cost 80p
Total £175.42 Cost £30 with £35 purchase.
Thanks AndiK for breakdown & prices.

Latest posts

Back