Mally TSV 14/12/2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have noticed and I want to keep my TSV but I want them to send me the smoky quartz eyeshadow and the Kimono pink lippy. Happy to return the Lippy as I already have it but not the rest, no way. Amd not at my expense.

I don't often return stuff but this has to go back. The bag is lovely and I've just ordered one on Ebay for a little over a fiver. Face Defender - I have one in stock already. Eye shadow stick - I love her shadow sticks usually but this one is too dark and really streaky if you try to smudge it. Eyeliner - already have. Lipstick - does not show as a colour on my lips at all so very disappointing. The blush was interesting but I'm sure I can pick one up cheaply on Ebay too which is my plan. How to save myself about £30 just before Christmas I think. Just trying to decide whether to ask for P&P refund too due to the colour changes.

Yes definitely ask for a return label (or collection) and ask for your p&p back too, QVC has not fulfilled it's part in the sale so the remedy is to set aside the transaction and restore all your money back to you. It's not the same as returning under the 30 day mbg because you don't like the colours - they're not the "right" colours.

I've had an email saying they will request the items are sent out to me by the vendor in 7 to 10 days. We will see!

Hi DD, would you mind copying and pasting on to this thread, the contents of your reply email from Q (blanking out any names and ref numbers), I just emailed a friend who'd ordered the set and she hadn't noticed she'd received different colours. So far she hasn't had a reply. It might force them to give a consistent response to those querying the TSV contents. If they've offered this to a couple of people who contacted them early on, then they should offer it to all. And being able to quote the email you were sent DD might just force their hand. What can I say, I'm a cup-half-full kinda girl!

Just trying to decide whether to ask for P&P refund too due to the colour changes.

I would definitely ask for all my money back & a free returns label. At the end of the day QVC/Mally have messed up this collection and what you ordered isn't what you received.

I didn't get this TSV and I'm pleased I didn't know, because I would be livid if I was having to sort this out. I hope everyone that is going through the hassle of it gets a positive outcome that suits them.

I sent an email regarding this matter on Tuesday 16th December.

Received this reply on the morning of Wednesday 17th December :=

Hi ---------,

Thank you for contacting QVC.

I’m sorry to hear that your recent order did not meet our usual standards.

I just wanted to let you know that I will request a replacement lipstick and shadow stick for you direct from the vendor, this should be with you within 7 to 10 working days.

If we can help with anything else please get back in touch with the team.

Best wishes

-----------
Customer Care team

That's really helpful and gives everyone else a bit of leverage in case QVC change their script once they realise how many people want the right colours sent out to them. :mysmilie_59:

I sent them an email on Tuesday morning but still haven't heard back form them! Do you think I should contact them again? It's a right pain all this isn't it! I'm thinking of sending mine back now to be honest.......never had to before now either.

when I phoned this morning I was told everyone who ordered will be contacted by QVC within the next 72 hours.

My friend got the following reply, which basically says "we made a mistake but that's it!" :mysmilie_51:

Thank you for contacting QVC.
Please accept my sincerest apologies regarding your item.
It has been confirmed that the studio announced the wrong colour* for the item and the item you received was in fact correct.
I am awfully sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I've coloured it brown because it seems a bit sh!t to me!

*this isn't correct, because not only did the presenters and Mally say the "wrong" colours in some shows, but they were also "wrong" on the web description. If you've relied on these colour names being delivered then I don't give a monkey's chuff what they had in their warehouse. Legally the remedy would be to cancel the sale, return and refund, but this close to Christmas a gesture of goodwill would help them save face and avoid another customer service own-goal!

So supposing she'd already posted it to someone for Xmas, she wouldn't have it to return and be left with no remedy! Also, why have some customers been told one tale and others something different? I've advised her to keep on at them!

Has anyone else had a different reply to the "tough sh!t" or the "we'll get the right items sent out to you"?

That`s a load of rubbish and they know it. Whichever colours Mally was using in her on screen demos are the colours people should receive. I didn`t watch any of her shows but even now it`s still saying smoky quartz is in the kit.

Regardless of the on-screen presentations, if you relied upon the web description and ordered from that having not watched TV all day, then you'd expect to receive the Smokey Quartz and the Kimono Pink. If they'd made a blanket decision to have customers return the kit if they weren't happy then why tell some people a different story?

When it comes to returns QVC lose their percentage and the cost of the admin side of the sale but the actual loss is bourne by the vendor (Mally's company) so it's no wonder that Q want the sets returned rather than offering a cash discount or a replacement duo. If I were Mally I'd argue that QVC made the mistake on their website and during their presentations, assuming she gave them the right info to start with and I'd save a bit of PR face by suggesting the duo would be sent out but at QVC's expense.

The first reply my friend got was complete bollox, it said she was mistaken because there was no colour choice in the Mally TSV. I think this might be because she emailed them before the whole cock up was breaking news on the web and the CS rep misunderstood what she was trying to say.

There shouldn't be any difference in the remedy offered based on how well-worded your complaint was, the two remedies pleople have been offered: free return or replacements sent out should be offered across the board! It's the inconsistency that annoys me!

I wonder, when they have a major balls up like this that their email inbox doesn't flag a trending complaint and simply send an automatic acknowledgement while they collect more info. Once a couple of different CS reps have tried to offer the best remedy they can think of they end up with a complete nightmare of conflicting replies on which it will be difficult to renege. The sharing of info on social media or in a forum like this really shows up any shenanigans in a scenario like this.

What baffles me is on Mally's FB page they are saying they (Mally) changed the colours so why didn't Mally say on air what the colours were, why allow presenters to keep giving the wrong information all day?

Exactly what I wonder Sazza; it sounds like an excuse that came out without having thought it through. The longer they take to give a definitive response the less professional they appear!

Okay ready for this one????? Comment on FB and this person had the correct colours sent out after complaining. BUT, in fact they are same colours again!!! :mysmilie_15: So there is no Kimono Pink or Quartz.

Latest posts

Back