think The Q has had my last penny........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
My spending at QVC has gone right down anyway.I'm now down to buying kipling mostly.I bought the last Kipling TSV which in hindsight,I dont think was marvellous value.I also bought the last Laura gellar TSV and again,its not massive value - its not anything I've not received in other sets.

I've got a wedding and 40th birthday to attend in the next couple of months.The challenge to buy something to wear for both is on.I ordered a ronni nicole dress with many 5 star reviews and only 5 star reviews.,during the spring fashion promotion.Its hideous,doesnt fit right and its not worth even half what I paid for it.Yesterday I went to my local town centre,not really looking for a dress - but did try a couple on in TKMaxx (nothing special) but found love at first sight with a dress in house of fraser (episode).With all the postage - its probably only about £20/£30 more than the QVC offering.And looks and fits a million dollars.It cost me £2 in parking.

I drove home yesterday thinking what a mug am I to keep giving QVC my money.I've bought 2 kipling bags in as many weeks on Amazons lightening deals.they were practically giving them away - I bought an alvar for £10.99 and a bagsational for £12.49.Free delivery too and makes QVC's prices just ridiculous.I go on and on about if I had the money I would buy chanel foundation - I could have easily afforded that over my laura geller set.

I'm now in a position where I have to send the ronni nicole dress back.It would be cheaper to send it by the post office but its a hassle to get too.So I'm considering sending it by hermes which will cost me just under £4.I know all this info isnt news to me or many others on this forum - but I really think I've had it with QVC.I still watch and take part on here if though I've spent very little with them and that will still continue - but unless I see a massive deal on a much wanted TSV....QVC have had their last penny from me....

Agree with all you've said .my reasons for buying from Q is that I am housebound due to illness and like the detailed info on some products. But it pays to do your research and to be judicious what you buy. No one wants to feel like a mug despite Q treating us that way they don't deserve half the customers they have .forget the "award winning" customer services,they should provide better initial value and quality control.

Welcome to the club, rainbowdottie. I did the maths a while ago and it just didn't add up, but if it's a bargain, I'll buy it from QVC or anywhere. I'm not proud!

Yes I've always believed that I was a savvy shopper and I do shop around,but I hate shopping so online shopping is my weakness! Most of my QVC's purchases have been impulse buys (not much so the last couple of years) and I see lots of things tthat I like and I have to think No RD you wont like it when it comes!! and tha puts me off buying!!.

I'm not gonna close my account - thats just cutting my nose off to spite my face - but QVC are not holding their own at the moment

Try Gray & Osbourn Rainbowdottie, bit more pricy than the normal catalogue but have some great wedding clothes in all sizes !

I thought this was quite interesting when I was searching hermes and QVC

Hermes and QVC: Retail and Logistics Hand in Hand

The perfectly coordinated collaboration between QVC and Hermes at Hückelhoven shows just how well the retail business and logistics can complement each other. In 2007, the TV shopping channel expanded its warehouse in the town. At the same time, Hermes erected its distribution hub and the two companies became direct neighbours. The result is a state-of-the-art integrated logistics facility with amalgamated processes that could not be shorter.

TV shoppers are impulse buyers. Anyone buying a product presented in television does so spontaneously. Entertaining, varied and inspiring shopping formats with top-quality products as offered by QVC are the foundation for the success of television shopping. On top of this, the TV shopper wants to take delivery quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively. Regular QVC shoppers order goods 20 times a year on average. Longer waiting times, as is sometimes the case in catalogue mail order, are passé. QVC only presents products that it can sell from stock. And to ensure that the order is delivered quickly, the industry’s market leader relies on Hermes as a professional partner to fulfil its logistics needs.

A) it seems that QVC are laughing at us that all we're some sort of impulse gullible buyers
B) Hermes take longer than any other catalogue company that I know of!!!
C) Hermes IMO are not professional - to register and pay for my servise today was a nightmare - and the dropping off was a nightmare (both too long a story to type and explain) but it did make me totally think this is Hermes all over.hard work and unprofessional.

Well I am definitely NOT an impulse buyer. I've been known to spend 3 evenings ransacking the internet for a particular item, and unless the Q has exactly what I want, at a lower price than elsewhere, they don't get my money.

I can see the logic of the Q using a large delivery co. that has the capacity to deliver nationally. It would be a logistical nightmare to have to deal with many smaller, local delivery companies. But my experience is that while a company will jump through hoops to negotiate a contract (promising the earth in the process), once that exclusive contract has been signed, the service never lives up to those promises. And the longer the contract is, the larger the greater the gap between the promises and the reality.

I organised a collection by Hermes...it was collected on the day stated 21 Feb, however having tracked it, it was processed at the Hub on 25 Feb and thats it!

Looks like an email containing copies of paperwork etc, surely they should have had the item back at the Q by now?

I thought this was quite interesting when I was searching hermes and QVC

Hermes and QVC: Retail and Logistics Hand in Hand

The perfectly coordinated collaboration between QVC and Hermes at Hückelhoven shows just how well the retail business and logistics can complement each other. In 2007, the TV shopping channel expanded its warehouse in the town. At the same time, Hermes erected its distribution hub and the two companies became direct neighbours. The result is a state-of-the-art integrated logistics facility with amalgamated processes that could not be shorter.

TV shoppers are impulse buyers. Anyone buying a product presented in television does so spontaneously. Entertaining, varied and inspiring shopping formats with top-quality products as offered by QVC are the foundation for the success of television shopping. On top of this, the TV shopper wants to take delivery quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively. Regular QVC shoppers order goods 20 times a year on average. Longer waiting times, as is sometimes the case in catalogue mail order, are passé. QVC only presents products that it can sell from stock. And to ensure that the order is delivered quickly, the industry’s market leader relies on Hermes as a professional partner to fulfil its logistics needs.

A) it seems that QVC are laughing at us that all we're some sort of impulse gullible buyers
B) Hermes take longer than any other catalogue company that I know of!!!
C) Hermes IMO are not professional - to register and pay for my servise today was a nightmare - and the dropping off was a nightmare (both too long a story to type and explain) but it did make me totally think this is Hermes all over.hard work and unprofessional.

Well, that's a ****** lie for a start ! They are the ones who invented ADVANCED ORDERS ! so hardly selling from stock !

Also explains why Q don't like this forum much. How many of us actually purchase, on impulse, after watching a product on air? I think the last time I did that was many years ago. For several years now I have browsed the Q website at my leisure, and always searching for what I want and doing my own price comparisons where applicable. Last 2 years or so I have had this forum to have advance warning of things I might like. So for the last 2 years I have had several days notice of what is in the TSV's and other value priced sets. This gives me time to do a bit of research about the price and whether I want it or not. I regularly make use of the MBG if a product turns out to be not for me, and anything remotely impulse-in nature is cancelled online within the hour. So no, I am not a typical Q customer. I can't believe there are still people out there who do impulse buy.

I shop less on the high street so it's quid pro quo. During my QVC -free years in my late twenties/early thirties I still bought way too many beauty products in department stores, with less pleasing results so I cannot even blame Q for my beauty product addiction.

I agree with RD about the cost of returns and disappointment when buying clothes from Q. But my loathing of trying things on in a changing room compels me to continue to buy occasionally but in the main my clothes come from the high street and outlet stores when I can try to make it fun.

It's jewellery, not fashion that annoys me about Q, having returned about 90% of my jewellery purchases I think I should learn my lesson pretty darn quick!

I buy what I want but there are people who buy a lot of goods from qvc. they would not be in business if this were the case,

I have a hermes carrier and he is very very good at his job. I think qvc though make us pay a premium for deliveries but we don't get a premium service.

I ordered a food blender on Saturday from Ideal World. It arrived today - less than 48 hours after I ordered it - by Hermes. What sort of a deal has QVC got with Hermes that can't deliver as fast as that?

QVC get next to no orders from me these days. I no longer swallow all the skincare/cosmetics hype and to be honest I think we all fall into the trap at some point by over processing our skin with too many creams, gels, serums, scrubs, lotions, potions etc. Eventually I came to my senses.
Nowadays my purchases are few and far between and only if I can`t find it cheaper elsewhere. The internet World is a big one, as is the DHS and between them they tend to give me what I want at a reasonable price. More often than not, Q is one of the more expensive options especially with their p and p charges. Now and again I`ll opt for something on EP but only if I need it. The last thing I bought on EP was a Ninja but only because my previous blender/chopper had died a death after 30 odd years.

I have to agree that Ideal World has been consistently better (from my own experience) for the last 2 years (possibly longer) for delivery plus I've only returned 1 item in that time to IW but loads to QVC.

Well I felt bl00dy cheesed off today after driving round in the rain trying to find a hermes pick up shop with a bl00dy working scanner thingamajig.I driving round in the rain sayin to myself I ust not do this again,I must not do this again,I will not buy from QVC again,I will not buy from QVC again.....

how long will I last??!!

Depends on when the next Kipling/YC/Mally/whatever show is on. :angel:
But after a nice cup of tea and a sit-down, anything could happen! :coffee:

Well I felt bl00dy cheesed off today after driving round in the rain trying to find a hermes pick up shop with a bl00dy working scanner thingamajig.I driving round in the rain sayin to myself I ust not do this again,I must not do this again,I will not buy from QVC again,I will not buy from QVC again.....

how long will I last??!!
Even if the scanner doesn't work, they should be able to key in the barcode numbers. They have to do that with mine as my printer is rubbish

You know....I hardly buy from QVC these days either.. although I do watch from time to time and I did fall stupidly for one of the Yankee Candle shows about a month ago where they were showing at a special price a set of 3 Candle Scent Beads - approx £24 with the postage so I thought... Right! YC, always brilliant, will order these HOWEVER they are totally rubbish.. all 3 have tunnelled so badly and I have never had that before. Not worth the cost in returning so that is another lesson learned....:mysmilie_51:

The only thing I buy from Q now is the AD Skin Synergy oil duo and that is because they are genuinely the cheapest I can find even with the P & P. Believe me, I have searched high and low for a cheaper seller.
Considering one bottle lasts me 7 months, I now only order the duo once every 14 months. Amazon usually gets everything else to be honest.

Latest posts

Back