Marverine, you are ........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Marverine has improved a lot since she first came.She was quite frightening to watch at first, rolling her eyes and pulling faces(gurning) and looked as if it was painful for her to utter words or really struggled to get the words out.
She has learnt to control all these a little and has a long way to go yet. I prefer her to Sarah Griffiths any day.
Sarah looks so snooty, pretends that she knows a lot (when she does not), talks over guests, cuts their conversation abruptly, screwing her face and many times tells the guess "do you think" suggesting she knows more than them, without giving them a chance to describe their products . She also preens , looking at herself on the monitor.
Kathy " ummm"s and "errr" s and "errrmmm" s a lot, sometimes she gets all confused of what she was going to say, but,... she gets away with it, and we forgive her, because she has a lovely smile and she comes across as a very nice person.

Marv is patchy, but sometimes I think she's a great watch. Depends on the guests.

I think the level of talkback you get on QVC probably makes news and current affairs pale in comparison. Some of the others make it look easy. Others less so.

I think she's a lot better than when she first started. Comes across well on most shows, to be fair don't see a lot of her but saw her the other day and enjoyed it!:mysmilie_59:

I like Marv. Weird isn't it, I can happily tolerate her possibly irritating traits, yet other presenters irritating traits (like Jill Franks) drive me mad. It's perhaps because I can see there's a warm human being shining through with Marv. The little errors she makes just makes her feel more human to me and less robotic like other presenters.

I can understand why people may find her annoying though.

LITTLE (?) errors !!!!! she barely completes a show normally. I hold my hands up, its me - and my irritation at the whole package, her ineptness with guests and talkback, the eye rolling, and the nasally half Brummie accent.

brissles;806299[B said:
]I can only imagine these 'presenters' do an amazing presentation tape when auditioning for these jobs, and I wonder how many of those who employed them sit with their heads in their hands when seeing the employees live on tv, and say "what HAVE we done ???" Because I'm sure I would ! I suppose we have to wait until their contract runs out.

Most if not all these 'presenters' are in fact self employed and naturally being in the PAYE sytem makes them all the more ruthless for a sale, Sara Griffiths gets a lot of flack on here - but she is like so many of my neighbours that i am immune to her quirks if you will...

I knew a part time worker who did shift patterns whom eventually got imprisoned for failling to pay her rightful employee earnings in tax! , But would love to see how Joanne Puttrich coped in a british womens jail, imo she would either become top dog or die tryin:mysmilie_847:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back