Magniflex Topper TSV 09/01/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Can you be sneaky with the mattress replacement - does she ever stay away from home at all? Just don't tell her and switch the mattress while she's away...
No, and no, unfortunately. The only thing she might be persuaded to have would be a topper of some sort, but it would have to be quite thin, and washable. I bought her a featherbed topper once and it was instantly rejected - ended up at the tip. That was back in the days when I was 'just pressing ahead'.

I totally sympathse, pick-a-lily. If she's my mother's generation, they worked and survived the war years, (my mother had to carry on nursing while she was suffering from jaundice because the soldiers were more needy than her, so she was told) so they're made of tough stuff and don't give in easily. The only way might be to approach it from the it's-worrying-me angle, but even then she might say there's no need, I'm fine. So really, you'll probably just have to grin and bear it because it is her choice, even though it's not the right one for her. Change is probably harder to bear than a bad back.

It's a shame, but I would agree with Thatu... if she will not be swayed, then you have to accept that it is her decision to continue living with avoidable back pain.

The only other angle I would suggest trying on her is - you buy a new bed, maybe for a real or mythical spare bedroom, and loan it to her (stressing that you want to make sure your expenditure definitely gets some good wear, so she'd be doing you a favour). If she is too proud or stubborn for that, you definitely have to throw in the towel... unless anyone has any brainwaves that might do the trick.

I know what you are saying, and I thank you for your understanding and contributions. Mum is a difficult character, with some mental health issues that make life much harder than it ought to be. I (now) know better than to try and force an issue. It's hard sometimes, when I can see solutions to so many of her problems, but if she cannot accept them there is little I can do.

I know what you are saying, and I thank you for your understanding and contributions. Mum is a difficult character, with some mental health issues that make life much harder than it ought to be. I (now) know better than to try and force an issue. It's hard sometimes, when I can see solutions to so many of her problems, but if she cannot accept them there is little I can do.

Mother and daughter relationships can be fraught at the best of times... You are right to go with your instinct based on your experience, however frustrating it is... sometimes that :mysmilie_11: smilie has practical as well as sarcastic use.

My topper arrived last week so I decided to wait until Sunday to use it when I changed the bedding etc. Initially I thought it looked very thin as I'm used to quite a thick topper, but I decided to put the 30 day MBG to use. Well, after one night I knew it was a keeper. Best nights sleep I've had for a long time. I'll never use it with the wool side up as I'd rather be too cold in bed than too warm, (I'm still in my 1 tog duvet), but it's probably my second best purchase from Q after the Air Ram.

Latest posts

Back