Mike Mason joins Ideal World TV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ok. Let me try to explain this to you. I'll keep it simple as a favour to you. I did not watch Mike Mason 'by mistake' I was flicking through the shopping channels, saw he was on, stopped to watch for a couple of minutes to see how 'fantastically well' he was doing, he wasn't, I changed channels. (How you doing, keeping up?) nowhere, did I say I watched him by mistake. :mysmilie_13:

It's true, I feel a bit lost without good old Bid (I didn't make any complaints by the way - even though they were justified).

Let's face it though they had been in financial trouble before ASA complaints were launched - in 2008 their finances took a massive nose dive when Virgin sold the channel off. I don't think they ever recovered - although the complaints didn't help (they took no notice of them anyway - Peter Simon even mocked the ASA on air).

It's a shame really because Bid was good at the beginning but lost its way towards the end. If the management had took hold of the situation better (financial and presenting style) they'd most likely still be here.

I agree, I feel the same way however others feel lost for different reasons, so they can super analyse every statement made by presenters, complain to the ASA and make horrible personal comments about presenters.

Thank you for your explanation, although you don't need to explain. Anyway at least we know you won't be watching him in future so he won't be able to offend you ever again:mysmilie_19:

:mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19:
Thank you for your explanation, although you don't need to explain. Anyway at least we know you won't be watching him in future so he won't be able to offend you ever again:mysmilie_19:

Well, I really felt I did, and yes, you're right, I won't.......now, I think I hear someone calling you.....

Last edited:
Absolutely hilariously funny!!! Another poster who watched Mike Mason for two minutes and found him unbearable!! lol. How many posters have said that now?! lol

Absolutely hilariously funny???? You really must get out more.

Last edited:
Yes there is no doubt about it Mike is clever with his choice of words, I remember once when he was selling a yarvik tablet for £150 and then said "we have sold yarvik tablets for £250" without mentioning that he was selling the 7 inch model and the 10inch model was £250 which was misleading. After the flood of ASA complaints he did change on bid and I don't think he would ever or be allowed to say such things on Ideal World.

Another thing i would say is that Benny did some fine work for exposing bid's bad practice and at times dodgy behaviour but you never get the feeling it was personal with him. He did out of a sense of what was right and wrong and didn't resort to making horrible personal insults about some of the presenters. I recall a poster on here (I can't remember who) who referred to Mark Ryes as rat-faced and poked fun at Simon Davies' gasping even though it was probably a medical condition that he had difficulty with his breathing. Those types of posters should have been banned from this forum as those comments were really quite sick. It takes a sick individual to make such comments - someone with real venom inside them.

Please remember we have a report a post function that you can use in order to bring a post to myself and Graham's attention as it is for us to decide if a post is appropriate or not.

So exactly when is Mason on? I know he's only part time but is it set shifts or does he just work as and when?

The only time i've seen him is (I think) Monday mornings.

Ok. Let me try to explain this to you. I'll keep it simple as a favour to you. I did not watch Mike Mason 'by mistake' I was flicking through the shopping channels, saw he was on, stopped to watch for a couple of minutes to see how 'fantastically well' he was doing, he wasn't, I changed channels. (How you doing, keeping up?) nowhere, did I say I watched him by mistake. :mysmilie_13:

Glad you didn't watch him by "mistake" thanks for clearing that up!! Hope the next time that happens that you remember to keep flicking through the channels instead of stopping and watching him (I hope you are keeping up?! lol ;) and remember to change the channel, it would be a simple thing to forget lol ;) nothing worse than making the same mistake twice eh...:) :D

I chose to watch, someone said he was doing fantastically well!!! I know!! How absolutely, hilariously funny!! But, no, he wasn't.....I carried on to something else ( still with me?) and, no, I never find myself unable to remember to change the channel lol. Do you?? :D

I chose to watch, someone said he was doing fantastically well!!! I know!! How absolutely, hilariously funny!! But, no, he wasn't.....I carried on to something else ( still with me?) and, no, I never find myself unable to remember to change the channel lol. Do you?? :D

Glad you chose to watch Docswife!! Yes I do think he is doing well in his new job at Ideal World, shame you don't agree with that but what a dull world it would be if we all liked the same things (are you with me too? lol ;)! And yes I do think it is really really funny that some people watch him day in and day out to criticise him, just like you said yourself they need to get out more don't they?! lol :) And yes, I always remember to change my tv channel over when there are presenters on I don't like! As I wouldn't dream of slagging them off on a public forum, I just simply flick the channel over (you with me?) lol :D

Last edited:
Do people actually watch him day out, day in?? How do they stand it?? The few minutes I watched was more than enough to be honest! Ah well, certainly would be a very dull old world if we all felt the same........ok. Bored now.

Yup it certainly does seem that way Docswife, Mike Mason is talked about on this forum every single day!! Quite possibly the most spoken about presenter on shopping channels on these forums! Yup. it sure does get boring taking about the same thing over and over I agree with you on that one! :D

Do people actually watch him day out, day in?? How do they stand it?? The few minutes I watched was more than enough to be honest! Ah well, certainly would be a very dull old world if we all felt the same........ok. Bored now.

It doesn't sound like anyone can watch him day in and day out, he doesn't appear to be on much and when he is it's in the shifts that were usually filled by the likes of Far Mani and Guy Kean at his old place.

I hope he gets a tech show, in the evening. That's where his talents lie, he's an expert you know? He can teach Janice all about tablets.

He sure knows teck-nolly-jee :mysmilie_59:

Just a couple of points for the record. I have never said that I hate Mr Mason. I don't like wasted emotion and for me hating a person is a waste. Never even met him so chat judge him purely on TV although I doubt he is totally different in real life. I don't like people who would say anything for a sale. Some of his pitches ie he has a family so understands or he was an electrician so therefore a piece of paper makes a good test reminds me of the people you see on Rogue Traders selling chairs to the elderly. He may of said nothing that sticks with the ASA but bending the truth until it snaps. What he doesn't seem to grasp is he doesn't ever see the people he sells to. If he worked in a shop he could see that he was selling to a whole spectrum if people and some are venerable and easily scared info buying things. Maybe if he saw the people it would be harder to do.

I have already gone on the record for my reasons in complaining to the ASA about Bid but I would like to assure people that my life is not empty without them. Netflix is my friend now when I am unable to sleep. That will tide me over until my wedding.

I think to insinuate that are lives are not full is a cheap low shot and wrong.

PJ

Without a doubt, my favourite presentations were the classic bass reflex test sheet and the worry angels! TV gold!!!! Also enjoyed the phone/toy. He wore his all the time, allegedly. Wonder what they made of it at the posh West end hotel he took the goddess to for valentines day......bet they were agog when they saw it. And not in a good way.

Without a doubt, my favourite presentations were the classic bass reflex test sheet and the worry angels! TV gold!!!! Also enjoyed the phone/toy. He wore his all the time, allegedly. Wonder what they made of it at the posh West end hotel he took the goddess to for valentines day......bet they were agog when they saw it. And not in a good way.

What made me laugh so much about the Bass Reflex Test Sheet is (and correct me if i'm wrong, as ever i'll happily apologise if i'm mistaken) but Moet defended Gollum by saying he was encouraged to do it by someone else.

Now, this is a man who, by his own admission, has (and I quote) 'EQ'd the sound for some of the biggest venues in the world'. It's just a thought but wouldn't you think that such a person would have the professional knowledge to tell them that what they were pulling was, to be frank, a complete and utter load of bollocks?

And yet he still did it. I cannot possibly think why, can you?

It's no doubt still talked about because it's just so ****** brazen, so shocking, that you quite simply couldn't make it up. But my word they could though, effortlessly.

I was disappointed to find Mike on Ideal World. I was hoping he would become the new Bose rep on QVC. He could have done away with the silly candle trick and replaced it with a more technical demonstration using the scientific Bass Reflex Test Sheet. He could have educated the audience by explaining how the sheet will crackle and fizzle when there's 'a lot of bass comin' on'. That Nigel fella is OK, but Bose could really do with someone who knows great sound.

Latest posts

Back