Markon sizing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Polly Esther

Registered Shopper
Has anyone had any experience with Markon sizing?

I've seen a pair of boots I fancy on the web....but they're out of my size. Am considering trying a size 7, which is a size bigger than I normally take. Just wondered whether anyone knows if these come up big...or small?

If they're on the small side anyway, I might risk it, but if they're going to be generous anyway, a 7 would definitely be too big.

Hi Birdie,

I had a problem in the past with Sizing on Markon, just the one pair of boots, and I know at that time a few others on here did, but since then and that was over a year ago, I have brought a few pairs since and had no problem whatsoever. I am a 6 ,and a 6 fits so I think they now must have rectified the problem, why not order the size you are and see how you go on, you can always return them if you feel you need to go for the next size up. xx

Thanks Dazzler.

I'm a 6 too, but they're out of stock in 6...so that's why I was considering trying the 7s. I suppose allowing for wearing socks, they might be ok.

Think I'll risk the 7s, as they're a bargainous last click. Can always send em back I suppose!

I have loads of pairs of Markons and have found the size 5 to be a true fit. But I bought a pair of wedge shoes in the summer in a 5 and they were huge, at least one size too big. I ordered a pair of boots in a 5 last week, so if they turn up any time soon I'll let you know how I get on. I'm hoping that the shoe size was just an isolated incident!

:1:well I did the same with a pair of Markon shoes recently....size 6 was out of stock so I ordered size 7...they are a bit too big so I bought some gel insoles and that seems to have done the trick (but size 6 would've definitely been a better fit) :1:

Thanks Dazzler.

I'm a 6 too, but they're out of stock in 6...so that's why I was considering trying the 7s. I suppose allowing for wearing socks, they might be ok.

Think I'll risk the 7s, as they're a bargainous last click. Can always send em back I suppose!

Hi Birdie, In that case then I would go for the 7, and pop on some socks. you cant miss out on a last clicks bargain! If they are still too big put on a thicker sock, you will probably need it for the winter anyway lol. Hope you are ok , and they are nice when they arrive

Well I've risked it and ordered a pair. If they're too big with socks or insoles, they can go
back. Such a bargain though, at £10.

Last edited:
I am a 6 1/2 and bought a 7. The length was fine but they are a very narrow fit, my feet feel very restricted. Not comfortable at all

Well I've risked it and ordered a pair. If they're too big with socks or insoles, they can go
back. Such a bargain though, at £10.

Birdie I have those in the colour shown and in black, very comfy. I think you will love them. Yes a good bargain.

I have one pair of Markon boots in a 5 which fit well... I'm a 4 and a half. Believing the spiel that they were generously sized, I bought another style in size 5.... could barely get them on, never mind stand in 'em! Got another pair/ style in 6, bit too big but socks will do the trick for wintr... waiting for another style today in 6..... watch this space! Confused? Yup, that would be me!

Birdie I have those in the colour shown and in black, very comfy. I think you will love them. Yes a good bargain.

They only had them in brown left unfortunately - I would have loved a red pair!

Oh well, it looks like the sizing is very variable so I shall await them with interest (and a pair of thick socks!) :3:

I ordered this pair last week in the brown in size 6 as they didnt have the red (would have liked the red or black too) - I normally take a 5 1/2. I already have one pair of markon boots in 6 as they say in the speil to go up a size if you are between. Hope they will be ok too.

But I bought a pair of wedge shoes in the summer in a 5 and they were huge, at least one size too big.

I bought these too (http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.139861) and totally agree. I complained to QVC and they refunded me the P&P too so at least I wasn't out of pocket.

I have lots of Markon boots and sandals and these are the first pair that haven't fitted which was very disappointing. Wary to try their shoes again now, but would probably risk their boots.

Would love a pair at a bargain price but they never have my size :(

Markon sizing is indeed hir or miss: i have 2 pairs of boots in size 6 (i am 5 1/2), they are a little too large, but the 5 was way too small. QVC even send me once a pair of boots with 2 different sizes.... !
I will not buy markon anymore as I am fed up asking for prepaid labels and going to post office.

They are gorgeous! None in my size though.

I've found Markon boot sizes to be reasonably true. I take a four-and-a-half and have several of those pull-ons in size five. But the sandals were enormous.

I agree that it's a major disadvantage to a brand which is otherwise so good.

I bought these too (http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.139861) and totally agree. I complained to QVC and they refunded me the P&P too so at least I wasn't out of pocket.

I have lots of Markon boots and sandals and these are the first pair that haven't fitted which was very disappointing. Wary to try their shoes again now, but would probably risk their boots.

Would love a pair at a bargain price but they never have my size :(

I really should have complained too, I intended to but it was my own stupid fault for forgetting.

Good news though, my boots turned up today (they are one of the new ones on the site) and they fit perfectly. My faith is restored in Markon again.

i've found that with their shoes I have to go down a size (that was a costly postal mistake:31:) and the boots were relatively ok.

I think though it is a bit hit and miss but if they had a great pair of shoes or boots i'd risk it and go for it (as I have large feet and to find somewhere that sells nice looking footware for those of the large feet is great - am a size 9)

I have bought one pair, in my size (6) and they literally fell off my feet (which are quite narrow). Have tried several pairs on the the outlet and they are always massive on me.

i cant wear markons sadly as they are very well made for the price....i find that the 6 are too small & the 7 i swim round in. talk about barges.....as is i shop at the outlet i try all manner of shoes & boots.............but cant wear highheels so dont try those on....i would say of all the styles i have tried they are a generous size........
boots.......thick socks will be fine i guess.........bargain though at that price

Well my £10 bargain Markon boots arrived this morning.

Am in two minds about what to do now...as they are GORGEOUS...but a wee bit on the big side. Am just debating whether I can get away with them or not. They won't fall off my foot (being boots) but are a bit big. Am going to buy some thick insoles and see how they go.

Suppose I can always try them for a few days and can still send them back if I need to.

Really lovely boots for the price though.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back