Mike Mason's CV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If Mikey could learn to be a bit more genuine on screen like Andy Hodgson and cut out the bs and hyperbole he might be less subject to vitriol on this forum.

I observe. There' not much point replying as you all seem to know better and There's no need to act on comments unless they are libellous as it's rather obvious tha the people on this site have nothing better to do with their lives than bad mouth people they know absolutely nothing about.

Maybe some comments are over the top/banter/tongue in cheek...

99% of negative comments on this forum wouldn't exist though if it weren't for the mis-selling and lies made up on a daily basis - it can even be proven with complaints upheld by the ASA into selling techniques used by Bid.tv... so it's not just folk on here who are making it up? Enough is enough.

I present the following evidence to the court: http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications.aspx?SearchTerms=sit-up#results

Last edited:
Maybe some comments are over the top/banter/tongue in cheek...

99% of negative comments on this forum wouldn't exist though if it weren't for the mis-selling and lies made up on a daily basis - it can even be proven with complaints upheld by the ASA into selling techniques used by Bid.tv... so it's not just folk on here who are making it up? Enough is enough.

I present the following evidence to the court: http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications.aspx?SearchTerms=sit-up#results

I think perhaps it's worth looking at producers, buyers and the company itself before you condemn presenters.

This evening mike mason said and i quote " i used to be a roller skating marshall"....he went on to say how he used to help all the girls up that fell over....creepy!.....and he also said, and i quote " im from the same planet as everyone else"....i have me reservations mikey !

You seem to continuously vehemently defend these presenters that spout such lies to vulnerable and impressionable people. Do you work for Bid by any chance?

No, I do not work for Bid in any capacity but I do know Mike and others. I just feel that presenters ate the 'face' of the channel but they are not responsible for the items/quality of items purchased by the buyers of the channel, nor are they
Responsible for the producers hard sell. Presenters can only use personal experience for selling a particular item
yet they are condemned by this site for doing so. There will always be some
Who exaggerate the truth, but Mike is boy one of those.

We noted Sit-Up had sent us insurance valuations for the ring, but understood that insurance valuations were often higher than the retail value. We were therefore concerned that Sit-Up had not provided independent valuation of the ring including certification of the gemstone grade in question, that demonstrated that the higher price of £2552 was a genuine market value of the product.

Bid TV tried to bs to the ASA! This company has got a cheek!

This evening mike mason said and i quote " i used to be a roller skating marshall"....he went on to say how he used to help all the girls up that fell over....creepy!.....and he also said, and i quote " im from the same planet as everyone else"....i have me reservations mikey !

An obvious Tongue in cheek comment, presenters do need to have a senses of humour!

We noted Sit-Up had sent us insurance valuations for the ring, but understood that insurance valuations were often higher than the retail value. We were therefore concerned that Sit-Up had not provided independent valuation of the ring including certification of the gemstone grade in question, that demonstrated that the higher price of £2552 was a genuine market value of the product.

Bid TV tried to bs to the ASA! This company has got a cheek!

The 'company' were indeed cheeky.

I think perhaps it's worth looking at producers, buyers and the company itself before you condemn presenters.

I can imagine the producers/management are the root cause of a lot of what goes on... but as the saying goes... you can lead a horse to water etc :angel: However, Mike was recently selling a flickering LED candle on the basis that if you didn't buy it you'd be burgled! :drunk:

mikes cv is bulging just like his ego hes supposed to be a dancer ,actor, musican, presenter ,and an extra. he can speak scouse, cockney,and a northern england accent and dont forget bullsh*T thats in his own language . it also says he does panto work i feel this cv speaks for itself there nothing he cant do hes amazing !!!! cant believe hes not been snapped with his talent !! but it dosent mention that he knows "good sound " or that he EQ ed some of the biggest venues in the word i think that the fact they have left this of his cv is what could be holding him back !!!

No, I do not work for Bid in any capacity but I do know Mike and others. I just feel that presenters ate the 'face' of the channel but they are not responsible for the items/quality of items purchased by the buyers of the channel, nor are they
Responsible for the producers hard sell. Presenters can only use personal experience for selling a particular item
yet they are condemned by this site for doing so. There will always be some
Who exaggerate the truth, but Mike is boy one of those.

Hi Mike :hi:

Hi Mike :hi:

I think you are wrong!
I am absolutely convinced that Moet&muffins is not Mike because the writing style of the posts is that of a female.
I suspect the truth is (as she claims) that she is a friend(not his partner) of Mike's who goes in to bat for him when she thinks he is being wronged.
I also suspect that Mike moans to her about issues he has concerning the company and that his views are,to some extent reflected in the posts i.e displacing the sins of the presenters onto the producers and the quality of the products onto the buyers.
The truth is that whole culture of the company is rotten,from the top to the bottom and that everyone involved in the sales process is complicit.

I think you are wrong!
I am absolutely convinced that Moet&muffins is not Mike because the writing style of the posts is that of a female.
I suspect the truth is (as she claims) that she is a friend(not his partner) of Mike's who goes in to bat for him when she thinks he is being wronged.
I also suspect that Mike moans to her about issues he has concerning the company and that his views are,to some extent reflected in the posts i.e displacing the sins of the presenters onto the producers and the quality of the products onto the buyers.
The truth is that whole culture of the company is rotten,from the top to the bottom and that everyone involved in the sales process is complicit.

Maybe it's Mike's producer? :hi:

On the subject of sales techniques I think this is how it goes;

Think of the worst or best possible scenario (e.g. being burgled or making loadsa money!!).

Employ these scenario's into the products on offer...

Example 1# This flickering LED candle will deter any burglar because no one in their right mind would leave a burning candle on in the window would they (even though it looks naff all like a real candle).

Example 2# All the tanzanite in the world is going to be extinct in the next 5, 10, 15 or 20 years. You'll be rich beyond your wildest dreams if you invest in it now!

... repeat for all other products....

Last edited:
Refusing to accept responsibility for your actions is cowardly. The presenters are just as guilty as anyone. They even have their own styles of BS, so it can't be solely down to the producers. James Russell has his talk of "genuine Christin Lars" and "hand assembled, with a hand-stitched Italian leather strap", Nicola George has her badgering hard sell, Peter Simon has his "we paid an absolute fortune for this. Goodluckifyougetit", and Mike Mason has his Bass Reflex Test Sheet, which is just an insult to viewers' intelligence, as anyone can see that it's an ordinary piece of A4 paper.

Bullshitters extraordinaire, the lot of them.

Dear _Mr Rossi i couldnt agree more with everything you have said ,its good to hear that we are all sing off the same Bass Reflex Test Sheet!!!!

Mason is flogging the Vodafone 354 for a grand total of £30.51 (same phone is £14.76 on Amazon, delivered) and claiming he pays £45 a month for his phone and calls (so I assume it's a good handset) but he reckons the Vodafone is so good he uses it instead of his contract phone. The trouble is he said he uses it to listen to his music by downloading tracks onto the SD card but he then had to check the box that it actually accepts SD cards. Another porkie pie? You decide!

Mason is flogging the Vodafone 354 for a grand total of £30.51 (same phone is £14.76 on Amazon, delivered) and claiming he pays £45 a month for his phone and calls (so I assume it's a good handset) but he reckons the Vodafone is so good he uses it instead of his contract phone. The trouble is he said he uses it to listen to his music by downloading tracks onto the SD card but he then had to check the box that it actually accepts SD cards. Another porkie pie? You decide!

agree 100%

however one thing shames me to say they could charge even more for it , mason flogs at least 500 of these each shift and must have sold 6000 in the last month

Latest posts

Back