MarlaWynne Fashion TSV 05/10/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think from seeing Marv on a few previous shows wearing jeans that her and I are quite a similar shape (though I could be a bit bigger on top.) Her thighs definitely look a similar size to mine and this Marla Wynne outfit does not suit Marv at all in my opinion apart from the colour which looks stunning on her. The style of the outfit only looks good on the tall willowy models.

Yes, she does look ok, but boy she cannot for the life of her inter-act with the guests. Marla was joking about having Qcut men and children (funny I thought), but Marv just went into her script reading spiel, clearly reciting what was being told in her ear piece. She REALLY is painfull and is unable to adlib whatsoever, so relies on facial expressions.

It looks better on the slim girls, it makes the bigger girls look even bigger than they actually are ... IMO .... and I'm sorry £61 for a dress like that is way over priced. For those of you that have bought it, enjoy, but there is absolutely no way I would pay that sort of money for that. It is the sort of style I would wear with leggings and boots, but I would expect to pay around £20-£30.

Well I am an XL, same as Simone the model, and Marla herself, and I think it looks good on both of them. Obviously, I'm not going to look slender in it, but there again, I don't look slender in anything. There is no point in not buying clothes because they only look nice on slim women, otherwise I'd be nekkid!

Whoever thought that a balloon dress, which balloons out around the bottom, was a good style for the British pear shape? Get a gust of wind inside it, and the big British bottom will look twice its natural size.

I might well be interested in the TSV... if only it was straight around the bottom, I refuse to wear the awful shark-bite or whatever they call it. I do like Marla but can't watch her this morning as she is on with the flutter-eye un-watchable Marv...

I like it. However have missed out as burgundy small is no longer available this morning, you snooze you lose, literally!

Thanks for that ! (I'm not quite a 'sprout' yet though !!!)

Brissles, many apologies for my error; haste and speed comes to mind! I did wonder why you referred to a sprout; the penny dropped only when I saw your plea for people to desist from calling you Brussels. Jay

Looks like a cheaper version of a Yong Kim dress, both expensive, both lazy designing, in my opinion.

It looks better on the slim girls, it makes the bigger girls look even bigger than they actually are ... IMO .... and I'm sorry £61 for a dress like that is way over priced. For those of you that have bought it, enjoy, but there is absolutely no way I would pay that sort of money for that. It is the sort of style I would wear with leggings and boots, but I would expect to pay around £20-£30.

I disagree; I am relatively 'slim' (12), athletic build with a defined waist, and of average height (5’5’’). I believe that the dress would look OK on me – but only just OK. On a larger figure, it would look much, much better. Marla, Marv and the taller model all look very good. Sally, who is very slim and tall, would look good in a bin bag. The ‘older’ model looked good in the burgundy, but less good in the mushroom dress.

Re the price: I think it very reasonable, given the amount of tailoring on view. In my limited experience – a cropped jacket and a few viscose tops, Marla’s clothes are well made, and wash well. Jay.

primark may do a dress for £20. i dont think this dress looks £20- £30. there is a lot of cutting and seaming and jersey is harder to work with. its not cheap but its not way overpriced. the yong kim one is much more expensive i think this looks more tailored and maybe better fabric

I'm about Anne Dawson's height and build (since my waist left town about 12 months ago) and I'll wear the burgundy with knee high boots so there'll be no leg showing, or possibly with opaque tights. If it doesn't create waves of static and washes easily I'll wear it a lot.
I have the sleeveless version in size medium but I'd say that the 37" chest measurement is a bit misleading, I haven't been that bust size since before I had children! So I'm a 14ish (I'm about a 34F) and a straight 37" top would not be a good look, I'd normally be looking around the 40" mark. TMI but hopefully it'll help others to select a size. With the sleeveless version the Large had armholes that were too low on me...apparently big boobs mean big arms to many designers; maybe one's biceps bulk out from carrying that heavy bust around?

They are saying its on Waitlist now but on the web a lot of sizes are sold out? Maybe I should call... Trying to sit on my hands but I must say I'm very impressed with many of Marla's items. I'd never paid much attention to her clothes but they are lovely and understated but different at the same time. Quite different to the high street imo

They are saying its on Waitlist now but on the web a lot of sizes are sold out? Maybe I should call... Trying to sit on my hands but I must say I'm very impressed with many of Marla's items. I'd never paid much attention to her clothes but they are lovely and understated but different at the same time. Quite different to the high street imo

goody is showing it in all its glory. its a nice dress. and dare i say this "you can dress it up or dress it down!

Latest posts

Back